#41 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 July 2021 - 04:25 pm

:good: i do that if possible otherwise top the tank at home and add the additive then run the bike up to temp a couple of times..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#42 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 July 2021 - 05:43 pm

I just put some Redex in and run the engine for a couple of mins. Turn the tap off.  Fire it up once or twice a month and I've never had a problem.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#43 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 12:09 pm

Went to Tesco garage with the car today and noticed all the E5 standard shoite was now E10.  Asked the assistant why they're already selling E10 and she said, it's not really E10, it's E5 with an E10 sticker on it.  Apparently, because they only have one person changing the stickers, he's started doing 'em early so's by Sept all the stickers will be done.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#44 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 04 August 2021 - 12:14 pm

Lolzio
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#45 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 August 2021 - 03:47 pm

Went to Tesco garage with the car today and noticed all the E5 standard shoite was now E10.  Asked the assistant why they're already selling E10 and she said, it's not really E10, it's E5 with an E10 sticker on it.  Apparently, because they only have one person changing the stickers, he's started doing 'em early so's by Sept all the stickers will be done.

:lol:  :lol:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#46 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 04 August 2021 - 04:33 pm

They've done the same in the Tesco near me in Lowestoft too (my sis in law works there).

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#47 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 06:01 pm

In a Shell garage y'day, choice was E5 or E7 ffs!!

Edited by PICARD, 04 August 2021 - 06:02 pm.

Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#48 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 06 August 2021 - 08:23 pm

You can easily separate the ethanol from E10 if you need to. There are several videos on Youtube. This one is one of the best.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#49 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 09:56 am

Good find Ali. :good: 

#50 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 August 2021 - 09:42 am

Partial separation..........is it worth the farting about when you're leaving behind 20% of what you're trying to remove..........does anyone know?

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#51 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 10:53 am

Partial separation..........is it worth the farting about when you're leaving behind 20% of what you're trying to remove..........does anyone know?

Absolutely not. :lol:  Plus, what does one do with the removed ethanol ? So long as we can get E5 all's good.

#52 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 08:12 pm

Interesting E10 reading from a motorbiking point of view. https://www.bennetts...-and-is-it-safe

Have to say, running on the dearer, higher octane fuel, E0 and E05, bike seems to run smoother and economy has improved slightly.  Bike also starts up really quickly, even after being stood for 2 weeks.  That might also be in part to the mk2a carbs.  Will know more when I fill up with regular E05 and use that for a week or two.

#53 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 16 August 2021 - 09:46 pm

Interesting E10 reading from a motorbiking point of view. https://www.bennetts...-and-is-it-safe

Have to say, running on the dearer, higher octane fuel, E0 and E05, bike seems to run smoother and economy has improved slightly.  Bike also starts up really quickly, even after being stood for 2 weeks.  That might also be in part to the mk2a carbs.  Will know more when I fill up with regular E05 and use that for a week or two.

My 1991 3VD TDM can run on E85......

Like a burst arse, ............ but it can run, if you're daft enough to fill up with the bloody stuff.

Suffered it until the tank was half empty then topped up with E5 and ran that right down.  Refilled with E5 and it was back to running as well as ever.

This was a year ago and I've kept a close eye on fuel lines etc. but all ok so far.

#54 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 16 July 2023 - 12:06 pm

Esso supreme (the only remaining zero ethanol fool) will no longer be ethanol free as of September 23. JOY!!

https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#55 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 05:04 pm

:(

#56 Hombre

Hombre

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 11:21 am

Just a thought...

Condensation forms on the inside of tanks and can end up at the tank bottom causing pin-holing.  As ethanol is hygroscopic, perhaps its a good additive to reduce rusting - provided the bike is in use with reasonable fuel throughput. :dunno:

<p>BSA C15T, Ducati 200 Elite, Villiers Cub Trials Bitsa, Ariel Huntmaster, AJS 650 CSR, Sunbeam S7, Suzuki 650 Katana, Honda 400-4, Bultaco 350 Sherpa, Cotton Minarelli, Fantic 303, Yamaha SRX 400, Yamaha 550 Virago, Kawasaki ZZR 1100,  Fantic 305, Yamaha TDM 850 '91, Yamaha TDM 900 '04.  Ducati 200 Elite (again and now completed restoration), Yamaha SRX-600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users