• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 aeldk5g

aeldk5g

arrived on last train

• 4 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:59 pm

Rathawk, I sent you a PM and I'm interested in being one of the 20 for the Renntec bars. I live in San Diego, so let me know what the next steps are. I found the link to this email on the Adventure Riders TDM site; http://www.advrider....=98401&page=187 .

I'm not sure how many interested buyers you have right now, but there may be some more at Advrider.

#22 RatHawk

RatHawk

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 57 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:14 pm

OK Folks!  Hannah and the Renntec people have responded!  They'll remanufacture the old TDM850 Crashbars for us!!!  I need to get info to them of at least 10 *buyers* not interested parties - BUYERS!  I'm going back through this thread to get a feeling for how many we actually have of the minimum of ten needed.  If you expressed interest watch for a PM from me asking for your commitment.  I expect we can just get Renntec to make them and each deal with Hannah individually through an online purchase at their website but if we can save a lot by shipping several at once to the US and there are enough US folks that want me to handle reshipping their bars to them from Florida please make your thoughts known to me.  Dust off your credit card...

Here's her email to me this morning...:

Hi
Alan,
I have spoken to my MD again.  If you let me know how many people exactly you have, we can start production as long as it is over 10.
My production Manager has advised me that once the card has been released into the factory, they will take approx 4-5 weeks to be completed and painted black.
My MD has advised that we will need to take payment for the products before we put the set quantity into production at the price agreed before of £55.00 (no VAT).
As we can not work the carriage charge out exactly before they are made, I will only be able to give you an approximate price to roughly work around.
How will we ship the Engine Bars to you? Will they all be boxed together or will they be sent in individual boxes to the customers?
Are all the customers in the USA?
Can we also confirm before we start, it is REN10062B: TDM850 (Up to '96) Engine Bars?

Kind Regards

Hannah

Renntec 65-69 Azura Close, Three
Legged Cross, Dorset, BH21 6SZ, 01202 826722 Find us on Facebook

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty." --- Peter Egan

#23 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:34 pm

Here's the latest communique to Renntec about our crashbars:

Hannah,

I messaged all the interested parties at both Carpe-TDM and ADVrider forums and am receiving many responses already.  So far it looks like 10-12 individuals are ready to open their wallets for you. I’m compiling a list of names and email addresses from the forums…  I’d like to offer an update on how best to execute this purchase to all interested parties as soon as we can work it out.

Getting some questions already from buyers wondering who to give their money to.  I think the easiest for all of us, myself and maybe Renntec as well, would be for your web gurus to reinstate the part number for online purchase, or offer the part in your clearance or special offers pages?  This way we could each individually go to the website and execute a transaction, supply shipping and credit card details, etc.  I could try to handle the transactions for US buyers and offer a bulk shipping option but it seems like the interest is split between US, UK, and Australia.  It will definitely be more routine if the transactions can be handled via regular channels through your company. That way you can keep track of the sales and the clients?  And that way if I forget to cross a ‘T’ or dot an ‘I’ it won’t reflect poorly on Renntec, last thing I’d want to happen! 

Please let me know how best to proceed with this request for manufacture.  The excitement amongst our relatively small group of TDM riders is high right now! Thanks for going to bat for us!!!

Warm regards,
Alan Shepherd

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty." --- Peter Egan

#24 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:52 pm

Guess everybody's all sad or pissed off and stuff in the UK today.  Thatcher and all... Hopefully I'll hear back from Renntec in the am and we'll have a clear path for them to relinquish us of a bit of our money in exchange for the bash bars we all want.  I'll keep everyone posted through this thread.  And I'll post up a pic of my 1991 TDM850 as soon as the tires and fork seals are done...

#25 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:57 pm

well done RatHawk  you de man !!!!

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#26 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:58 pm

Thanks wicklamulla.  I wasn't really looking forward to bending up a pair myself so I dragged all you folks into this.  

Everyone who's innerested please do this:

Email Hannah at: info@renntec.co.uk!  Paste this character string into your email subject: Carpe-tdm.net REN10062B: Yamaha TDM850 engine bars

if you cc me at: alan@shepherd.com I'll have a decent idea what she's got for confirmed buyers and we can go from there!

THANKS TDM Riders!  :badgerrock:

#27 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:07 pm

Please send emails to Renntec so we can get this TDM crash bar buy happening.  Thanks to those who've sent a messeage on to Renntec so far but we are still not up to the 10 required min to make this happen! Here's the info again:

Everyone who's innerested in BUYING a TDM850 Renntec crashbar please do this:

Email Hannah at: info@renntec.co.uk!  Paste this character string into your email subject: Carpe-tdm.net REN10062B: Yamaha TDM850 engine bars

if you cc me at: alan@shepherd.com I'll have a decent idea what she's got for confirmed buyers and we can go from there!

