4 replies to this topic

#1 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:03 pm

Fastline Motorcycle Parts LTD not to be confused with Fastline in Preston.

Super helpful guy. Took my poorly calliper in. He had nothing in stock, tried to fix it, but to no avail, looked to see if he could find an alternative part to help me get one from another bike. I was in for about 20 minutes. That is what I call a helpful guy. He'll be my first port of call in future for anything. 

#2 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:29 am

good to get positive feedback 

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#3 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:38 am

And did he find an alternative?

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#4 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:46 am

There is no documented alternative part. In fact the part I was after isn't numbered separately in the Yamaha parts list, it only shows the full assembly. You can get refiurb. parts for the cylinder but can't get the cylinder itself - breakers only part. With mine it was a seized bleed nipple. It was seized right down to where it contacts the brake cylinder. Given I'm not a tool machinist it was a scrap part. 

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:53 pm

Good man to help out like that, swarf did the same for me :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users