Photo
- - - - -

Travel Advice - Kent > Yarmouth (With Kids)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,627 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:38 pm

Week away with the family.

No bike this time :(

I'm fine getting out of Kent, but which route would people suggest once north of the water.

Goggle is suggesting either:

A12 or M11, A11.

I don't travel up this way much so looking for local suggestion on the best way to take - baring in mind that I'll have the twins (3yrs now) so we'll need at least one stop en route).

Thanks 

Ad

MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:50 pm

Sorry cant really help dont much go dare.... Unless ewe mean the IOW yarmouth in which case oil be dare in a few weeks. Sarf Hampton to cowes fur me. :-)

Cant believe twinses 3 already!!!!!!!!!!!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,777 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:33 pm

I believe here are major roadworks on the A12 at the moment, so if you're in a car you might be delayed a fair bit.  I'm headed down that way tomorrow, so can report back tomorrow evening :-) There are also average speed cameras in a couple of sections just south of Ipswich. 

There's an American themed diner HERE which usually attracts a selection of cars and bikes, so might be worth a stop off.  Empire Diner   I don't know what the food's like as I haven't tried it out yet, but it might be worth a look. 

Another option might be come off at Chelmsford and go A131 through to Sudbury, A134 to Bury St Edmunds  and A143 all the way through to Yarmouth. You could stop off at The Lollipop diner for some car/bike interest. It's quite a scenic route on reasonable roads and more interesting than just doing dual carriageways. 

I'm just north of Lowestoft if you fancy meeting up for a coffee.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#4 dmmsta

dmmsta

• 3,627 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:37 pm

Sorry cant really help dont much go dare.... Unless ewe mean the IOW yarmouth in which case oil be dare in a few weeks. Sarf Hampton to cowes fur me. :-)

Cant believe twinses 3 already!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me about - Has been an absolute whirl wind...they're still fighting the sleep thing, but we'll get there...the rest of the time they are either adorable or hilarious or a formidable pair to be reckoned with - was talking to one of the Nursery dads who said they were like mini female Kray's if another kid got a bit forceful over a toy one or other of my girls was playing with...

I believe here are major roadworks on the A12 at the moment, so if you're in a car you might be delayed a fair bit.  I'm headed down that way tomorrow, so can report back tomorrow evening :-) There are also average speed cameras in a couple of sections just south of Ipswich. 

There's an American themed diner HERE which usually attracts a selection of cars and bikes, so might be worth a stop off.  Empire Diner   I don't know what the food's like as I haven't tried it out yet, but it might be worth a look. 

Another option might be come off at Chelmsford and go A131 through to Sudbury, A134 to Bury St Edmunds  and A143 all the way through to Yarmouth. You could stop off at The Lollipop diner for some car/bike interest. It's quite a scenic route on reasonable roads and more interesting than just doing dual carriageways. 

I'm just north of Lowestoft if you fancy meeting up for a coffee.

Knew you were up that way near by.

I'll pop you a message if the itenerary allows it - but would be good to put face to name :)

-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:29 pm

was talking to one of the Nursery dads who said they were like mini female Kray's if another kid got a bit forceful over a toy one or other of my girls was playing with...

Haaa I know a bit about that! Tishabelle got identical twin brudders .... 6foot10!!

Hope yar havin a noice holiBobs. :-)
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,777 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:32 am

Having taken a trip down to the Empire Diner yesterday, I can report the the all day breakfast was pretty good.

The roadworks on the A12 didn't seem too bad from what I could see on the (very) short section we used.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

#7 dmmsta

dmmsta

• 3,627 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:53 pm

Cheers Trev.
Sounds like Empire might require a visit.
Pants - Empire Diner not open Mondays
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----

#8 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,777 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:10 pm

You've always got the fallback of Mc D's at Chelmsford services (A131 exit) or another just south of Colchester. 🙂

LCErj.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users