#1 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:41 am

good.gif

After hopefully solving recent fueling issues, it was pleasure to escape the big smoke on a sweet running TDM. yahoo.gif

Only to find they're out there folks, "trunk" groucho.gif loads of them ............... an army of terrorists amassing in numbers ............. beware!

My previous close encounter of the wild kind with these "lovely" creatures ranting.gif

There appeared to be a couple of "splinter" groucho.gif groups

but I could have been "barking" up the wrong tree without "tracking" them groucho.gif

I couldn't "leaf" the area without something "needling" groucho.gif me about their presence in the bushes waiting for a kill

Escape over the hill was my only thought

and as someone has pinched the sun, a gratis shot for Dappers rotflmmfao.gif

I got wet riding home but, life's good again wub.gif

Cheers
drinks.gif

Edited by masterbrewer, 08 January 2012 - 03:33 am.

#2 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:38 am

lovely, wish we had roads like that

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:41 am

Glad you made it out of the Roo forest "oak"ay. With a mixture of dirt and tarmac, that looks loike a great "root".

Feel better for the last shot thanks MB. badgrock.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 camdoon34

camdoon34

really likes Carpe

• 84 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:08 am

Thats chust Scotland, except we`ve coos instead o roos laugh.gif

2002 900 Silver, R1 front wheel, Pilot Road 3s, AIR HORN! front braids teed from reservoir(yellow)

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:18 am

laugh.gif
Scotland certainly didn't look loike that when MB paid a visit tongue.gif

Glad to hear the beech of a fuelling problem wiv ya treeVD is now oakydokee smile.gif

Steer clear of them conkeroos !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:23 am

QUOTE(camdoon34 @ Sun 8th Jan 2012, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats chust Scotland, except we`ve coos instead o roos laugh.gif

And rain instead of sunshine rolleyes.gif

Reminds me of this old classic

Mutant Marsupials Take Up Arms Against Australian Air Force

The reuse of some object-oriented code has caused tactical headaches for Australia's armed forces. As virtual reality simulators assume larger roles in helicopter combat training , programmers have gone to great lengths to increase the realism of the their scenarios, including detailed landscapes and — in the case of the Northern Territory's Operation Phoenix — herds of kangaroos (since groups of disturbed animals might well give away a helicopters position).

The head of the Defense Science and Technology Organization's Land Operations/Simulations division reportedly instructed developers to model the local marsupials' movements and reaction to helicopters.

Being efficient programmers, they just re-appropriated some code originally used to model infantry detachments reactions under the same stimuli, changed the mapped icon from a soldier to a kangaroo, and increased the figures' speed of movement.

Eager to demonstrate their flying skills for some visiting American pilots, the hotshot Aussies "buzzed" the virtual kangaroos in low flight during a simulation. The kangaroos scattered, as predicted, and the Americans nodded appreciatively . . . and then did a double-take as the kangaroos reappeared from behind a hill and launched a barrage of stinger missiles at the hapless helicopter. (Apparently the programmers had forgotten the remove "that" part of the infantry coding).

The lesson? Objects are defined with certain attributes, and any new object defined in terms of the old one inherits all the attributes. The embarrassed programmers had learned to be careful when reusing object-oriented code, and the Yanks left with the utmost respect for the Australian wildlife.

Simulator supervisors report that pilots from that point onwards have strictly avoided kangaroos, just as they were meant to.

Sadly it's not true though

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:04 pm

MB one day,, god knows when, i'm a comin to Adelaide to visit Sis,,, gonna have to go for a ride,,, looks fantastic.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 jim850wav

jim850wav

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:44 pm

I,ll be there ... good.gif

Someday wub.gif

Slightly beat up Mk1 but still going

#9 LDRider

LDRider

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:53 pm

That sure is some fine looking country to ride in. If it's any consolation I rode by 3 deer and a flock (?) of wild turkeys on the Mines Rd trip last weekend. I recon I'd rather hit a turkey than a roo though.

2010 BMW R1200GSA 30th Anniv
2006 BMW K1200S set up for touring
1992 TDM850 set up for touring

#10 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:02 pm

Roos with stingers?

A hell of a lot more terrifying than "cows with guns"

#11 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:31 pm

good.gif

Top effort fellas rotflmmfao.gif ... rotflmmfao.gif ... rotflmmfao.gif

QUOTE(/dablik)
MB one day,, god knows when, i'm a comin to Adelaide to visit Sis,,, gonna have to go for a ride,,, looks fantastic.

Anytime dablik, but you betta "hop" to it soon groucho.gif it's always good to keep in contact with branches of the "family tree" groucho.gif tongue.gif

Cheers
drinks.gif

Edited by masterbrewer, 08 January 2012 - 08:45 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users