5 replies to this topic

#1 josepgoncalves

josepgoncalves

seems to like Carpe

• 40 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:43 am

Hi there

Facing a problem in my bike. I have no front auxiliary and tail light. I assume fuse is OK because they do work when I set the Ignition to 'Parking', but with ignition ON I cannot get them to work.

Thanks for any advice,

José

#2 velf2003

velf2003

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 51 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:48 pm

How are the non-working lights powered? Directly on the battery? By a fuse/relay? Any other possibility?

#3 josepgoncalves

josepgoncalves

seems to like Carpe

• 40 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:52 pm

How are the non-working lights powered? Directly on the battery? By a fuse/relay? Any other possibility?

It's the original front presence light and the tail light. They work with the ignition on 'Parking' but not with ignition 'On'.

#4 velf2003

velf2003

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 51 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:56 pm

It's the original front presence light and the tail light. They work with the ignition on 'Parking' but not with ignition 'On'.

Is the rear brake light work? Is the problem with the non-function lights  a new problem, or did they never work while you had  the bike

Come to think of it... isn`t the 2002 model with a light switch on the left handlebar?  If so, could there be a solution to the problem?

#5 josepgoncalves

josepgoncalves

seems to like Carpe

• 40 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:10 pm

Is the rear brake light work? Is the problem with the non-function lights  a new problem, or did they never work while you had  the bike

Come to think of it... isn`t the 2002 model with a light switch on the left handlebar?  If so, could there be a solution to the problem?

The rear brake light does work. I do have a switch on the right handlebar. The panel light does work, but not small light on front neither on the tail.

#6 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:14 pm

parking light is a different circuit I think as it just powers those lights.

just recheck the fuses by pulling out and cleaning, then trace the live feed to find any break in the circuit

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users