93 replies to this topic

#21 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:54 pm

Oh dear, that's very sad......... Hang on, maybe he's in my team too......

Without even a race yet, one of my team has crumpled his hand already. He has an appointment with a man wielding a knife, screws and plates. Great start.

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#22 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:37 am

Without even a race yet, one of my team has crumpled his hand already. He has an appointment with a man wielding a knife, screws and plates. Great start.

Pity, he would have been interesting to watch, although he might make it to Qatar. You've still got time to transfer him if you want.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#23 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:27 pm

Seven hours until the deadline people, that's when the first session of WSB starts at Philips Island. Get those last minute entries in now.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#24 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:11 pm

Here we go again, Quartermaster leading the league after the first round  :rolleyes:

Follow me on twitter

#25 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:18 pm

I just knew he'd do that. My team's been sacked.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#26 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

• 927 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:48 am

Here we go again, Quartermaster leading the league after the first round  :rolleyes:

Just a bit of luck. Pity Chaz didn't stay on his bike.

I'm only 4th on our local bike club's league but they take it all too seriously.

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#27 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:25 pm

Can someone explain to me how QM had 3 riders scoring points this weekend when only 2 riders are permitted from each championship?

There some moonlighting going on that I haven't come to appreciate?

This would put Cookys stars ahead by wan point, 80 / 79 otherwise. 

utrh9gjhyg_zpsvukwhtag.jpg

Checks rules-

Budget:

In order to have a complete team you must select 6 riders from a budget of £13.5m comprising of the following: 

2 x MotoGP Riders
2 x World Suberbikes Riders
2 x British Superbikes Riders

SO  :dunno:

Their rider database appears to be FUBARed where the majority of the leading teams are concerned.

This would put Cookys stars in the lead.

Edited by TYREDNGRUMPEE, 01 March 2016 - 07:50 pm.

#28 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

• 927 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:31 pm

Savadori shown in MotoGP but transferred to WSB at the last moment. He'd no chance in MotoGP but might sneak a few points in WSB. I only picked him for MotoGP because he was cheap and I wanted Marquez but also strong WSB and BSB teams. Bless him, he did me proud! I foresee problems ahead though.

#29 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:38 pm

Nah. Confused now. Thanks for the explanation though.

One, Two, Two, Four, Five, Six. Still don't understand.

I can appreciate that the guy makes a last minute switch, but then a number of players are then able to field 3 riders, purely by chance?

Where's my dummy?

Just realized that I need to be switching my Captainship twixt racing weekends and placing more focus on the SB series vs GP.

meh

Edited by TYREDNGRUMPEE, 01 March 2016 - 08:49 pm.

#30 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:18 pm

Ok.

Now I've gone full retard and issued a protest.  :lol:  :istupid:  :wifgeni:  :istupid: <- a protest

I have just asked whether Savadori's points should be allowed.

My thinking is that, unless WSBK and GP were running simultaneously that weekend, it shouldn't be possible to field him + 2 other riders.

That and the munnee doesn't add up.

#31 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:50 pm

I thought I saw some rule about riders who shifted being ignored.

PS Just looked it up and riders can only score in their "stated category (ie BSB riders cannot score in WSB)".

Or have I completely lost the point of the above?

Edited by Robodene, 01 March 2016 - 09:57 pm.

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#32 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:18 am

Or have I completely lost the point of the above?

Well.

Every player is encouraged to choose 2 riders from each category. (It's the rules)

Somehow then, if you're jammy enough to choose a "Savadori", looks like you are now able to run 3 riders at a WSBK meeting. ( judging by the score sheets)

Then presumably, pre one race weekend, (let us just say after Chang Int. and before Qatar), a crafty bugger could transfer out their "lucky Savadori", then running two GP riders as normal.

Strikes me as unfair advantage, over 3 race meetings, albeit of no real importance, to a chosen few.

The above argument suggests logically, that last weekends Savadori points should be disallowed, if the player in question only has one other valid GP rider selection.

This would put Cookys Stars top.

Edited by TYREDNGRUMPEE, 02 March 2016 - 10:32 am.

#33 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:57 am

There is a bug in their system, obviously. I must fess up to contacting them to get it sorted. Then this morning I took another look our league. I am now bottom with zero points! I don't mind being bottom but I wants me few points. Another bug would seem to lose accumulated points when you transfer riders out. So, another message has trickled their way. Not a great effort, it seems to me.

#34 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:25 am

I am now bottom with zero points! I don't mind being bottom but I wants me few points.

Not a great effort, it seems to me.

:lol:  :wifgeni:

I am now considering giving this a miss, because it is severely bolloxed now.

They might not be able to undo this, given Savadori's transfer price relative to all the other rider options (v.low) and that there are teams (now way out in the lead), that would have to be reconfigured without taking any advantage, along with the competitors active and timely input. (unlikely)

Twats.

I contacted them too.

Will be interesting to see what the "fair" solution is.

To my mind, the only solution would be

1. week one points void

2. get yer asses into gear and make fair team selection by end week two else not valid

3. competition begins on week three

never going to happen IMO.

Edited by TYREDNGRUMPEE, 03 March 2016 - 11:30 am.

#35 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:28 pm

I would think that it should be possible to -'fix' Savadori and everyone else in their race categories and thus prevent points going astray - even in arrear. Then re-run the first week; but also ensure retention of transferred riders points too. We will see.

#36 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:02 pm

It's not the winning, it's the taking part. :D

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#37 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

• 927 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:26 pm

Dear Richard,

Thanks for playing MCN Fantasy Road Race game.

Due to a re-classification of rider category you now have an ineligible team line up and will need to make the required change prior to 12:00 on Thursday 10th March 2016. If you haven't changed your team by the time stated they will automatically be removed from your team. You currently have L. Savadori in your team along with 2 other WSB riders. As stated in the game rules you are only allowed:

2 x MotoGP Riders
2 x World Suberbikes Riders
2 x British Superbikes Riders

You will need to change L. Savadori prior to 12:00 on Thursday 10th March 2016. If you haven't changed your team by the time stated they will automatically be removed from your team, and then you will need to choose a replacement.

#38 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:56 pm

Sounds like a few teething problems. First time I've known it to happen. It'll all come out in the wash  :good:

Follow me on twitter

#39 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:00 pm

There will be a few 'Dear Richard' letters. There's certainly extra fun taking part this time. :P

Edited by Robodene, 04 March 2016 - 10:27 am.

#40 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:32 am

The woes multiply. I discover that I have lost the pre-season changes, e.g. Petrucci 'out'. Another missive to them. What a mess. I hope all your teams are as you wished. Not giving up yet, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users