TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:08 pm

Wot we dun the last day.

Some of us were able to get up before noon after the night before, but not everyone. It was the official rest day so guys went off in groups to do whatever they wanted. Conor Pass several times in both directions was one of the favourites. I dug out the Dom and Catsbum and I did a bit of green laneing and genuine off roading up into the mountains including the spectacular ride along forestry tracks amongst lakes, hills and valleys. Being a smart ass I told Catsbum we would go back a different way which would involve a water crossing. When we got there I ploughed on in my normal track, hit a large, submerged rock and went over the top into the rushing torrent (about 12" deep of peaty brown mountain water heading for the sea) and got completely soaked. Catsbum thought this was very funny. The bottom was so slippery that I could not lift the Dom so Catsbum had to wade in to help. He did not think this was so funny as he had spent the morning trying to dry out his kit which was now getting very wet again. Before he came to my rescue he tried to get two lads, who were standing on a bridge watching, to get in and help me with the bike but the response he got was something like "I'm not fecking going in there mister". After we had the bike out the same lads very helpfully pointed out the rock I had hit and I reckon they had put it there! Anyway, Martin and I had a blast and he took lots of pics but not one of me in the river (I hope).

This morning almost everyone has gone and Castlegregory will be a quieter place from now on. It was a privilege for Syra and I to have been able to share some of the pleasure we get from living here with as good a bunch of mates as you could have. The whole week has been full of great memories which I expect others will share in other posts along with zillions of pictures. If I get Moderator status I will be able to edit the posts so that only the true versions of some events get viewed!

So, thanks to all for coming and for contributing so much. I reckon we nailed the best chocolate cake in Ireland along with the best chowder (Bondy and I were on a joint quest for this one), rode some of the best roads and got as wet as possible several times. Thanks for the bike in a block - it is amazing.

Carpedian love (not the 900 kind) to you all from Syra and I. You now all have a crash pad in the Wesht if you need it.

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#302 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:25 pm

Carpedian love (not the 900 kind)........ punishment.gif
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#303 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:09 pm

ye'll need a holiday after the rabble have left the west.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#304 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:20 am

QUOTE(Paddy900 @ Fri 11th Jul 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see chrisg with his hand up is he auditioning for the new role of Oliver.

"Please sir can i have some more" rotflmmfao.gif

Syras cake was lovely wub.gif

Big thanks to Syra for putting up with us all, and to Chris for his excellent organisation skills. I've had a fantastic week, thanks Dad good.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#305 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:20 pm

fanx especially for letting me spanner in your garage and for the tour of your workshops, really enjoyed that
its a lovely life you 2 have there, i'm really very envious

<dappers speak>
Oi lOike SyrAs cAke
</dappers speak>

ps. dappers we saw your cruiser mate at the petrol station we missed you by a couple of mins, he stayed with us until we left Wales and then parted company
he was following me into & around roundabouts at silly speeds..... very impressive for a custom
(i had run out of tread in the centre of me tyre and was trying to use the bit that was left on the outside occifer)

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#306 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:48 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Sun 13th Jul 2008, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps. dappers we saw your cruiser mate at the petrol station we missed you by a couple of mins, he stayed with us until we left Wales and then parted company
he was following me into & around roundabouts at silly speeds..... very impressive for a custom
(i had run out of tread in the centre of me tyre and was trying to use the bit that was left on the outside occifer)

I assumed it was you following me.....wasn't until we stopped at roadworks I realised it was him (Harley Sportster 835 or summat). rotflmmfao.gif He was a REALLY nice chap too. I tried to persuade him to come hoonin in da Brecons but he wanted his bed. tongue.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#307 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:30 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sun 13th Jul 2008, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I assumed it was you following me.....wasn't until we stopped at roadworks I realised it was him (Harley Sportster 835 or summat). rotflmmfao.gif He was a REALLY nice chap too. I tried to persuade him to come hoonin in da Brecons but he wanted his bed. tongue.gif

i followed the 2 of you for a bit, but i stopped and waited for ChrisG & Hutch
that guy had got the 2am ferry out to Ireland, spent the day with his daughter and then returned on the 9:15pm ferry
the only sleep he had was 2hours on the ferry back and he was going back to Devon, crazy mofo

we had a dry run, a bit chilly at anything over 90mph but the roads were empty wub.gif

roight, i'm off to give JHTs motor a kick.....

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#308 Hutch

Hutch

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:23 pm

1928 miles later.................. I finally have walked through my front door after a thrilling week, really enjoyed myself
A huge thanks to Pa Larkin for organising everything - great job mate good.gif and to Syra for the lovely cakes and putting up with us all, bet you're pleased that we have left you in peace now and have stopped terrorising your village!!!

Very tired and not looking forward to work in the morning mad.gif

Many pix to follow soon, just need to sort out the ones that are postable laugh.gif

Edited by Hutch, 14 July 2008 - 10:04 am.

TRX - Red/Black, 2000, sunny day toy and commute to work if weather is good
TDM - Red, 1991, touring bike and commute to work if weather not so great

#309 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:19 pm

you have settled in nicely :-)
Carpe folk have that effect.
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#310 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:17 am

Finally tearing myself away and at the point of leaving the Maharees. Hard to go, especially with the sun threatening to emerge... dry.gif

Easy (hopefully) run to Ladysbridge near Cork for a night's B&B then on to Rosslare tomorrow (3pm boat); final homecoming sometime on Wednesday. Ah the joys of retirement rolleyes.gif

Catch yez later.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users