#1 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:05 pm

For the last 12 years or so I've been a regular user of the entirely crappy M3.

I've read and listened to reports which have variously described incidents on the M3 as westbound/eastbound/northbound/southbound.

Today, this gem proves it - even the Highways Agency don't know the direction of the M3.......

The M3 is closed eastbound between J2 - J3 due to a collision which has resulted in a vehicle fire.  Erm if it's closed eastbound surely it would be closed J3-J2

Surrey Police and Fire services are on scene

There are delays of 30 minutes above the usual travel time on approach.

Road users are advised to follow the "solid diamond" diversion route:
Leave the M3 at Junction 3.  Looks like it is closed J3-J2
At the roundabout, use the 1st exit and join the A322 Bracknell Road.
Continue for approximately 0.5 mile and pass beneath the A30. 
Just beyond, join the slip road to the A30 London Road and merge with the main carriageway. 
Turn left onto the A30 and follow for approximately 8 miles through Sunningdale and continue to Egham. 
At the A30 Egham Bypass roundabout, use the 2nd exit and follow the A30 to a further roundabout with the A308. 
Use the 2nd exit and continue on the A30, to the M25 junction 13 interchange. 
Circumnavigate the interchange roundabout. Use the 4th exit and join the A30 which subsequently joins the M25 Anti-Clockwise carriageway. 
Follow the M25 to the junction 12 interchange. 
On the approach to junction 12, use the nearside lanes to rejoin the M3 northbound link road.  Final nail in the box - we're no longer traveling eastbound.

Hope all involved are ok.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#2 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 May 2020 - 01:06 pm

Now everyone will be reading that while driving. Best to keep away. I would prefer one of those nav apps that deals with these things.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:17 pm

:lol:

They even use words like Egham bypass roundabout, which no-one actually knows exists, and circumnavigate, loike navigating with bits snipped off ? and of course, the interchange roundabout. WTF is that.

What happended to the simpler... 200yds T/L then 2nd exit at roundabout. 2 miles T/R onto A4blahblah. T/R at next roundabout.....speak ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:58 pm

:lol:

They even use words like Egham bypass roundabout, which no-one actually knows exists, and circumnavigate, loike navigating with bits snipped off ? and of course, the interchange roundabout. WTF is that.

What happended to the simpler... 200yds T/L then 2nd exit at roundabout. 2 miles T/R onto A4blahblah. T/R at next roundabout.....speak ?

Theym all edificated down there Ian, thaze like posh wurds

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#5 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:38 am

Pathetic isn't it. 

I blame their parents ..........

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS