Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:07 pm

QUOTE(Paddy900 @ Sun 24th May 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also what about a light weight camping chair,

Something i seen on e-bay FOLDING ALUMINIUM CAMPING GAS STOVE / COOKER WINDSHIELD,

Handy for keeping the wind from blowing your stove out.

The only wind I can remember from last years RTT was coming from Tony's n Hutch's direction hide.gif

#22 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:20 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Mon 25th May 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only wind I can remember from last years RTT was coming from Tony's n Hutch's direction hide.gif

That was after loads of pints of the black stuff rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

#23 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:17 am

Try a large outdoor store like Blacks or summat for S/steel camping kit, it cheap but it will last for ever.
Have a nose around your nearest Army surplus for a lot of good well tested kit.

Linky Argos S/Steel pots etc.

S/S Kettle

Mick

Edited by TDMick, 26 May 2009 - 12:17 am.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#24 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:00 pm

I don't know if Mrs Saga is looking forward to getting rid of me for a week or she's after something? Came home from work and she gave me some packs of uncle Ben's boil in a bag rice for the trip ... random or what? Still, at least she is speaking to me and appears quite friendly at the mo so I accepted it in good faith and fawned heaps of gratitude to help keep in her good books unsure.gif
Now on 9er number 2 .....

#25 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:01 pm

Is it in-date, Saga? wink.gif

Stu

#26 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:02 pm

are they little white rice grains or little green pellets?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#27 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:10 pm

Thats the other amazing thing, they're in date and they don't look suspicious unsure.gif

#28 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:16 pm

Another thing I forgot to mention is the other day I bought from Hein Gerick a small first aid kit which also has a hi viz jacket in the back pocket; its very small and compact and ideal for biking. Rremember you need a hi vis in France coz it the law in case you break down and they will nick you if you haven't got one ranting.gif

#29 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:42 pm

Well. I have a bigger list of stuff to get than I thought.

Raiding the Cafe at work this week. Gonna get a big bag of single sachets condiments

Let me know if you have a favourite rolleyes.gif

#30 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:58 pm

QUOTE(Saga Lout @ Tue 26th May 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if Mrs Saga is looking forward to getting rid of me for a week or she's after something? Came home from work and she gave me some packs of uncle Ben's boil in a bag rice for the trip ... random or what? Still, at least she is speaking to me and appears quite friendly at the mo so I accepted it in good faith and fawned heaps of gratitude to help keep in her good books unsure.gif

Brace your self Steve, It may be that time of the year when your required to do the necessary wub.gif . Being married is never easy rotflmmfao.gif

#31 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:38 pm

QUOTE(Saga Lout @ Tue 26th May 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember you need a hi vis in France coz it the law in case you break down and they will nick you if you haven't got one ranting.gif

Apparently that's only if you have 4 wheels.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#32 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:32 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Tue 26th May 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brace your self Steve, It may be that time of the year when your required to do the necessary wub.gif . Being married is never easy rotflmmfao.gif

Is it time for another headache? unsure.gif

Thats the trouble with wimmin they only think of us as sex objects ... I keep telling them that I find it degrading; I mean, don't they know we've got feelings rotflmmfao.gif

#33 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:51 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Sun 24th May 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive been trawling through thr tinter net and not found a decent stainless pan set as yet. Could do with one that all goes into the biggest pot and still fits into a pannier.

Wilkos (Wilkinsons) household stores have a nice wee stainless (copper bottomed) nesting set for one person, costing IIRC about £7.99. Called the "Trek 1" cookset - China's finest. rolleyes.gif

Consists of a 0.65 litre shallow pan with lid, 16 cm frying pan with lid doubling as a deep plate, 0.25 litre plastic cup, all in a nylon bag, total weight 480 gm. Comes packed in box 17x17x7 cm, to give you an idea of its packability

Edited by Pict, 27 May 2009 - 08:21 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#34 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:57 am

Remember French hypermarkets like Auchan, Mammouth, Carrefour etc. are good for camping , picnic and other stuff.....+ Carrefour is good for wine...

But why all this preparation for full-blown cooking etc.? Time should be spent biking, and food can be bought on the hoof?

Btw, in case I miss the chance later, have a safe journey lads - take care of yourselves over there.

Edited by Pict, 27 May 2009 - 08:04 am.

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#35 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:53 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Wed 27th May 2009, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember French hypermarkets like Auchan, Mammouth, Carrefour etc. are good for camping , picnic and other stuff.....+ Carrefour is good for wine...and I shall be using them

But why all this preparation for full-blown cooking etc.? Time should be spent biking, and food can be bought on the hoof?
Pict, I know it will save very little money but its all part of the camping thing. Like being a kid again and surviving in the great outdoors but with a little help from French supermarkets.
Btw, in case I miss the chance later, have a safe journey lads - take care of yourselves over there.

Cheers, shame you cant make it but we will take lots of pictures and I shall post you some of my very first camping food. First class mind.

#36 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:55 am

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Wed 27th May 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheers, shame you cant make it but we will take lots of pictures and I shall post you some of my very first camping food. First class mind.

Yes, it's a shame, but as time has gone on I've become more sure that I was right to drop out - the ol' throttle arm is playing up and my balance is feeling dodgy.

I do understand the fun of the full-on camping thingy, but would have limited the weight of cooking stuff on this trip. If you're younger and fitter, though, go for it. clapping.gif

Looking forward to the pictures - and any consolation parcels........ laugh.gif

Edited by Pict, 27 May 2009 - 11:57 am.

#37 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:02 pm

We'll post you the burnt scrapings off the bottom of the pan biggrin.gif

I was only planning on cooking a bit of breakfast, is this going to escalate in to a cooking contest? Going to have to pack quite light if I want to leave enough space for a decent set of knives, spice jars, wok and set of le cruiset biggrin.gif

Edited by ChrisG, 27 May 2009 - 12:03 pm.

2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

#38 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:20 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Wed 27th May 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We'll post you the burnt scrapings off the bottom of the pan biggrin.gif

I was only planning on cooking a bit of breakfast, is this going to escalate in to a cooking contest? Going to have to pack quite light if I want to leave enough space for a decent set of knives, spice jars, wok and set of le cruiset biggrin.gif

How about a cut-down "celebrity chef" - eg. "one-pot dish of the week"? Garlicky chicken, salami and baked bean stew with Mars bar dumplings kind of thing...

#39 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:57 pm

Pah, we're going to France. I was thinking more escargots, boeuf bourguignon and crepes.

Cassoulet or coq au vin should be doable in a camp site, though I intend to find a boulangerie and live on vin, pain et fromage. biggrin.gif

Edited by ChrisG, 27 May 2009 - 02:57 pm.

#40 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:07 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Wed 27th May 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pah, we're going to France. I was thinking more escargots, boeuf bourguignon and crepes.

Cassoulet or coq au vin should be doable in a camp site, though I intend to find a boulangerie and live on vin, pain et fromage. biggrin.gif

Ah - du vin, du pain et du Boursin? laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users