• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Quadsey

Quadsey

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 52 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 20 November 2023 - 02:18 pm

Hi guys, looking for some input from other TDM drivers. I'm based in Dublin and have a 2006 900 TDM, she's got high milage and has been well used as a daily driver (100k per day). Was running fine with only a couple of minor issues (front fork seal and an intermittent starter issue) when I put it away under a tarp last year but it's been sitting there for a year now and I'm unlikely to put it back on the road.

My question is, as an older bike with high milage, is there any value in it for someone to buy it either to fix up and use or as a donor bike for there own 900?

This isn't a fishing post either, If you guys think there's a market for that I'll edit the post with current pics and a price.

link to video showing the starter issue https://photos.app.g...sFrn6U8QndUW3u5

Attached Files

Edited by Quadsey, 20 November 2023 - 02:20 pm.

"Touch not, less ye be touched" -Brodie 1995

#2 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 20 November 2023 - 02:48 pm

Fork seal and starter issue are likely minor problems so there's plenty of value in it, what is the mileage?

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#3 Quadsey

Quadsey

• 52 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 02:53 pm

Fork seal and starter issue are likely minor problems so there's plenty of value in it, what is the mileage?

Last time I took notice it was passing 123456, so an estimated guess would be 130k. Used daily by myself on a 100k roundtrip to work and as a marshal bike for cycle races by previous owner, so she's seen plenty of miles.

#4 Quadsey

Quadsey

• 52 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 05:42 pm

So I tried to charge the battery but it's completely dead. As such I can't get an up to date milage reading (it's approx 140k, a large portion of which were done by previous owner as a marshal at cycling events).

Dublin based and will need to be collected as can't start/run without battery.

Before I send it off to the scrap yard I thought someone might get a use out of it or want it as a donor bike for their own TDM.

looking for €300 or best offer.

#5 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 26 March 2024 - 09:42 am

As Snowbird says, wouldn't take much to get that running fine - I'd snap it up if I was local to you.

Mine has done 76k miles and still pulls fine, these engines don't mind high mileage so it's not too much of an issue.

Hope you find a buyer, would hate to think of one going to scrap that could be sorted, but appreciate you need to shift  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users