#1 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:49 pm

Every treader is an adventure.  On todays pootle I felt the sudden need for fuel in the form of oice cream.  Managed to find a shop eventually but only packs of three ice creams. ..what can ya do.  :lol:

So I left shop and treadered out of town for a sit doon on a bench and some oice cream.  I passed a blind couple (on foot I should add) on the way ooot and then they repassed me as I sat eating ice cream.  I asked em if they would do us a flavour and scoff an oice cream each wid me to stop em meltin in me pocket...so I sat on a bench in the middle of two blind peeps and their harnessed/fluorescent dawgs, all three of us wearin shades and scoffin oice cream and nattering aboot all sorts of jibber jabber,  :lol:   Part of the deal was that if they helped me ooot with the oice cream oi would help them ooot with the dawg turd they had been carrying for several miles...so after our jibber jabber off oi treadered with a turd swingin from me handlebars.....chucklin to me'sen loike a madman, :unsure2:

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#2 Pantboy

Pantboy

850 going for 900

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 890 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:05 pm

:rotflmmfao:  a very random story there dappers, love it, how long did you have to carry the turd :dunno:

#3 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:35 pm

Ice cream for dog richards. You deserve a red nose and a Blue Peter badge there Dappety.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#4 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,163 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:03 pm

Dappers that's the best little story I've heard in ages , brilliant :good: 

You've made my day, top fella :badgerrock: 

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:39 pm

I had a bit of a di-lemur Pants either cycle back oop the way I came (grrt big hill) where there would def be turdbin or leaf it to swing on handlebars slappin me knee for at least 15miles of nothingness......so I went back from whenst I came, logged off and then treadered back. :)

I learnt some fascinating facts abooot guide dogs.  They are already trained and start work at 18months old!  They have a failsafe "back to base" option if you get lost.  Some of them are clever enough not only to detect obstacles at ground level but will also refuse to go past human head height obstacles loike scaffolding and finally they love to lick the last bit off yer lolly stick (yes that does sound wrong) but only if ya ignore the "please donut feed" sign on the harness.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:10 pm

Brilliant

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#7 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:12 pm

:rotflmmfao:

I reckon they seen you comin' chief. Or perhaps not. :unsure2:  Anyhoos, twas a grand jesture you made there. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#8 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:46 pm

When I was racing I'd a sphincter loosening reaction to Castrol R oil. Even the smell in my garage when working on the bike during the week would command the reaction so occasionally I'd to turd into a plastic bag - handles are handy when aiming. I'd then to transport said turd to a nearby litter bin - I'd always amazed how much a turd weighs.

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#9 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:05 pm

rotflmao at Eccles and PK.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#10 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,746 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:48 pm

I genuinely have a practical question about this story, but don't want to appear fa(e)cetious.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#11 palexxxx

palexxxx

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 53 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:45 am

I don't believe that this antidote actually happened.  Everyone knows that there's not enough BTU's in the English sun to do any serious damage to your ice-creams (whether they be in your pocket or not).  I reckon you rode home and then scoffed the lot.   :rotflmmfao:

Edited by palexxxx, 14 April 2014 - 12:46 am.

#12 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:58 am

When I was racing I'd a sphincter loosening reaction to Castrol R oil. Even the smell in my garage when working on the bike during the week would command the reaction so occasionally I'd to turd into a plastic bag - handles are handy when aiming. I'd then to transport said turd to a nearby litter bin - I'd always amazed how much a turd weighs.

Too much info Alan old bean! :punishment:

Beware the whitevanman!

#13 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:01 am

I don't believe that this antidote actually happened.  Everyone knows that there's not enough BTU's in the English sun to do any serious damage to your ice-creams (whether they be in your pocket or not).  I reckon you rode home and then scoffed the lot.   :rotflmmfao:

Mighta been the heat from the turd bag ? :unsure2:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#14 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,090 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:29 pm

well done dappers, them dogs saw there was a free ice cream in it for them.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#15 BSM

BSM

seems to like Carpe

• 47 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:10 pm

Only a janner could have a oice cream in one 'and an a dog turd in tother. Believe me, I know. Kelpie has a Great Dane!

Edited by BSM, 14 April 2014 - 06:11 pm.

There are those who type a lot, and then there are those who ride a lot.

#16 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:30 am

Glad I finally plucked up the courage to open this thread. Lovely tail on so many levels.

I do feel like a whine, though. I'm an ardent canine fan since way back & the situation gave me paws for thought. 

If ever you should ride past said couple & guides again there is a very good chance you will be recognised as Mister Whippy by the Labs. Inevitably the dogs will set off in hot pursuit of the chilly, creamy contents of your pocket with the poor unsighted people at the mercy of traffic & roadside furniture as they sprint behind screaming "back Shep, get back, down Shep", bagged turds swinging merrily from there wrists.

Which brings me to the next thing. If they are blind, how did they find & bag the turds? Did you shake hands? Give them a high five? Dispose of their sticks, too?

Chalk mixed with olive oil is effective in getting rid of worms.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#17 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:14 am

:rotflmmfao:  :rotflmmfao:  :rotflmmfao:  :rotflmmfao:  :rotflmmfao:

You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#18 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,746 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:42 am

How they got it bagged was my question!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#19 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,090 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:55 am

Feel and smell ? maybe the dogs are highly trained and poop in the bag for them  :rotflmmfao:

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#20 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:26 pm

That too was one of me amusements and wonderments!  I am guessin its wan of them things what you learn from experience...and FAST. :lol:

I also remember the Weewan tellin me his Castrol / log-in-a-bag story before. :lol:   Not such a wee tolly then weewan!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users