• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:20 pm

Totally on the off-chance,  has anyone got  first hand experience of getting tyres in France ?  And more specifically, near Nantes/St Nazaire ?

I'm going to need at least a rear before summer and I'd rather do some research beforehand.  Advertised prices are all over the place !

#2 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:39 pm

I do.

I usually go to a bike tyre shop - also known as a motor-bike shop - then tell my choice to the guys, then wait for the tyre to be fitted, and finally I pay and go away.

Joke apart, a good place (pricing + choice) to go is Dafy Moto shops, everywhere in France including Nantes and St Nazaire.

Edited by JBX, 16 January 2019 - 09:40 pm.

top_640.png

#3 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:32 am

Bizarrely when I got a new rear fitted somewhere in France a few years back, I couldn't find anywhere with a Michelin in stock and had to get a Bridgestone instead. :rolleyes:

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#4 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:25 am

I do.

I usually go to a bike tyre shop - also known as a motor-bike shop - then tell my choice to the guys, then wait for the tyre to be fitted, and finally I pay and go away.

Joke apart, a good place (pricing + choice) to go is Dafy Moto shops, everywhere in France including Nantes and St Nazaire.

Thanks for that...

I know Dafy Moto in St Nazaire so when I need to replace a tyre I'll give them a chance.  Much as I like doing things myself, I'm not sure the additional expense of a beadbreaker and compressor could be justified ….even in the long term.

#5 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:30 pm

Tyre fitting is not expensive at Dafy Moto, it's even cheaper if you bring the wheel only.

Bizarrely when I got a new rear fitted somewhere in France a few years back, I couldn't find anywhere with a Michelin in stock and had to get a Bridgestone instead. :rolleyes:

UK plate explains that.  :P

Same story if you ask for a Continental IMHO !

top_640.png

#6 velf2003

velf2003

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 51 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:06 pm

+1. I needed a new tyre last year during my holiday in France. Dafy Moto offered a very good price, good craftmanship on putting the tyre on the rim, and quick delivery.

I do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users