#1 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:29 pm

I've renewed my driving licence tonight as it is due to expire soon (£14 the thieves :punishment: ), however.........

The picture they will be putting onto my new licence will be the same one used on my passport, (they take it from there - I didn't send them pics).

The image on the passport is already over 16 years old.

I had renewed my passport without renewing the photograph as I had not significantly changed my appearance in the previous 10 years :P , (one doesn't have to bother with counter-signatories that way :good: ).

Therefore, by the time my driving licence requires renewing again, I'll be 26 years older than the image.

Any conversation with traffic plod could be interesting/entertaining given a possible 25+ year discrepancy between the driver and the photograph :rotflmmfao: .............Via our democratically elected government we pay these empty-headed knobs good money - where's the joined-up thinking FFS???

Best wishes to all my readers

nairoD  yarG 

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#2 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:03 pm

Something similar over here several years ago.

Gov decided to change to credit card sized digital photo type licence. Awarded contract to private company.

Just a few faults, no-one knew name or location of company sites,

None apparently had a camera, or anybody who knew how to use them. We were all supposed to wait for months until they got their act together.

Rather surreal argument followed when I pointed out that without a valid licence, I wouldn't have insurance cover.

Gave up talking when I felt headache coming and phoned different office.

Told very helpful chap there that I had just gotten contract in New Zealand, and needed to travel immediately.

Sent helpful chap old  photos(previous licence) and got new licence back 4 days later. Licence expires 2022 I think, photos will be well over 20 years old by then.

Another annoying thing, how come you can only get 4 photos from machines? We never use more than 2 

#3 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:48 pm

.......can't quite believe what I think I just heard on the news....to whit......as from April , if you buy a new car, the vehicle excise licence fees (car road tax) will be going up (which shouldn't surprise me).......nor is it a surprise that the increase will be greater for cars costing more than £40K (£400+)
........but what seems hard to understand is that if the new car is classed as 'eco-friendly'.....presumably a hybrid , or indeed electric powered.....then that new vehicle will also be subject to an additional high level vehicle excise licence fee, whereas now it is free from that charge - an exemption introduced to encourage the purchase of eco- friendly vehicles by a previous government.......

.....and that somehow the imposition of that charge (£130 ?) is touted as having the virtue of being beneficial to the environment ! .........Oh yes! maybe that' s because it's a whole ten quid less than if it were for a non-eco friendly vehicle........!

Shurely shome mishtake......Jiff

#4 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:17 pm

cash cows as is all motorised transport

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:49 pm

The Govt also recently announced increasing investment in research of driverless cars and electric motors.  Mayhaps joe public is paying the costs of research by private companies. :rolleyes:  

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:03 am

My driver's licence renewed last year, with a 14 year old photo, and my passport renewed this year with a current photo.....They're quite different.

I reckon that it shouldn't be an issue for me until I start forgetting who I am

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#7 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:27 pm

who are you? does anyone know? or are you a figment of an over active imagination?

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#8 Pantboy

Pantboy

850 going for 900

• 890 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:12 pm

Saw this in the local news a few days ago

https://www.thebriti...primary-school/

#9 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:43 pm

who are you? does anyone know? or are you a figment of an over active imagination?

Hang on, I'll just check my licence   :rotflmmfao:

Saw this in the local news a few days ago

https://www.thebriti...primary-school/

Haha, just goes to show that it probably isn't all that important

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#10 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008