#81 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:30 pm

Hey BB good to see ya posting again....even if the TDm is goin.

Thought of you today as I got a great SPAM message from the "Paramatta Trust"

"Attn,

You have been approved 1,400,000 British pounds after emerging a Lucky Winner in our 2010 New year Promotional.Your Lucky Numbers are: 03-11-220-21-39-41-{15} Kindly forward lucky number for more details. info@chanlegalfirm.com

Thank You "

Luckily we know how to spell PARRAMATTA so the game was up. smile.gif

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#82 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:28 am

Hi all, regards the proposed TDUT (Thunder Down Under Tour). We have looked at a number of rides (earlier posts) that could be taken using the Omeo Region as a base. Specifically, being based at Ensay at the Little River Inn. Feedback about these rides has been positive. On a recent ride to Corryong it struck me that the Benambra Hotel is another good location. Would you be interested in maybe splitting the time between Ensay and Benambra. This would also suit the general North / South split between the rides, saving travel time and giving a change of scenery. Benambra is about 20- 25 mins north of Omeo while Ensay is 35-40 mins south. Given that PI riders who are going to include this rally will be arriving on the monday would it be appropriate to think of Ensay for the monday, tuesday wednesday and Benambra for the thursday, friday, saturday? Could I have some indication please before approaching either venue about rates etc.

cheers Graeme

#83 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:49 pm

Graeme, I'll start, I wont be going to PI but this TDUT sounds great, I'll be there.

Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#84 willsTDM

willsTDM

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 64 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:56 am

Another Aussie here.........unable to get time off work in Oct though, but might be able to get a 'long weekend' Any dates set yet?
Cheers William from OZ. '07 TDM9.

#85 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:38 am

QUOTE(willsTDM @ Fri 5th Feb 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another Aussie here.........unable to get time off work in Oct though, but might be able to get a 'long weekend' Any dates set yet?

Thanks Trotski and Wills for the positive. The thing about a "weekender" for those that cant make a weekday break makes the period tuesday 19 (or monday night) to sunday 24 as the rally period sound sensible doesnt it? Maybe the Saturday as the "big" photo op of the rally group? Does it need to go longer?
standing by----Graeme

#86 AussieTeeDeeMmm

AussieTeeDeeMmm

• 56 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:27 pm

QUOTE(graeme @ Fri 5th Feb 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Trotski and Wills for the positive. The thing about a "weekender" for those that cant make a weekday break makes the period tuesday 19 (or monday night) to sunday 24 as the rally period sound sensible doesnt it? Maybe the Saturday as the "big" photo op of the rally group? Does it need to go longer?
standing by----Graeme
That is at the wrong end of Australia, how about the 2011 TDUT being a ride to the Tip of Cape York!

#87 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:04 pm

QUOTE(AussieTeeDeeMmm @ Fri 5th Feb 2010, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is at the wrong end of Australia, how about the 2011 TDUT being a ride to the Tip of Cape York!

If you want to have a long ride for everyone, maybe TDUT2011 should be at Uluru. ( I'd be in that one too)
Trotski

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250

#88 willsTDM

willsTDM

• 64 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:14 pm

QUOTE(Trotski @ Sat 6th Feb 2010, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you want to have a long ride for everyone, maybe TDUT2011 should be at Uluru. ( I'd be in that one too)

long rides are great,my Brother and do regular 700km one day runs from Sydney, mostly on Saturdays though! laugh.gif
Cheers William from OZ. '07 TDM9.

#89 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:29 am

tdut info
Hi all, this link will take you to a page giving a bit of info and images of the rides that have been described earlier. Please feel free to make comment or whatever, its really good to get feedback. There are more ride options than we can do most likely and the weather will play a major role. The weather can be absolutely anything and it wont be the same in all the places. For what its worth the last couple of years have had a cold and or wet week leading to PI, it clears over that weekend and is pretty good for the next week or so, early spring weather, which means cold mornings and nights with possible early frosts. Daytime highs at the most in the mid teens, up higher it will be around 10c at most with scenic snow on the peaks (not on road). But usually the sun is shining and it is JUST MAGNIFICENT. Having said all this I have no doubt mozzed it, and who knows what will happen.
cheers Graeme

#90 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:30 am

Great work Graeme. good.gif

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#91 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:13 am

QUOTE(AzzA @ Tue 9th Feb 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great work Graeme. good.gif

I second that.....that has to be the best collection of rides and locations ever conceived in one space/time continuum. Even those Buchan Caves got a look in !

