#1 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 30 August 2021 - 07:46 am

I stunk the house last night as the fuel pipe went all mushy on the tank spigot and emptied the contents in my garage.

I do use the expensive fuel too

has anyone any up to date recommendations for fuel hose?

looks like a 7mm internal diameter and i will renew the fuel filter too so anyone have a particular model from the one i already have?

suppliers would be good and obviously e10 resistant

wray bike night this thursday too and the weather's supposed to be good  <_<

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,117 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 30 August 2021 - 07:47 am

I think dabbers went through this jou recently but not sure if a solution was found. I would be interested to know too.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 30 August 2021 - 08:10 am

Tygon fuel tubing is rated for higher than 10% ethanol, and fully petrol resistant

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#4 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 08:28 am

Tygon fuel tubing is rated for higher than 10% ethanol, and fully petrol resistant

that's the stuff used for strimmers etc. i have just replaced that tubing on a petrol strimmer as it went really hard

Edited by drewpy, 30 August 2021 - 08:29 am.

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 30 August 2021 - 10:46 am

Post 39 drew, here.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 03:27 pm

Post 39 drew, here.

thanks, i've seen that and its the same stuff i have now from wemoto, says its not for biodiesel whatever that means as the bio will be ethanol.

i think things have moved on and after a bit of research looking at SAE J30 R9 Fuel Line Injection Nitrile Rubber Hose Pipe I've ordered some and we'll see how it fits

#7 dablik

dablik

• 10,754 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 05:15 pm

The hose in the link is R9 and up to E85 proof, 8mm was all i could find, 7mm would be better though..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 01 September 2021 - 07:25 am

The hose in the link is R9 and up to E85 proof, 8mm was all i could find, 7mm would be better though..

i'm amazed 7mm isn't readily available but i guess it's down to fact that 8mm must be more widely used?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#9 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 10:00 pm

managed to source some and fits great

claims tube has been upgraded to meet changes in fuel characteristics and resists heat and oil

https://www.carbuild...el-hose-7mm-932

Edited by drewpy, 03 September 2021 - 12:51 pm.

#10 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,117 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 03 September 2021 - 04:26 am

Well done drewps, has a chance of being decent stuff from Gates.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#11 dablik

dablik

• 10,754 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 11:47 am

I came across those while searching but of course went a bit anal for the other stuff, prolly be a bit of a squeeze to fit ! anyway at that price would'nt worry me to change them every year or so..

#12 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 09:39 am

I bought some from eBay when I first got my tdm. Described as Smooth Nitrile fuel hose. With the 3vd being gravity feed, it doesnt need a reinforced one. I got the 7.2mm and fits perfect. Its still as pliable and shiney nearly 6yrs on.

#13 dablik

dablik

• 10,754 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 07:14 pm

I bought some from eBay when I first got my tdm. Described as Smooth Nitrile fuel hose. With the 3vd being gravity feed, it doesnt need a reinforced one. I got the 7.2mm and fits perfect. Its still as pliable and shiney nearly 6yrs on.

More to do with being E10 resistant Pedro, read the thread  :punishment:

#14 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 07 September 2021 - 10:37 am

managed to source some and fits great

claims tube has been upgraded to meet changes in fuel characteristics and resists heat and oil

https://www.carbuild...el-hose-7mm-932

well dare goes £57 on fuel hose and stainless clips etc !

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#15 dablik

dablik

• 10,754 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 12:19 pm

well dare goes £57 on fuel hose and stainless clips etc !

More than one bike one presumes Ken ?

#16 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 01:16 pm

More than one bike one presumes Ken ?

i always buy in bulk,  so i got 2m of hose and 2 different sizes of stainless hose clips, a pliers and odd n' sods. 

#17 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 04:21 pm

More to do with being E10 resistant Pedro, read the thread  :punishment:

I did! I always thought, and have been told that nitrile fuel hoses were ethanol resistant. I shall find out in a few years I suppose!

#18 dablik

dablik

• 10,754 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 08:28 pm

I did! I always thought, and have been told that nitrile fuel hoses were ethanol resistant. I shall find out in a few years I suppose!

Well really it would be dependant on their quality, admittedly my last set were shoite and cheap and lasted a year before melting, think i would check em a bit more often though Pedro, had a set on which i think were oem and they stood the test of time but i replaced due to age, silly me..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users