#4961 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 18 September 2021 - 05:57 pm

Went for a day out with my grandson, couldn't even get an ice cream at New Brighton, looks like the developers are having a hayday there.

attachicon.gif P1000172.JPG

Great to see you out riding with yer grandson Graham. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4962 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 20 September 2021 - 01:56 pm

I had one on a Z650 years ago, I seem to recall the head end of the spindle had a keyway and the nut end had a flat so the concentric adjusters were always aligned.

correct, make sit so easy to adjust the chain

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#4963 steve27bha

steve27bha

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 25 September 2021 - 09:00 pm

Fitted a Pyramid extension to the rear hugger. Saw it on eBay new but cheaper than usual.

I used only the four plastic rivets provided to secure it, without the double-sided sticky pads. I had used aluminium pop rivets on the front one I fitted ages ago but decided to go for the hidden effect here.

It's not particularly long but looks OK, methinks. Not been tried on the road yet.

Attached File  DSC02637.JPG   111.83KB   2 downloads

TDM900A 2008/09 in use, with     gallery_179098_391_770.jpg sml_gallery_179098_391_1145.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1206.jpg gallery_179098_391_253.jpg gallery_179098_391_82.jpg gallery_179098_391_725.gif gallery_179098_391_797.jpg gallery_179098_391_1396.jpg gallery_179098_391_501.jpg gallery_179098_391_316.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1768.jpg gallery_179098_391_106.jpggallery_179098_391_2170.jpg gallery_179098_391_1373.jpg

CBX750FE in reserve; Cagiva N90 125 now rebuilt & in use.

#4964 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 26 September 2021 - 01:44 pm

Rode it to rescue another Niner with flat battery.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4965 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 26 September 2021 - 03:01 pm

Just ridden back from Dom’s bike stop in Leominster after a great weekend in the Peak District and Derbyshire Dales with Danny Boy and (briefly) Big Dave, both formerly of this parish but now moved on to lesser machines! Realised that riding in the South East is no longer a pleasure so hopefully will be spending more weekends further afield. Even with the almost blanket 50 mph limit the roads up there are much better to ride. Tdm ran perfectly on E10, E5 or E7.5! Only problem was getting hold of it after the “DON’T PANIC” announcement, even had to fill up on the motorway at £1.60 a litre, only time I’ve seen queues there, luckily the E5 pumps were clear. Also found out I was even further from home at Dom’s than I was at Danny’s, not really “on the way” Enjoyed the ride there and home though. Cheers Danny!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#4966 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 04:41 pm

Took it for a lightweight overnight under canvas.

Grand fire.

N Yorks moors in heavy fog this morning, kamikaze sheep, walkers in drab clothing waiting to be rear-ended (hum ho) and psychotic cyclists- mini pelotons on single track foggy roads ffs.

Still good fun.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#4967 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 17 October 2021 - 03:44 pm

Took it for 100 mile test session after changing fork oil to 15 W which seems to suit it better.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4968 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 24 October 2021 - 03:40 pm

Just doing my first yearly front fork oil change since replacing springs and fitting a RaceTech Gold Valve kit.   Big improvement right away. No more mushyness and much less dive on braking.                       Definitely felt planted !
So I've got the fork legs dismounted, the top caps and springs removed when I noticed a fair amount of stiction in the left fork leg ?  When I was fitting the Gold Valve kit I replaced the fork bushes and seals and everything was clinically clean at the time. The stanchions are perfect, surface excellent and no bending detected when rolling on a plate glass surface. I didn't want to dismantle the fork any further and almost certainly damage the bushes in the process so I prised out the dust seal and checked for contamination in that area.  Cleaned out the traces of assembly grease and applied a bit of ATF fluid and worked the stanchion up and down wiping of patches of dark contamination. I tipped in 500ml of white spirit, put the cap back on and continued pumping the stanchion up and down. Eventually it freed off and it's now as free as the other leg. With the caps on you can feel the trapped air acting as a spring.

I certainly never noticed this on assembly last year.  I've been using Total Fluidmatic ATX, compatible with just about all ATF fluids as far as I can make out. Never had any problem with the fluid before and it's only one side that's affected.  

Maybe I'm being hyper critical but I always thought that these things should be as smooth as a virgin's thigh....whatever that is ?

