Nolan N103

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Catteeclan_*

Guest_Catteeclan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:53 am

Any one got one of these?

Have hit the floor twice in my caberg gt so I've been looking at replacing it. I'd buy another caberg but the build is poor and the front it resting on my chin.
Nolan fits nice in the shop but how much noise and is it worth the extra money?

Edited by Catteeclan, 23 March 2009 - 08:53 am.

#2 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:41 pm

QUOTE(Catteeclan @ Mon 23rd Mar 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any one got one of these?

Have hit the floor twice in my caberg gt so I've been looking at replacing it. I'd buy another caberg but the build is poor and the front it resting on my chin.
Nolan fits nice in the shop but how much noise and is it worth the extra money?

i think big dave has a nolan not sure what model though ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#3 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:55 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Mon 23rd Mar 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think big dave has a nolan not sure what model though ?

correct sir

I have a N102 which for a flip front I find fairly quiet, but saying that I always use ear plugs.
The build quality is good but replacement visors are hellishly expensive.
The 102 has an external flip up smoked sunscreen which is a crap design, I think the 103 has the sunshade under the visor = much much better.
When I bought mine a got a fit that felt slightly too tight, this has now settled in to a comfortable snug fitting helmet. Would I buy another 102?, probably not, but I am tempted by the 103.

BD

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#4 Guest_RSROCKET_*

Guest_RSROCKET_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:42 pm

Hit the deck Twice!!! Wasssuup. rolleyes.gif Try Airoh helmets had a couple and cant fault em

#5 Guest_Catteeclan_*

Guest_Catteeclan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:33 pm

QUOTE(big dave @ Mon 23rd Mar 2009, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
correct sir

I have a N102 which for a flip front I find fairly quiet, but saying that I always use ear plugs.
The build quality is good but replacement visors are hellishly expensive.
The 102 has an external flip up smoked sunscreen which is a crap design, I think the 103 has the sunshade under the visor = much much better.
When I bought mine a got a fit that felt slightly too tight, this has now settled in to a comfortable snug fitting helmet. Would I buy another 102?, probably not, but I am tempted by the 103.

BD

Thanks for that. Tried one on and it feels good although a bit heavier than the old Caberg but feels far better quality.
And yes the sun visor's now internal.

#6 Guest_Catteeclan_*

Guest_Catteeclan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:40 pm

QUOTE(RSROCKET @ Tue 24th Mar 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hit the deck Twice!!! Wasssuup. rolleyes.gif

Once off road so nothing bad. The other one though,,,

Just over took a car, flicked the bike out too far to the left into the dirt to get a better view round the next right hand corner. Lucky I was on the Dominator so hardly any damage to the bike.

#7 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:55 pm

I bought the N103 at the backend of last year to replace the crap N102 (and I mean crap!). SO far so good and the internal sun visor is great. Noise isn't an issue but I wear earplugs every ride. Nice and comfy and a good fit. Colour choice is limited so I bought black.
Beware the whitevanman!

#8 Guest_Catteeclan_*

Guest_Catteeclan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:12 am

QUOTE(Nanook @ Mon 30th Mar 2009, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought the N103 at the backend of last year to replace the crap N102 (and I mean crap!). SO far so good and the internal sun visor is great. Noise isn't an issue but I wear earplugs every ride. Nice and comfy and a good fit. Colour choice is limited so I bought black.

Thanks for that. Just ordered. good.gif

#9 Baron

Baron

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Location:Drum Castle (well, next door), Kincardineshire.....well, I am a Baron!
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:20 pm

I've had one for a while now and I am very pleased indeed. Replaced my Schuberth S1 which kept fogging up in damp/cold or wet weather.
I also have the N-com bluetooth intercom gubbins too which works very well indeed with both my iphone and autocom separatly or together.

Edited by Baron, 03 April 2009 - 07:22 pm.

Gone but not forgotten: 2007 TDM900ABS Competition White, datatagged, fenda extenda, tomtom rider 1, Yamaha main stand, Yamaha heated grips, HID headlights, Yamaha top box & city side cases, MRA Vario screen, CLS200 automatic chain oiler, Yamaha belly pan, DL650 handguards, Gi-Pro X gear indicator, SW-Motech Mirror Extensions, LED side light, Stebel Nautilus AIR HORN!!!!!

(1974....KTM Comet Cross, RD250B, XS750, Wife & kids, DT175, Suzuki GT500, XT500, XT500 (modified), ZX-10 (the 1st one!), Yamaha TT600R, Suzuki GT750B, GT750K, '04 TDM900, GSX1100F, '07 TDM900A, '06 FJR1300A

#10 Guest_Catteeclan_*

Guest_Catteeclan_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:17 am

Got it yesterday, wasn't the colour a wanted but I'm still keeping it.
Haven't had a good ride with it yet as I've got an infection in my left big toe and can't change gear. ranting.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users