THANKS TDM Riders!   :badgerrock:

#28 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:33 pm

Just sent this to Hannah...

Hannah,

I want to keep everybody up to date and have asked them each to email you at this address to register their info with Renntec regarding the Crashbar for the old TDM.  You should have a couple in your inbox already.  Please let me (us) know where and how to get our money to you so we can get these bars into production.  Worst case scenario I can imagine is nine people pay you and then we can’t muster one more.  If that is what happens I’ll personally put us over the edge so we don’t have to scrap the whole order.  Managing worldwide requests as your agent for this order scares me that I’ll upset someone because I forget something or miss a shipping detail.  I want Renntec to get the credit for resurrecting the old part for clients.  Just need a little bit of help to make it all Roses… Really appreciate your help so far!

Thanks,

Alan

AKA RatHawk on Capre-TDM and Bumbadeeda on ADV

#29 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:52 pm

Then she said this:

Hannah, This is awesome news! Thanks so much! I'll go inform the two forum communities whose members are following this and look forward to more news next week!
Regards,
Alan

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!
----- Reply message -----
Date: Fri, Apr 19, 2013 9:29 am
Subject: Web Site Contact Form Results (REN10062B)
To: <alan@shepherd.com>

Hi Alan,

I have had 6 other customers so far send me an email.

I am going to get our Technical guy to find the pattern in the factory on Monday so that I can pack a pair and get a closer estimate to packaging costs. As soon as I have this I will email everyone with the prices (hopefully Monday).

Our website unfortunately does not accept International Orders on any product.

If I send the quote over email, it will give them the option to send me their Card Details back or pay by a Bank Transfer. Or if they want to pay by card and not send it on an email, they can ring and just email me their shipping details, but I will explaion that to each customer on the quotes.

If you would like me to send a bulk shipment to USA, I can do this also. I can quote this to you as well as sending the customers that have emailed me what it would cost for a single item carriage. I would need to know how many Engine Bars you would like roughly for one parcel.

Also, for the quotes, my option to send to the USA is Global Value (cheapest option). We can provide a tracked service but this is more expensive (Global Priority) - both Parcel Force. If people have their own couriers, this is still ok.

As soon as my technical guy has looked at that with me on Monday we will hopefully get the ball rolling.

I will be in contact with you asap when I have more information.

Kind Regards

Hannah
Renntec 65-69 Azura Close, Three Legged Cross, Dorset, BH21 6SZ, 01202 826722

#30 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:00 pm

Just so's ya nose a load of em have just been listed on ebay ear: http://www.ebay.co.u...0#ht_839wt_1162

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#31 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:29 pm

Just so's ya nose a load of em have just been listed on ebay ear: http://www.ebay.co.u...0#ht_839wt_1162

Ouch, have you seen the price?

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#32 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:55 am

Ouch, have you seen the price?

yeah i thought £55 was mentioned or along those lines plus postage

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#33 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:56 am

Reading the product info, this listing is for a luggage rack, not engine bars. Bit misleading.

Now I just fly everywhere.

Be yourself, because everybody else is taken.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#34 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:34 am

yeah i thought £55 was mentioned or along those lines plus postage

Yes, but we are buying direct from Renntec, rather than from a dealer.

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#35 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:13 am

Real crashbars from the Folks that make them, Renntec. €55 (or whatever that is in dollars) plus shipping and VAT (whatever that is...)

RolfieB makes a good observation about the supposed ebay listing above for tdm crashbars. Its not even crashbars for sale. The picture is indicative but the description is for a luggage rack. I emailed the seller for some explanation of the discrepancy but have heard nothing.

Should hear from Hannah soon on the path forward and a time frame. Keep you all posted.

#36 razors

razors

arrived on last train

• 9 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:03 am

I have emailed Hannah yesterday so you can add me to the list of wanted crashbars,thanks

#37 TDMinne

TDMinne

discovering Carpe

• 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:38 am

Sorry, have I missed the what the price would be (ballpark is fine)?  I saw $120 in the first post and 55 GBP (or is that euros?) a couple days ago.  What would I be looking at in USD if I hop on the original order here?

#38 ROL99

ROL99

discovering Carpe

• 18 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:40 am

Good morning!

Just emailed Renntec to be in the cue ;)

Thank you Alan

Roland

#39 razors

razors

arrived on last train

• 9 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:36 am

Got a reply back from Renntec yesterday.

Bars £55.00
Delivery £56.00........bit steep that price for delivery.
Have sent email asking confirmation on delivery price if confirmed as £56 then I'm out.

#40 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:47 am

Hi all,

I have dropped Hannah an email pointing out that some of us live in the UK so the delivery cost is incorrect. However, I am sure that you are all aware that they will charge VAT on the £55 and I have asked her for the UK delivery charge.

As soon as I get an answer, I'll post it on this thread.

Ali

Edited by AliG, 25 April 2013 - 08:48 am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users