#4969 Sabresdad

Sabresdad

discovering Carpe

• 18 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 25 October 2021 - 08:09 pm

Starting has been getting more sluggish despite the bike having been on the Optimate if it didn't catch first time chances are it wouldn't go,so I replaced the cheapo Platinum battery with the correct rated Yuasa battery.

Result instant starting

#4970 Tor

Tor

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 October 2021 - 09:44 am

Fitted a new, 49 cm tall touring screen from a Polish eBay seller. Polish product, happy with the fit and in Dark Smoked it’s an exact match. There’s even a discrete almost-correct logo printed on it.

Purchased a 12 cm clip-on deflector from same that doesn’t need any drilling. Package discount, £130 delivered and taxed to Norway. The weather is horrible so I’m not about to try it out today, though. But I’ll share some before and after pics.

Screen

Deflector

Attached Files

#4971 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 29 October 2021 - 09:22 pm

Fitted a new, 49 cm tall touring screen from a Polish eBay seller. Polish product, happy with the fit and in Dark Smoked it’s an exact match. There’s even a discrete almost-correct logo printed on it.

Purchased a 12 cm clip-on deflector from same that doesn’t need any drilling. Package discount, £130 delivered and taxed to Norway. The weather is horrible so I’m not about to try it out today, though. But I’ll share some before and after pics.

Screen

Deflector

That TDM logo font was used on the 4TX from 1996-2002

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#4972 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 08:15 am

Is that a Lotus in the back ground?

#4973 Tor

Tor

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 11:05 am

Is that a Lotus in the back ground?

It's a Rover P6, waiting for some steering issues to get sorted. If it ever stops raining AND gusting for an hour or so. Fat chance this year...

That TDM logo font was used on the 4TX from 1996-2002

Cool, thanks.

#4974 Plat0nius

Plat0nius

discovering Carpe

• 14 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 05 November 2021 - 05:34 pm

Took the cylinder head off to recheck valves. After swapping the head + cams in the summer, wanted to make sure everything was still within spec. It was.

Also ordered the same windscreen as Tor above, works great. Now the wind is straight to my helmet shield and its clean air most of the time, no buffeting. Did little over 350km with it and I like it. Also testing out extra deflector, to see if I can get the wind above my head, still looking for the correct positioning. Rode 200km yesterday and now got the wind hitting top of the helmet.

Up next is to find new handlebars, mine are little bent and I'm not really fond of them, 2h of riding and my fingers die on the right hand (left side is bent and is fine :D). Probably will get wider and straighter bars. Renthals would be great but ordering them to my country is expensive, will look for similar in local shops. Probably will need raisers as well, depends how high the bars are. 

Couldn't figure out how to add pictures directly, so no pics :)

#4975 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 07 November 2021 - 12:51 pm

Bar risers, renthal 755s and grip puppies will transform it

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#4976 Tor

Tor

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 08:20 am

Took the cylinder head off to recheck valves. After swapping the head + cams in the summer, wanted to make sure everything was still within spec. It was.

Also ordered the same windscreen as Tor above, works great. Now the wind is straight to my helmet shield and its clean air most of the time, no buffeting. Did little over 350km with it and I like it. Also testing out extra deflector, to see if I can get the wind above my head, still looking for the correct positioning.

Interesting that you got the same! My initial verdict on the screen is that it increased noise and turbulence, while the deflector helped a good deal. A little bit of popping/crackling, only. I stupidly bought them both in Dark Smoked, not thinking at all about just how much I ride in the dark this side of summer. Looks pretty good though  :rolleyes:

Attached File  82266984-BDCF-4FAA-B3F1-B3BC62792106.jpeg   355.57KB   1 downloads

#4977 Timbo1866

Timbo1866

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 07:49 pm

MOT done on Saturday
passed with one advisory and a wink of the testers eye
in other words get a new rear tyre
So got one fitted today
Might not get much riding done until next year now,
but at least if we get some good weather it will be ready.

#4978 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 04:35 pm

Gone camping on it until next Monday.

#4979 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 10 November 2021 - 04:55 pm

Winter woolies on Al  :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4980 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 05:09 pm

I'll email pictures 😊

1 user(s) are reading this topic