arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:35 pm

Gave mine a service :)

BsGk_CaCIAAUhCs.jpg

Nice new Yam filter and some Castrol Power 1 10-40, OTT maybe but she's worth it :)

BsGlJCSCIAEi2iV.jpg

Also I am a clean freak (OCD) so gave a it a test coat of Supernatural sealant on top of its wax, why? well why not... :D

Now for a ride :)

2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:48 pm

Took off the 1 litre oil container from the Givi top plate and used the lastic straps to hold on a roll mat.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 dogard

dogard

discovering Carpe

• 19 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:18 pm

put my standard cans back on and did the airbox mod again(reversed it for its first service)

#4 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:25 pm

I haven't done anything to mine today. 

I'm incredibly jealous of you garage and your bike lift. 

I don't even have a garage :( 

#5 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:39 pm

Ridden it :)

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:44 pm

Oh yeah nearly forgot....oi did that too favs. :)

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#7 hallrob1

hallrob1

has been here 4ever

• 1,098 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:45 pm

BsGk_CaCIAAUhCs.jpg

Nice new Yam filter and some Castrol Power 1 10-40, OTT maybe but she's worth it :)

BsGlJCSCIAEi2iV.jpg

Also I am a clean freak (OCD) so gave a it a test coat of Supernatural sealant on top of its wax, why? well why not... :D

How did you treat the matt side panels?

1999 Gilera Runner 125SP, 2002 Piaggio X9 250, 2004 Bandit 600, 2005 TDM 900, 2007 Honda CB1300S, 2008 Tiger 1050, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900, 2006 Tiger 955i, 2018 Triumph Tiger Sport,  2023 Triumph Tiger 900, XJR1300, 2011 (2009) TDM 900, 

Farkles - Laser Duo Techs, MTC Stainless Exhausts, Laser Duo Techs, Power Commander and custom map, Tenere 1200 Handguards, Yamaha Heated Grips, MRA Vario screen, SW Motech Alurack,  Givi and Hepco and Becker top boxes, Givi Engine bars, Garmin Zumo XT

#8 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:51 pm

@hallrob1  I just waxed the lot, I used to have a satin Z1000 (06) and wax was a big no no as would ruin the factory finish, but the TDM's side panels somewhat keep the flat look even after a coat of wax, I'd care more but at 650miles old my other half knocked it off the side stand and put a "rub" mark in the left panel, I do have the whole event on film (CCTV) and have been tempted to upload it and show the shame of a brand new TDM being mown out the way by a Mitsubishi colt!!! But think she may kill me if I do...haha 

Edited by arthurbikemad, 09 July 2014 - 01:52 pm.

2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#9 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:06 pm

Changed two slightly rusty screws for stainless on my airbox to throttle body clamps. I know you can't see them, but I know it's there and it niggles.

Then wiggled this and that found slight play in rear wheel bearings, so out they came and put in new ones plus sprocket carrier bearing which was reasonable, but slightly rough to turn so it failed my standards. Yearly grease of suspension links.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#10 howie

howie

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:07 pm

BsGk_CaCIAAUhCs.jpg

BsGlJCSCIAEi2iV.jpg

Hell that's some posh workshop you got there Arthur ! I have to share mine with a tumble dryer, freezer, fridge and grandkid's toy's bikes ect, only just got room for me TDM 63 Benly and 81 XT 250 ! 

#11 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:09 pm

Ha, thanks, GREAT to see what you have all been up too :)

#12 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• 3,627 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:14 pm

Changed two slightly rusty screws for stainless on my airbox to throttle body clamps. I know you can't see them, but I know it's there and it niggles.

Then wiggled this and that found slight play in rear wheel bearings, so out they came and put in new ones plus sprocket carrier bearing which was reasonable, but slightly rough to turn so it failed my standards. Yearly grease of suspension links.

How to you get your bearings our Mr H.

Do you have a magic tool, or the usual hammer & drift method.

MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#13 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:42 pm

not today, but Monday finally got fed up enough with my grabbing front brakes to service them. Caliper pistons given a good clean, polished slide pins and, gulp, bled them. Now I've got fantastic, progressive blue spots back.

Oh, and I poured salt water on as many screws as I could see in hope that Mr Henty will notice the rust spots next fettle day ;-)

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#14 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:10 pm

I saw mine briefly at the weekend when I went in to the garage to get the extension lead :(

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#15 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:59 pm

I thought about it as I ain't got it yet. :unsure2:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#16 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:04 pm

BsGk_CaCIAAUhCs.jpg

BsGlJCSCIAEi2iV.jpg

Like the look of the seat there.

Oh yeah.

Commuted to work n back.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#17 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:10 pm

Knocked the old wheel bearings out and dropped wheels off at the powder coaters
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#18 Pantboy

Pantboy

850 going for 900

• 890 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:05 pm

Rode to work and back and fitted a pair of Lee Henty stainless steel front brake pad retaining pins :good:

#19 danresh

danresh

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:38 pm

Rode my TDM to work. Stopped at the red light. Heard the alarm sirens go off. Dropped my side  stand, got off the bike (left it standing at the intersection -all other drivers left their cars too), sat low close to a concrete wall and waited.

Ten seconds later heard two muffled explosions from a distance, assuming they were anti-rockets missiles intercepting the incoming rockets from Gaza, got up, climbed back on my TDM, waited for the next green light and continued my uneventfull ride to work..

Just another morning in our crazy spot in the Middle East.

Danresh

Danresh - the HolyLand TDM knight

TDM900 (2009) - Lowered suspension, Lowered side-stand with wider tip, O2 sensor removed, Givi top and side-cases, H-7+90% headlights, Additional blinking backlights, Stehbel horn, Secdem screen, BMW1150 Bar-risers, Remote controled cellular alarm sys, Throttle lock cruise control, CrumpBuster, GIpro-x type Gear Indicator, Mirrors raised up and out. Rear sprocket-46 teeth. Speedo Healer. K&N AirFilter. Barkbusters Storm Hand-Guards. Dobeck Performance TFI-1025 injection control. Skene Design P3 back LED lights. G-2 Throttle Tamer. BikeVis Bullet LED DRLs on handguards. LED fairing light. 2 Cree U5 LED fog-lights mounted on engine guard. MRA Xcreen on windshield. PR3 tyres.

#20 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:42 pm

How to you get your bearings our Mr H.

Do you have a magic tool, or the usual hammer & drift method.

expanding collet and slide hammer, aka the blind bearing puller, the proper tool for the job.

Then I made special alloy centering drifts screwed to a steel whacking post to put them in with

They go in nice a square no bother.

like this:

http://www.machinema...ring-puller-set

Edited by leehenty, 09 July 2014 - 07:49 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users