#1 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:39 pm

After confused search I ended up going for AA car insurance, called them up and after 10 mins of elevator music got through to buy my insurance.  5 mins later and they couldn't retrieve my quote and suggested I complete online.  Go to complete online and whilst at it decided to go for £35 personal breakdown offer.  Filled in details of that also, and insurance payment goes through no probs but breakdown couldn't complete.  <_<  tells me to contact them by phone.  Soooo, contacted by phone and anudder 10 mins getting through.  Sorry but can't get yer breakdown quote up on screen as having techy problems.  Soooooo, 2 weeks later, last Friday, phoned 'em again and told to phone back Satdi morning as techy problem will be sorted.  Nope, still no go.  Last try today and finally managed to get breakdown cover.  What a farce !  Still, saved a fair bit overall. :)

Now have breakdown for car and bike or whatever vehicle I'm in/on.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#2 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,512 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:01 pm

Ye have to work hard for yer cover these days. I used to be an associate member on my wife's AA breakdown - for 56 years!. She no longer drives so I had to take cover myself. They gave me a new member discount but kept the policy much as original. Well pleased for once. Makes up for their misdemeanour on my bike insurance. I will see what cost they try on me next year.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:06 pm

Well done Percy.... Percy Verence.

AA are a pain. I have breakdown with them but every year it's the same jibber jabber.

I had similar probs as you when I got ins quote from them....I gave up in the end as it was just taking too long to get anywhere.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:22 pm

autoaid £59 year for you and your partner not vehicle so you are covered for car and bike doesn't even have to be yours 

no european cover that's extra

used twice for cars no problems used the same local recovery that the AA used when i was with them

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:45 am

Yeah, setting aside an hour just to get insurance shouldn't be necessary.  Then having to provide written proof of my NCB is also a farce.

Only really went with the AA insurance as Churchill upped my renewal by 20% and wouldn't entertain a discount.  The AA quote was about the same as I paid last year with churchy.

I'll pay full wack on the breakdown next year, just need to cancel the auto renewal before it's too late though.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:15 am

If anyone has the Nationwide current account that you pay the extra for, the breakdown insurance covers all your vehicles bikes and cars. At £13 it's a bit expensive just for that but it does have other benefits as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users