#1 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:20 am

It'd be great to have a better idea of what Aussie TDMers we have & where with a view to organising a TDUT ( Thunda Down Under Tour ) next year.

Ideas & volunteers ?

Those I met recently on the Toy Run & any others should sign up & get involved instead of Lurking ( the more the merrier ) wink.gif

drinks.gif

cheers, Shane from Tassie

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#2 giza

giza

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 147 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:55 am

QUOTE(TDMtoraneko @ Fri 11th Dec 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It'd be great to have a better idea of what Aussie TDMers we have & where with a view to organising a TDUT ( Thunda Down Under Tour ) next year.

Ideas & volunteers ?

Those I met recently on the Toy Run & any others should sign up & get involved instead of Lurking ( the more the merrier )

drinks.gif

2006 silver niner bayside in Brissie where it aint alf bleedin hot mum banana.gif (currently 30C / 83F indoors) and that twat Abbot reckons theres no such thing as global warming! bloody flat earther!

Hot Giza

#3 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:38 am

But I like lurking... ph34r.gif

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#4 TeddyS

TeddyS

sticking around

• 21 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:06 am

I'm in Melb.......maybe meet somewhere on the border of NSW and Vic..........Albury perhaps?

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:45 am

Sounds interesting....
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 AL-58

AL-58

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:31 am

+1 for NSW/Vic border area, Mt Beauty/Bright poss, definitely interested

Al

tdm850-spike.jpgtdm900-kosciuszko-05.jpg

#7 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:17 am

QUOTE(AL-58 @ Fri 11th Dec 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1 for NSW/Vic border area, Mt Beauty/Bright poss, definitely interested

Al

+2 for border area. Omeo is just over the mountain from Bright. Albury / Omeo /Bairnsdale is really TDM type road and links inland with coast (you did say "tour"). Certainly interested. Needs to be seasonally sensitive if using alpine areas.
Graeme

#8 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:19 am

I'm up for it.........dont expect me to talk fuel injection and all that techo stuff tho, Ive got the old fash atomisers on mine !
Snigdog

2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#9 davi5678

davi5678

sticking around

• 23 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:53 pm

drinks.gif sounds good! ++ to Great Alpine Rd

#10 dbdb

dbdb

arrived on last train

• 9 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:13 pm

Adelaide - so interested, but could be tricky to attend.

Cheers,

Richard

#11 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:45 am

QUOTE(davi5678 @ Sat 12th Dec 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
drinks.gif sounds good! ++ to Great Alpine Rd

We could base at Anglers Rest on Omeo-Mitta Mitta Rd....stay at the Blue Duck (pub) or camp down the road.....just off the Great Alpine Road.....great spot!

http://maps.google.c...e...229095&z=10

Edited by Snigdog, 12 December 2009 - 04:50 am.

2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#12 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:26 am

I like the sound of the High country & the Anglers rest looks a good spot depending on how many it can accomodate & what number we end up with.
I count 9 of use so far. I know there's a few lads in Sydney, maybe a few more through NSW, VIC, SA & QLD.
I think AussieTDMer & some others went on a bit of a trial run awhile back, wonder how it went ?

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#13 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:57 am

QUOTE(TDMtoraneko @ Sat 12th Dec 2009, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there's a few lads in Sydney,

...and a gal. Might be worth sending Big Bird a PM.

The Carpe map might be useful for seeing whos where.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#14 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:39 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sat 12th Dec 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...and a gal. Might be worth sending Big Bird a PM.

The Carpe map might be useful for seeing whos where.

Apart from Kelpie I haven't noticed any posts from sheilas maybe they don't find us blokes as interesting as we think we are ? laugh.gif wink.gif They are welcome to be in any TDUT.

Yeah, I might checkout the map as well.

#15 sherlock

sherlock

arrived on last train

• 8 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:49 am

Another one from South Brisbane/Logan. Black 05

Re: Omeo, came back through there after the MotoGP. Awesome bit of road, though the twat on a Kwaka parked in a caravan may have other thoughts....

#16 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:34 pm

QUOTE(sherlock @ Sat 12th Dec 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another one from South Brisbane/Logan. Black 05Re: Omeo, came back through there after the MotoGP. Awesome bit of road, though the twat on a Kwaka parked in a caravan may have other thoughts....
Spoke with you i think while we were held up at the accident. Heard afterward that the guy (taking a left bend and running a bit wide) hit the 4wd and scraped along its side then hit the corner of the campervan it was towing and tore the rack of the top of it.Cops opinion was that IF he lived would never be right again. We were travelling home from Lakes Entrance in the car and have to say there was a bit of over the top riding being done that day.cheers Graeme
QUOTE(TDMtoraneko @ Sat 12th Dec 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the sound of the High country & the Anglers rest looks a good spot depending on how many it can accomodate & what number we end up with.I count 9 of use so far. I know there's a few lads in Sydney, maybe a few more through NSW, VIC, SA & QLD. I think AussieTDMer & some others went on a bit of a trial run awhile back, wonder how it went ?
Blue Duck is great but bear in mind that you are only about 25 mins from Omeo which has caravan park, motels or hotel and all facilities.cheers Graeme

#17 sherlock

sherlock

arrived on last train

• 8 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:03 pm

Yep Graeme, that was I. We should catch up one day for a coffee.

Don't wish that outcome on anyone but looking at the condition of the tyres on that bike we passed, it belonged on a track, not on the road.

#18 gordong

gordong

arrived on last train

• 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:46 am

Sounds like a great idea, a bit of a ride to get there though (Far North QLD) rolleyes.gif

#19 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:15 am

QUOTE(graeme @ Sat 12th Dec 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blue Duck is great but bear in mind that you are only about 25 mins from Omeo which has caravan park, motels or hotel and all facilities.cheers Graeme

Agree Graeme. Omeo Caravan Park would be great, can always ride to the Duck anyway.

An idea could be to coincide with other cycle event such as Superbikes or MotoGP for which people are coming (or would like to) anyway. Omeo good for Victorians but some big kms to other capitals (Sydney 743, Adelaide 1058, Brisbane 1660 and Hobart 655 not inc boat trip)

Rick

2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#20 TimH

TimH

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 182 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:35 am

Silver 2002 TDM in Mildura (far NW VIC) - I've just got back from 6 days in the mountains, ride report here. I'd be interested in a TDM group ride sometime, although I struggle to get away from work at times. Omeo would be good, I preferred Tallangatta but I don't think the pub has many beds....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users