#41 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:48 pm

The early cradles were pants, that's why I do away with the pins and solder a lead in.

P5120013.jpg

So if anyone has a not working unit please get in touch.

Edited by Catteeclan, 21 July 2014 - 08:49 pm.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#42 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:39 pm

I might the you up on that one

I've got a V1 & cradle I never use because it stopped charging - It would be ideal for Boy to use on his bike if we could get it working properly again  :good:

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#43 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:45 pm

You could screw to springs to nav base and two screws to line up on the nav the springs would press on the screw heads and some tabs on the inside to form the connection (not sure why the v1 has two 5v pins, then as expected 1 0v GND and a n/c to make the 4 pins), I have seen that image of your nav online while checking out issues with sat navs in the past. Think other options are drill/remove the door and use a cigarette lighter lead as the v1 needs 5v, shame no simple access for power outside the device and the DC-DC converter built in for simple 12v direct power rather than build the 12v-5v DC converter into the base.

Edited by arthurbikemad, 21 July 2014 - 10:00 pm.

2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#44 Bikemike

Bikemike

sticking around

• 39 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:00 pm

One thing worth bearing in mind - TomTom sell their speeding data to the government so the police know where to set up mobile speed traps.

http://www.theregist...omer_data_flap/

Not sure if this would worry you, but it would certainly stop me buying a TomTom.

Edit- added linky

Edited by Bikemike, 22 July 2014 - 02:05 pm.

Need breakdown cover? P.m. me.

#45 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:08 pm

Oh did not know that, but now you say, anything for a buck!

Got the Zumo today, so far so good, just got a 3hr update to download now, thats 3mb BB for you!!!

Still here it is :)

BtKjBRrCAAEMLpi.jpg

2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#46 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:11 pm

My V5 turned up today, initial impressions are good - screen is bigger than the V1 and the software is a big improvement. I'll do a bit of a write up when I've used it a bit.

Anyone got a spare cradle for the V1 they don't want?

I've just put my old V1 on eBay . The cradle is cracked though, you should be able to find an uncracked one (that doesn't charge) on here or eBay if you're patient. I know a few Carpedians that had the V1 and had charging issues with it.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#47 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:17 pm

Just bought for £275 from Amazon, at that price just thought sod it :badgerrock:

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users