• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:04 am

Bought this recently. Hasn't been run fir years apparently. It turns over but it didn't foire, me mate bullied me into trying but I have not tinkered with it yet so cannot be disappointed at it not starting as I have done nothing to it yet. It has all 4 frame bungs and thas the reason I bought it! Check out the mouse/bird nest in the tail piece. The tyres are seriously cracked and perished. I'll get her running and have a pootle up and down the farm track.I tink the sticker shud say 'Sick 50'!!
Nest.

Attached Files

Edited by wicklamulla, 30 January 2019 - 01:06 am.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#2 CanadianTDM850

CanadianTDM850

sticking around

• 20 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:09 am

Definatly in need of a good cleaning and some love. How's the electrical? I've seen many vehicles with nests have eaten through wires. Hope that's not the case

#3 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:55 am

Definatly in need of a good cleaning and some love. How's the electrical? I've seen many vehicles with nests have eaten through wires. Hope that's not the case

dunno yet as i've not made the time to have a clean up and inspect the fuse box and wiring loom etc.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:57 am

Wiring looms not so complicated once you've removed the outer sheath anyhoo's wickers..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:11 am

Wiring looms not so complicated once you've removed the outer sheath anyhoo's wickers..

Tanks Mr. Lazerenko. The dip stick was dry with a small visible amount of enjun i'll in the tank so we slurped some in dare just in case. I'll start with inspecting the lectrics and air filter and see if i have a spark. I ain't sure what i'm a gonna do with it yet though.  I reckon i may be owner number 10 or 12 depending on how you interpret the V5.

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:59 am

Get the tank off, drain the carbs, get a supply of fresh petrol and see what happens eh. :)  Fingers crossed for ya.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:18 am

Get the tank off, drain the carbs, get a supply of fresh petrol and see what happens eh. :)  Fingers crossed for ya.

exactly what oil do come fettlin' time.

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:27 pm

..... Or "lick 50"
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#9 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:41 pm

May be worth checking the airbox for mice.............

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#10 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:15 pm

+1 on the above  :good:

Little blighters can make a right ol' mess with their well - mess , their tiddle is a killer of all things ali  

I was soooo tempted with that MK1 wicks, classic case of devil on one shoulder and angel on the other, even the boy said go on Pops I'll give you a hand getting it sorted, ohhh well "you snoooze you looose" I suppose, fingers crossed chap, keep us updated with the re-birth  :badgerrock:

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#11 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:24 pm

+1 on the above  :good:

Little blighters can make a right ol' mess with their well - mess , their tiddle is a killer of all things ali  

I was soooo tempted with that MK1 wicks, classic case of devil on one shoulder and angel on the other, even the boy said go on Pops I'll give you a hand getting it sorted, ohhh well "you snoooze you looose" I suppose, fingers crossed chap, keep us updated with the re-birth  :badgerrock:

well it's a bit worse dan i expected condition wise but the vendor didn't try and say udderwise so no dramas.   

#12 TDrummer

TDrummer

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:30 pm

My curiosity is piqued.

To what are you refering to as frame bungs please tell.

They sound important.

#13 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:11 pm

What the hell is that last picture?!

#14 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,668 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:02 am

Mouse nest ?

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#15 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:20 am

i reckon it's a birds nest but i've not had a proper look yet as bin busy with work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users