#61 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:04 pm

Back now..... Don't think ewe kneed me to look for buckets!!!!! Ewe prolly should come doon ear and spend a few days rummaging around the G ornaments dabbers.

That's not so great.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#62 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:23 pm

Barrels are smooth with a very slight lip at the top right of both cylinders.

Worth chicken not oval.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#63 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:32 pm

Back now..... Don't think ewe kneed me to look for buckets!!!!! Ewe prolly should come doon ear and spend a few days rummaging around the G ornaments dabbers.

That's not so great.

Ooh i'll prolly come home with a working engine eh, gonna be after a new head so dont be looking for buckets as should come with a replacement.

Worth chicken not oval.

Already got OS pistons to go in 4th OS and NOS

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#64 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:53 pm

Ahhhr rebore, noice. Be interesting to know how well the borrum end of that badger is doin.

I do prolly have a spare head dabbers it's just the time to find and they would be untested and sat for a lonnng time. You are more than welcome to come doon with an enjun shopping list and have at it!! I will have a quick dig tomato but know most will still be attached to enjuns wrapped and palleted and others will be wrapped and in some box amongst a sea of other boxes!

#65 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:48 pm

Cheers daps might have to happen, currently got me finger in a pie so see what comes of it 1st, i'm actually hoping i'll be sorted with a new replacement head but looks like this engines been pretty neglected so christ knows what's going on downstairs eh, for all that it seemed to run okay, on it's last legs most likely. Let ya know :good:

Edited by dablik, 06 May 2019 - 08:24 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#66 Phracker

Phracker

discovering Carpe

• 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:17 pm

Jeez you work quick. I've got most of the block peeled apart, but have not started on the measurements yet.

BTW if the Haynes manual isn't cutting it for you, I've got the yammy shop manual for the 850. Been wanting to scan and make a PDF copy but life keeps getting in the way.

TDMmanual.png?raw=1

Edited by Phracker, 07 May 2019 - 03:18 pm.

#67 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:11 pm

Hi Phracker, me quick :D no way. i'm working outside so had to dodge the rain 3 times alone today, would be a lot quicker if my tool order had arrived last week and still not shown up.

Would'nt mind a copy of the workshop manual alongside the Haynes, especially for engine work, but then i've got Studs & Daps :wub: it might be on JBX for a download actually.

The measurements, yes and i'll be doing them all over again with a new head, will be getting a micrometer, dont like the vernier for some of them, keep us posted, maybe start a new thread with your build, every bit helps :good:

#68 Phracker

Phracker

discovering Carpe

• 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:23 pm

Hi Phracker, me quick :D no way. i'm working outside so had to dodge the rain 3 times alone today, would be a lot quicker if my tool order had arrived last week and still not shown up.

Would'nt mind a copy of the workshop manual alongside the Haynes, especially for engine work, but then i've got Studs & Daps :wub: it might be on JBX for a download actually.

The measurements, yes and i'll be doing them all over again with a new head, will be getting a micrometer, dont like the vernier for some of them, keep us posted, maybe start a new thread with your build, every bit helps :good:

I'll start a thread here shortly. Got a bunch of photos and just trying to sort things out.

#69 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:17 pm

Woopwoop got the little boogers undone so see if i cant pull the forks apart tomorrow, would like em powder coated as found somewhere that does sensible prices (car and bike stuff) glad i held off on buying paint today as am limited for spraying, last time the neighbour wondered why she had grey roses growing in the garden afterwards.

Edit....rained off again today.

Edited by dablik, 08 May 2019 - 05:26 pm.

#70 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:40 pm

Jeez a week off work to get stuff done and it's still chuckin, so i put me mackintosh and ski pants and braved the rain, well for a short while, it's not fun, yammered out the bearings from the front wheel as i need to have it dipped to remove the powder coat.