Edited by Snigdog, 09 February 2010 - 10:16 am.

2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#92 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:43 am

QUOTE(Snigdog @ Tue 9th Feb 2010, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I second that.....that has to be the best collection of rides and locations ever conceived in one space/time continuum. Even those Buchan Caves got a look in !

Wow, thanks, am going to bed a happy man. If you would like to we could work to fitting in a tour of the Buchan Caves on the way through?
cheers Graeme

#93 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:31 am

QUOTE(graeme @ Tue 9th Feb 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, thanks, am going to bed a happy man. If you would like to we could work to fitting in a tour of the Buchan Caves on the way through?
cheers Graeme

Graeme, I dont mind either way....I just like saying those 'Buchan' caves cos it rhymes tongue.gif
Regards,
Rick
2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#94 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:18 am

QUOTE(Snigdog @ Wed 10th Feb 2010, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Graeme, I dont mind either way....I just like saying those 'Buchan' caves cos it rhymes tongue.gif
Regards,
Rick

Good one isnt it. You might be interested to know that the boat is no longer at side of road but has moved onto private property opposite its old site. An order from the shire after 18 years finally didi it.
Graeme

#95 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:58 am

QUOTE(graeme @ Wed 10th Feb 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good one isnt it. You might be interested to know that the boat is no longer at side of road but has moved onto private property opposite its old site. An order from the shire after 18 years finally didi it.
Graeme

Graeme,
That took a while! Here is another pic I took of it
Regards,
Rick

2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#96 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:37 am

Just checking in to see how things are going with this. I have asked site admin for our own Forum thread - T.D.U.T (Thunder Down Under Tour ) next to the RTT one.

Could be a good idea to show our interest in having it. tup.gif

Graeme' suggested base camp & ride options are excellent & I reckon' the TDUT could be great thing to do each year. Tying in after the Phillip Is GP would be icing on the cake if we can organise ourselves.

I note the boys around Sydney area have been quiete on this. What's up with that ? wink.gif

October is a fair way off but it'll be here quicker than you can say " TDM 900's Rock !!!" tongue.gif

drinks.gif

cheers, Shane from Tassie

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#97 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:06 pm

QUOTE(TDMtoraneko @ Sat 20th Feb 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have asked site admin for our own Forum thread - T.D.U.T (Thunder Down Under Tour ) next to the RTT one.

We aint forgots honest just workin oout the best way of rearranging.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#98 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:32 am

Hi all, about the accommodation options. In getting round to talk to the two hotel owners that we have discussed earlier it has occured to me that there is an option in Omeo that could fit our needs well. Its called Omeo Alpine Camp and used to be a catholic church camp. The church is alongside for those that have the need!. Its been private for many years now and has been updated some. Spoke with Damian last week and had assumed it would be well used over the PI week but not so, not a single bike stayed there. Anyway, he would be pleased for us to use it for the TDUT. You will see its main features in the website. Its at the northen end of Omeo, right on the edge in fact, and just a short walk to the Hilltop Hotel. It is fully self contained as well and has the options of the house and / or the dorms and also a flat, so couples, bad snorers etc can be catered for. The Hilltop has recently changed owners as well and has improved by all accounts. Damian has offered a rate of 25 per head per night incl linen which seems pretty good?
As well as the website i took some pics today,

alpine camp
Have a look, see what ya reckon.
cheers Graeme

#99 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:14 am

The Dorm sounds good, and so does the cover for the bikes , along with the price
Trotski

#100 aussie9

aussie9

• 62 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:52 am

Graeme, excellent work on getting this up and running. tup.gif
At this stage I can only plan on getting there late on the Friday.
Alpine camp looks like a good thing. Plenty of room and the price is right.

Ian
miles <===> smiles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users