Photo
- - - - -

**sold** 1999 Tdm 850 - £900 - Clearing Some Room In The Garage Now.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:50 am

I know most people say this when it comes to selling a bike, but it is genuinely with a heavy heart that I am putting this bike up for sale. 

I currently have a guaranteed offer from a bike purchasing company of £900, However, Carpe and the people here have been good to me from day 1 (literally) whilst I've had the bike so I'd much rather see it go to someone on here, if anyone is interested. 

I've agreed to retain, from the sale, the Givi Tubular luggage rack, Power Bronze Belly Pan, Bagster tank cover and SW-Motech Center Stand as I'll sell these separately. But, If someone from carpe wants those bits along with the bike, then I'll throw them all in together for the same £900.

Intro Bit

First of all there's plenty of history of the bike on my posts. I've owned it for 10 years now and it's only ever let me down once which was due to wet weather and HT leads arcing to the frame. One of my first posts on here, and since following the advice from here, Has been perfect even in the wettest of weathers since. 

The mileage on the clocks isn't 100% correct, the Tacho and trip was working but the clocks weren't counting odo miles. However after changing the clocks for a higher mileage set, they are working now. It's probably reading a little higher than the actual Mileage. You can see from the last 3 years of MOT mileage, on average I've been doing 600-650 miles a year and this has unfortunately been the same for the last 8 years. Clocks Currently show 47713 Miles

Good Bit

I'll give you some good bits first, The bike has had all the common mods done to it already. 

Gold Spot Calipers up front with braided hoses

Mudguard Extender

Front LED Fog/Running Lights (switched)

Fixed Flip up Touring screen with Stainless Well nuts

Super Ten Handguards

Renntec Engine bars 

Bagster Tank Cover

Handlebar Ram Ball Mount

LeeHenty Oil Pressure gauge

R&G Heated Grips (much better than oxford ones, the set has never let me down)

Powerbronze Belly Pan 

Full Stainless Motad Exhaust system. 2into1into2

SW-Motech Center Stand 

Swingarm was powder coated a couple of years back and refit with new bearings and paddock stand bobbins

Rear Hugger

Hagon Shock (still great but would benefit from a refurb and remote adjuster fitting,I think this was £110 from Hagon when my dad got his done)

Pilion Anti Slip seat cover

Givi Tubular Full Luggage Rack

Touring Scottoiler (although not plumbed in, it is sat behind the number plate, you'd need pipes) 

Rear LED Fog Light

Has a DID X Ring Gold chain fitted, there is a slight tightspot, but I think this would come loose with a good ride. 

A New good quality Battery was fitted earlier this year and the bike is always kept on an optimate/trickle charger

Bad Bit

Clocks - as mentioned above.I have only my word to vouch that I'm not pulling a fast one here. I do think that after fitting the new clocks with higher mileage, They will now be reading very close to the correct total. 

Service - The Bike could basically do with a complete full service, a damn good clean and tarting up. It's showing its age for a bike that was used as a commuter for the first 12 years of its life and then Hardly used for the next 9.

Currently its running, It starts on the button and It has MOT until the 9th December. I Last took it out about 4 weeks ago and gave it a good run with some fresh fuel and redex and it ran flawlessly. I also started it up today, again on the button and ran her for a little.

But, Its about time for a full service, all filters, oils, coolant changing, and it really needs the valves checking, possibly a couple swapping out. They were last done about 7 years ago, all were within tolerance, but a couple were a bit close.

Carbs were refurbished by the wonderful Studley about 9 years ago. Though the bike exhausts does smell to be running rich these days.

Brake pads are all good and the brakes are working well. However the Rear disk has an advisory on the MOT. 

It could do with a pair of new tyres pretty soon as both were advisories too and The Rear tyre has a puncture repair in it. 

Plastics aren't in the greatest condition, the clips on the right hand side of the Nose Cone that secure the right side fairing in place are broken. The right hand fairing is secured with a cable tie.

Left fairing is ok, but is painted

Engine and frame paint is flaking in places as you'd expect after 21 years. 

there are a few bits of rust in the usual places but nothing major. The swingarm was the main one but that was done a while back. 

I've uploaded all the images to the gallery so have a look through. 

4 Main ones posted here. 

IMG 3661
IMG 3662
IMG 3663
IMG 3664

I also have a bunch of spares for the bike listed here, the plan for the past 8 years was to do a full cosmetic rebuild, but I just haven't had the time over other things. I also have a Twin scorpion exhaust that I never got round the putting on, I had Link pipes made up to connect the end cans to the Motad Headers so it just needs some stainless jubilee clips. 

http://www.carpe-tdm...showtopic=37355

If you want to take the bike and all the spares, I'd happily take £1000 for everything collected. 

I have a van so could deliver the parts to you if you aren't too far and wanted to ride the bike away. 

I'm more than happy for you to come and look at the bike and by all means have a sit on it and rev it. But like I said above, I've had the offer of £900 already, so If you are going to come with the sole intention of offering less, then save us both the time.  

I've not listed the bike anywhere else, and won't be doing. 

If no one on here wants it, It'll be going to the bike buyers. 

Thanks guys, any questions please ask away. 

To summarise;

£900 as is

£1000 with a bunch of spares to keep you busy

Clocks show 47713 Miles 

I have the V5 and it's in my name

I'm located in Manchester

Cash on collection Only

Please, let me know if you have any questions. 

Edited by LewisBlackburn, 25 September 2020 - 07:54 pm.

#2 danjohnston89

danjohnston89

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 63 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 21 September 2020 - 04:02 pm

Hi there. Id love to buy the whole bike with spares but dont have the funds at the moment for it all. I am however In need of a new exhaust and Im only in Salford. Would you sell the twin exhaust system you mentioned on its own if its still for sale?
Many thanks
Dan

#3 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 21 September 2020 - 06:37 pm

Sent details to friend down south

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#4 Dirtyrhino

Dirtyrhino

arrived on last train

• 1 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 22 September 2020 - 05:58 pm

"friend down south" here =)

I'm v interested and have the moolah/dosh /spondolicks/wedge - feel free to drop me a PM old chap. I've also sent you my mobile number ;-)

#5 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 22 September 2020 - 07:49 pm

"friend down south" here =)

I'm v interested and have the moolah/dosh /spondolicks/wedge - feel free to drop me a PM old chap. I've also sent you my mobile number ;-)

Oy Oy !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#6 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 04:38 pm

Sorry chaps! Not getting email notifications for posts or PMs for some reason. Replied to everyone individually but it seems like itll be going tomorrow. Will update if it goes.

#7 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 07:52 pm

Its gone  :sorry:  

got a few parts that I'll add to the other post. 

Thanks chaps 

#8 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:03 pm

I dunno if I should be congratulating you or consoling you Lew.  Must be a sad day really eh.

Anyhoo, I hope it's gone to a worthy buyer. :good: Stick around matey.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#9 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:50 pm

Went to a buyer, so It'll probably get broken up for bits.  :sorry:

I guess it's kind of a weight off really gives me room to finish stuff on the house.

That being said, I'd definitely have another one if i ever have the time. 

#10 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 29 September 2020 - 07:34 pm

Owww Lewis. We will be here waiting for your return. I'm 5.5 years in to the house and....it's still gorra long way to go so understand yet raisining.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users