Then got one leg pulled apart using me manly strength, this is an old set wot used to be on Bigred and i got back after Big Dave squashed the right side until it leaked, that one's not coming apart because the bottom bolt is loose and now just spinning so cant get the cartridge out, mayhap will need drilling out.

Attached File  20190509_133113.jpg   140.86KB   1 downloadsAttached File  20190509_133120.jpg   137.16KB   1 downloadsAttached File  20190509_133215.jpg   110.49KB   1 downloadsAttached File  20190509_133145.jpg   124.29KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20190509_133223.jpg   97.92KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20190509_135903.jpg   125.67KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20190509_135947.jpg   171.11KB   0 downloads

Edit... Daps i'm sure you can guess wot else i'll be after if still available ;)

Edited by dablik, 09 May 2019 - 01:42 pm.

#71 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:31 pm

Some teflon for them bushes? ;0)

#72 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:36 pm

Those bushes look wrecked Cliff. I did the Tenere's forks a few months back and was surprised at what good condition they were in. Those must have had a much harder life.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#73 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:47 pm

They had a hard life Chris, when i sold Big Red he took it all over the uk two up and loaded, he weighed around 130 kilo's alone, poor bike eh, and thats the good fork.

Did you replace all oem Chris or just the oil seals.

Edited by dablik, 09 May 2019 - 09:48 pm.

#74 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:08 am

Did you replace all oem Chris or just the oil seals.

I replaced all the bushes, deals and dust seals. I got everything from Wemoto, much cheaper than OEM and seemed good quality. I've got a proper fork seal driver when you come to reassembly, you're welcome to borrow it.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#75 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:21 am

I replaced all the bushes, deals and dust seals. I got everything from Wemoto, much cheaper than OEM and seemed good quality. I've got a proper fork seal driver when you come to reassembly, you're welcome to borrow it.

Cheers Chris, i'll give you a shout when i do them, thnaks very much :good:

#76 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:09 pm

Second one apart, made a wedgie from a piece of garden bamboo to hold the cartridge, but a right bassad to seperate, heating them up for awhile helped, came apart leaving the lower bush and oil seal still in, fork stantchion appears in better knick this side.

Attached File  20190510_150544.jpg   116.5KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190510_145629.jpg   113.03KB   0 downloads

Took off all the brake discs and front bearings out.

Attached File  20190510_101926.jpg   222.48KB   0 downloads

#77 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:16 pm

Looks like one bush has ridden over the other, same as what happened to mine, bassad to separate.

Now for the difficult bit, what colour to paint stuff. lol

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#78 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:09 pm

Looks like one bush has ridden over the other, same as what happened to mine, bassad to separate.

Now for the difficult bit, what colour to paint stuff. lol

Ya dont say, was just having a look on bike pics and saw a lovely Silver mk1 belongs to some sqounk called studlee :D  now that iv'e seen some better pics of my colour i'm warming to the Silverish theme, black frame would be to dark i think.....we'll see :dunno:

#79 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:54 am

Yeah, looked nice eh.

There's a photo in the 850 gallery on JBX's site of a silver blue mk1 with dark frame, looks good. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#80 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:27 pm

Yeah, looked nice eh.

There's a photo in the 850 gallery on JBX's site of a silver blue mk1 with dark frame, looks good. :)

Looked at them also, some pics in good daylight make it look a whole lot different in Silver, would need to see a Silver PC piece 1st though, that colour can look a bit naff after PCing.

Tyres off this morning and a diddle with the Engwin, seeing hows me pullers wont be arriving from Mr Arse on Ebay i've found another suitable 6" with a wider spread to handle the job, hopefully.

Sump and gubbins

Attached File  20190511_125254.jpg   182.64KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190511_145206.jpg   141.6KB   0 downloads

Need to check out what this is, has a coat of clear sillycone around the bottom

Attached File  20190511_115723.jpg   161.31KB   0 downloads

It would seem i is missing a bolt :um:

Attached File  20190511_151410.jpg   132.72KB   0 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users