3 replies to this topic

#1 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:13 pm

Blue TDM was MOTd today. No issues but I did find out one interesting fact. I had a couple of these self-adhesive GB and EU stickers left over from my car, the little ones that go on the number plate. As I was taking the bike to Germany last year, I put them on the TDM, but was informed by the MOT tester that they are not legal on a bike number plate but they are on a car. Figure out the logic on that one. They are now gone. Next time I go abroad, they will tell me that my St Andrews Cross is not sufficient and I need a GB sticker. Whatever!! Bike will turn 60,000 shortly and it runs just as well as my 2012 TDM.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#2 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:45 am

Bike will turn 60,000 shortly and it runs just as well as my 2012 TDM.

Is it running as smoothly, and what about mechanical noise?
Bjørge

#3 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:59 am

To be honest, it is difficult to differentiate between the 2 bikes. The previous owner, ChrisR was in Scotland last weekend and he rode both bikes and also has a 2012 TDM and I think he questions why he ever changed, other than he couldn't ride the old one in the London Low Emission Zone.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#4 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:29 pm

Apart from the tractor tyres on the black one there’s no difference, if anything the 60,000 miles makes the blue one feel stronger!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users