24 replies to this topic

#21 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:19 am

Thanks for all the advice so far everyone, will let you know how it goes....

Cheers

Nick
Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.

#22 Chris B

Chris B

just half a litre to go

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:56 am

I just saw a despatch rider in London with a 900er. Stopped for a quick chat, it has 308,000 miles on it. He said it has been fine other than the coils.

02 TDM 900, Silver. 85k miles 

Givi Box + panniers, Baglux Cover, Baglux Bag, R&Gs, Remus Cans, PC3, Air Box Mod, DL handguards, Hel Hoses, Heated Grips, LED Lights on handguards, Scottoiler, Scorpion Rad guard, Top Sellerie Seat, Gear Indicator, Stebel Nautilus, Wilbers Rear Shock, MCT reworked forks.

#23 danresh

danresh

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:32 am

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mon 21st May 2012, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just saw a despatch rider in London with a 900er. Stopped for a quick chat, it has 308,000 miles on it. He said it has been fine other than the coils.

Seems almost unbelievable - that's 1/2 a million kms!!!! with the same original engine???

Danresh
Danresh - the HolyLand TDM knight

TDM900 (2009) - Lowered suspension, Lowered side-stand with wider tip, O2 sensor removed, Givi top and side-cases, H-7+90% headlights, Additional blinking backlights, Stehbel horn, Secdem screen, BMW1150 Bar-risers, Remote controled cellular alarm sys, Throttle lock cruise control, CrumpBuster, GIpro-x type Gear Indicator, Mirrors raised up and out. Rear sprocket-46 teeth. Speedo Healer. K&N AirFilter. Barkbusters Storm Hand-Guards. Dobeck Performance TFI-1025 injection control. Skene Design P3 back LED lights. G-2 Throttle Tamer. BikeVis Bullet LED DRLs on handguards. LED fairing light. 2 Cree U5 LED fog-lights mounted on engine guard. MRA Xcreen on windshield. PR3 tyres.

#24 Chris B

Chris B

just half a litre to go

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:38 pm

QUOTE(danresh @ Mon 21st May 2012, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems almost unbelievable - that's 1/2 a million kms!!!! with the same original engine???

Danresh

I didn't ask, but I said what has gone wrong and the only complaint was the coils!.

02 TDM 900, Silver. 85k miles 

Givi Box + panniers, Baglux Cover, Baglux Bag, R&Gs, Remus Cans, PC3, Air Box Mod, DL handguards, Hel Hoses, Heated Grips, LED Lights on handguards, Scottoiler, Scorpion Rad guard, Top Sellerie Seat, Gear Indicator, Stebel Nautilus, Wilbers Rear Shock, MCT reworked forks.

#25 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:31 pm

Holy Thread Revival biggrin.gif

Finally found time to get the swinging arm off the bike to get it fixed. Took about 2 hours and was nowehere near as horrendous as I thought it was going to be.

and in other news, the BMW I bought isn't quite the dogs danglies. Love the chassis and engine, but it has similar low revs fuelling issues, although alleviated by the smooth drivetrain, and the gearing is too low for my taste. And it's warped it's front disks in the time I've had it (or I didn't notice on the test ride).
I have found a new job, this side of London this time, so current plan is to repair the TDM and go back to using it to commute on, while I make up my mind about what to do with the Beemer....

The swinging arm is hopefully going to Motoliner for repair, will let y'all know how it goes.

Cheers

Nick

ps this form is soooo much friendlier than the Be Em one...
Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users