• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:27 pm

Well, this is all very encouraging.  I suppose the sensible thing is to practise actually doing it ?

I'll let you know how I get on....just don't hold your breath !

#22 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:22 am

Cautionary tale from 2 years ago. Decided to ride my 900SS Duke to work, arrived and turned gently into my parking slot, feet up looking masterful. Ran out of steering lock (not difficult on a Ducati) and stalled it simultaneously and down we both went. I leapt to my feet, bent over grabbed the bars and pillion rest and heaved. I thought I actually heard my back muscles tear, I certainly felt them come apart and had to drop the bike again and await help. It took a month before the pain eventually subsided. I learned the hard way and I also learned not to drop your bike in front of a security camera as a copy of the incident provided untold amusement at work for weeks.

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#23 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:22 pm

I also learned not to drop your bike in front of a security camera as a copy of the incident provided untold amusement at work for weeks.

I can add don't put your finger in a still rotating mill with only a few thou clearance, a guy at my place did it and we were straight into the cameras for an action replay, apparently it hurt a lot but now he can buy smaller gloves.....

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users