43 replies to this topic

#41 tony_tony

tony_tony

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:35 pm

90% of the time i wear a leather jacket with separate leather trousers and during very wet irish trips i wear this jacket on top
http://www.infinitym.....nlined Jacket along with the matching trousers, not one droplet has ever got in, always use alpine stars leather goretex gloves both summer ones and winter ones, nothings ever got through the winter ones and it takes a lot of rainy riding for the summer ones to become damp, the package is completed with daytona voyager boots and again on long rainy days riding through europe not a droplet has got in, now that i've got my lidl thermals i reckon i'm ready for another british summer!!
It can't rain all the time!

#42 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:18 am

I had a pair of Frank Thomas trousers, they were OK in lite rain but when I used them
in a full rain storm which lasted a few hours, I was sat in a puddle of water.... ranting.gif

Found this out when I was going round Europe last year........ tdown.gif

So I changed them for SPARDA and I've never had any problems.

cheers, Ivan
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#43 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:29 pm

i tink Flank Tomatoes 'waterproof gear' is shoite, the only decent bit of kit i had off them wassa pair of Aqua Boots i perchased in 1991 and they were waterproof but their Aqua Packs were ferever leaking and i exchanged a few of them inna bid to keep the damp out.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#44 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:15 pm

Bought a pair of Aqua Gloves towards the end of last winter and they are now falling apart.. Looks like the stiching is pulling through the material unsure.gif

Just glad I haven't binned it with these on yeahyeahyeah.gif

Won't be buying Frank's gear again ranting.gif

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users