• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DevilsBride

DevilsBride

sticking around

• 36 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:40 am

My husband and his friends has been at the Toskana in September and here is a nice video about the trip  :yu: hope you enjoy it !

#2 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:03 am

Nice no, very nice.  I enjoyed the movie a lot.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,744 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:30 pm

Great video, will watch that again  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:50 pm

........hate to be a dissenter.........but I really didn't enjoy that vid........

the shooter (the devil?) didn't seem to me in harmony with what I'd regard as the sensible - pleasurable even - way to ride in a group.....
It felt as if he wanted to be / considered himself faster than everyone else, always seeming to want to overtake, pressure the rider in front, always agitating to hustle. Numerous sequences where, riding unfeasibly close (& too close for me), he clearly wasn't going to be able to pass, but whereas the guy in front was moving swiftly and relatively smoothly, the shooter seemed to be twitching and leaning this way and that......feeling v.unstable. It seemed ill judged & too frenzied to be fun.....maybe his pals are used to that sort of behaviour, - but we didn't see any footage of anyone else at-it in anything like that way............
No offence intended, maybe I'm just old & slow, but glad I wasn't in on that one.....

.........Jiff.

#5 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:11 pm

:clapping:

:good:

#6 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:18 am

........hate to be a dissenter.........but I really didn't enjoy that vid........

the shooter (the devil?) didn't seem to me in harmony with what I'd regard as the sensible - pleasurable even - way to ride in a group.....
It felt as if he wanted to be / considered himself faster than everyone else, always seeming to want to overtake, pressure the rider in front, always agitating to hustle. Numerous sequences where, riding unfeasibly close (& too close for me), he clearly wasn't going to be able to pass, but whereas the guy in front was moving swiftly and relatively smoothly, the shooter seemed to be twitching and leaning this way and that......feeling v.unstable. It seemed ill judged & too frenzied to be fun.....maybe his pals are used to that sort of behaviour, - but we didn't see any footage of anyone else at-it in anything like that way............
No offence intended, maybe I'm just old & slow, but glad I wasn't in on that one.....

.........Jiff.

Don't think the rider was Twin devil, he rides a TDM. Don't think that bike was a 900.

See what you mean though.

Edited by TDMick, 14 December 2013 - 12:18 am.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#7 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:56 am

Don't think the rider was Twin devil, he rides a TDM. Don't think that bike was a 900.
See what you mean though.

........I presumed that, given that the thread was posted by 'DevilsBride'......re : her husbands trip, that it was himself who maybe was the shooter........maybe not so......
.......similarly my (maybe imprecise) impression of the bikes on the trip, was that they were all TDMs, other than the orange vStrom
.......and just to top-off any misunderstanding.......not sure who 'Twin devil' is, and whether I might have been thought to be referring to him
......sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion........but other sentiments still hold

Jiff.

#8 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:03 am

Twin devil rides a Black 900. He's the leftmost bike in the lineup at 0.30 secs.

The camera bike has a very small screen and hand-guards that only attach at the inner end. KTM?

I think the rider might be a bit preoccupied with the filming, that might have compromised his riding style?

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#9 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:19 am

Twin devil rides a Black 900. He's the leftmost bike in the lineup at 0.30 secs.
The camera bike has a very small screen and hand-guards that only attach at the inner end. KTM?

I think the rider might be a bit preoccupied with the filming, that might have compromised his riding style?

..........Hmmmm!.........well given that most of the footage appears to be shot by a helmet-cam, the idea that his head movements are predicated on what he wants to capture I feel it rather enhances my point.... what!......he's not even concentrating on riding!.....well, I exaggerate just a bit!
Anyway-up, nuff said.......just made me feel v.uncomfortable, & in this case I'm prepared (though embarrassed) to come over
all po- faced!

........Jiff

#10 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:09 pm

The majority of the vid was I think, shot by the SV rider with about a minutes worth of footage from a TDM and a Beemer, the main rider in my opinion is reminiscent of a Scud missile that will suddenly deviate from its course, whether this was caused by impatience or a desire to get close up footage is debatable, various overtakes were unplanned and with little concern of the person being passed, not a rider I would be happy to ride with on this showing.

Saying that the views etc were superb and does do justice to the scenery, summer is a long way off at the moment. :(

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#11 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:40 pm

Oh I nearly forgot about the roads. They are stunning.

#12 DevilsBride

DevilsBride

sticking around

• 36 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:17 pm

I need time to find the right words  :isurrender:

It`s not forbidden to have a different opinion  :)

Mick is right...it`s not always the Devil...most of the time it`s DirtyLobo on his Suzuki V-Strom 1000...I don`t like it when he turns his head to the side, but he wants to show the rider in front of him ...these movements make me seasick  :puke:

They had three different cams on different bikes.

I am of the same opinion about the distances between the riders, but they know each other very well and normally they ride like a water ballet totally synchronous.

This year they had two new riders and that`s why it looks not harmonious. :blink:

Now I hope my english is not crazy and every question has been answered  :groucho:

Greetings from Vienna

DevilsBride   :angel:

#13 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:17 pm

Nice scenery, but I wouldn't want to be riding with that group of riders - the bloke filming is a liability - and some of the others aren't much better

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#14 DevilsBride

DevilsBride

sticking around

• 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:36 pm

Nice no, very nice.  I enjoyed the movie a lot.

My husband and his friends has been at the Toskana in September and here is a nice video about the trip  :yu: hope you enjoy it !

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5X2guczR3l0

Sorry correction: Not Toskana - they have been in South Tyrol driving across the Dolomites  :rotflmmfao:  I`m so silly  :istupid:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users