6 replies to this topic

#1 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:29 pm

Indicators on my beloved stopped working. I've been looking for the fault all afternoon but no broken cables or loose connectors. I though maybe the relay. Its connected in line on the feed to the blinkers, so I thought that if I unplug it and bridge the connector the lights should be on constantly. But no, no light. Was I thinking wrongly? How can I test the relay? Its been in there since 86 so cannot complain, really.
Any idea to the above?

Rob

#2 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:46 pm

Indicators on my beloved stopped working. I've been looking for the fault all afternoon but no broken cables or loose connectors. I though maybe the relay. Its connected in line on the feed to the blinkers, so I thought that if I unplug it and bridge the connector the lights should be on constantly. But no, no light. Was I thinking wrongly? How can I test the relay? Its been in there since 86 so cannot complain, really.
Any idea to the above?

Rob

If it's a 2 pin FL unit Mupp then a bridge should bring front and rear on when you select left or right at the switch. I have no diagram but if it is 2 pin it's just 12v in and out then up to the switch and then left or right on. Try a cable from battery + to each pin of the FL unit plug in turn and select left / right. If they light up, no 12v in to the FL unit.

Found a xt660 diagram ...brown should be 12v in and brown/white goes to left/right switch...hth

Edited by Apache, 06 July 2018 - 09:58 pm.

#3 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:38 am

Yeah, two pin. Bridge did nothing. Diagram shows positive to switches first then unit then back to negative. Should not make a difference though. Will try the above really. fl unit.
Thanks for now.

Rob

#4 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:54 am

Yeah, two pin. Bridge did nothing. Diagram shows positive to switches first then unit then back to negative. Should not make a difference though. Will try the above really. fl unit.
Thanks for now.

Rob

You're misreading the diagram Mupp. 12v to the FL unit, out to the switch and then on to left or right lamps as selected..then to negative via bulb filaments..

#5 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:52 am

Mupp can we see a pic or tree or 4 of yer Tenere please and tanks.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#6 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:14 pm

Here is the one I was 'wrongly' looking at.

http://s1278.photobu...html?sort=3&o=0

Mine has not got a sidestand switch

Rob

Edited by Muppdog, 07 July 2018 - 01:19 pm.

#7 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:19 pm

I have now stripped the fairings, tank, side panels light off the bike. Looks like I end up removing the wiring loom and dig inside it. Hate those old looms. All spliced and wrapped in insulation tape in the joints.

Does anybody make wiring looms? Kedo does not do this one.

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users