Photo

RTT07 - Ruppertshofen, Rhine Valley, Germany.

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#141 unclesumo

unclesumo

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:43 pm

Finally got our new shift pattern sorted at work & its a no go for me, bollocks!
Did you get the pm I sent you Hartside man? It didnt show up in my sent items bit.

#142 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:51 pm

QUOTE(unclesumo @ Mon 5th Mar 2007, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally got our new shift pattern sorted at work & its a no go for me, bollocks!
Did you get the pm I sent you Hartside man? It didnt show up in my sent items bit.

So are you now up for 1st and down for the rest then Unc? dry.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#143 Tädäm

Tädäm

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:03 pm

Hello to all,

I learned from the German TDM forum about this forum and I've been attending as a visitor from time to time. I'm from Bonn, about 100km from Ruppertshofen to the Northwest. I have no idea, why you chose Ruppertshofen but you could have done much worse. You will be pretty close to some of the most beautifull and challenging routes Western Germany has to offer. Watch out for the small rivers going east to west like the river Lahn from Limburg in the Westerwald to Lahnstein near the Rhine, the Wied from Neuwied (Rhine) direction Westerwald, further north the Sieg upstream from Siegburg, the Agger, the Bröl, and so on. You will find the most winding roads when going over the hills between the river valleys. The Autobahn A3 between Cologne and Frankfurt is always near to bring you there or back to Ruppertshofen in a short time.

When touring, chose the workdays from Monday to Friday, best between 10:00 a.m. and 14:00p.m. When touring on the weekend, Sunday early morning from 06:00 to 11:00 a.m. is best. Otherwise you might have too much traffic. Do not drive Sunday afternoon or be prepared for a very slow ride, Saturday afternoon is not much better.

If someone of you is interested and using MapSource and even a Garmin GPS, I'd be pleased to work out some really worthwhile routes for you.

Cheers,

Tädäm

#144 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:28 pm

Thanks "TayDayEmm" - and a warm welcome. You've brought good advice, and I'm sure further questions will be asked of you.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#145 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:32 am

QUOTE(unclesumo @ Mon 5th Mar 2007, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah got it thanks and sent a reply wid a question ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#146 unclesumo

unclesumo

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:54 pm

No new PM's this end Mark. I've got a hotmail account using my carpe name at hotmail.com if thats any good.

#147 gazman

gazman

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:25 pm

No doubt it's staring me in the face but where in the 8 pages is the definitive "RTT2007 is going to be here..." post?

If we're not camping where are we staying in Ruppertshofen?

Big apologies for being so blind blink.gif

#148 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:09 pm

B&B described in the first posting by Toneski? smile.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#149 Fun-biker

Fun-biker

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:00 pm

Hi there,
I live close by your selected location. I can only state you have done a great selection. Your event will be in a perfect area of the finest roads for biking. For sure you will find also other places to enjoy motobiking in Germany, but definitely you will find in your selected area scenic roads to enjoy your event. I you interested I can offer you some guidance to find the scenic places in the area.
Hope to see you in that area.

#150 gazman

gazman

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:30 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Fri 9th Mar 2007, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
B&B described in the first posting by Toneski? smile.gif

blush.gif DOH!!! blush.gif blush.gif punishment.gif

Cheers Pict.

#151 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 981 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:40 pm

We should put the UK RTT in the calendar - The german one is in there - they are so much more organised.

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#152 Tarmo

Tarmo

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:36 pm

It seems that it will be just that week when I try to make my trip to Spain. So I hope that it will be OK if I stop for camping one night in Ruppertshoffen. unsure.gif
Tarmo

#153 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:03 am

QUOTE(Tarmo @ Fri 23rd Mar 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems that it will be just that week when I try to make my trip to Spain. So I hope that it will be OK if I stop for camping one night in Ruppertshoffen. unsure.gif

the more the merrier and a good international meet i hope good.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#154 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:48 pm

roight, i'm off to Germany for a recce next week (as good an excuse as any for a few days touring)
i'll report bout camping and also further info bout B&B when i get back smile.gif

anyone else wanting to stay at the B&B for those dates coz i need to let Andre&Marie know?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#155 DKM AUTOS

DKM AUTOS

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:27 pm

Hello there, lazy i know, but to save me from dredging through all these pages and for the sake of a quick answer, where and when is this trip abroad and what do i need to do to participate apart from the obvios i.e book ferry and jump on my tdm.

Thanks

Dave (Aberdeen)
2009 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure - ABS / TCS / TPS / ESA / ASC ' The Beast!'

1986 BMW K 100 RT - For sale!!

WWW.BIKETEC-MOTORCYCLE-TRAINING.CO.UK

#156 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:05 am

Wednesday 4th July to Wednesday 11th July (2007) at Ruppertshofen, Rhine Valley, Germany
staying with these guys here http://www.germanrhineland.com/ or the campsite which i will provide details off after the recce next week
come along for a much or little as you like, just let me know the dates you want

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#157 Harrrumpie

Harrrumpie

sticking around

• 32 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:03 pm

This is a nice place too banana.gif
Stayed there last year. Its in the middle of Cochem.

http://www.gastezimm....de/Welkom.html

Greeeeeeeeeeeetzzzzzzzzzzzz,

#158 E-njoy

E-njoy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:08 pm

So is the B&B going to be hired completely? Are rooms going to be pre-booked? Does everybody have to make their own reservations with them? Is there still room / is there room enough? Any accomodation backup? How big is the group right now? Or are there several groups for different time lengths? Has anybody set out routes to tour? Is it synched with the German TDM forum? Or is this just an individual thing waiting for faith and good luck? I might be a bit spoiled with German (V-strom) organization...

Today is about the last day I can still request for free days, I just wanna be sure it's gonna be worth it (planning to take along some non-TDM friends), what to expect and that there's actually gonna be some guys there (and which days they're going).

Edited by E-njoy, 20 May 2007 - 09:10 pm.

Emile
www.piloot.com
'80 Honda CB400T Hawk, '92 Yamaha XJ600S Diversion, '90 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast, '92 Honda ST1100ABSTCS Pan European, '00 BMW R1150GS ABS, '04 Yamaha XP500i T-max, '01 Triumph Sprint ST 955i, '06 Yamaha TDM900A GT, '02 Honda ST1300A Pan European

#159 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:12 pm

QUOTE(E-njoy @ Sun 20th May 2007, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So is the B&B going to be hired completely? Are rooms going to be pre-booked? Does everybody have to make their own reservations with them? Is there still room / is there room enough? Any accomodation backup? How big is the group right now? Or are there several groups for different time lengths? Has anybody set out routes to tour? Is it synched with the German TDM forum? Or is this just an individual thing waiting for faith and good luck? I might be a bit spoiled with German (V-strom) organization...

Today is about the last day I can still request for free days, I just wanna be sure it's gonna be worth it (planning to take along some non-TDM friends), what to expect and that there's actually gonna be some guys there (and which days they're going).

GAHHH IE7 buggy piece of shite just lost my entire post grrrrrr
(and FF2 is just as bad before anyone trys to suggest that buggy piece of shite)

info on attendees and dates they are attending are here good.gif
http://www.carpe-tdm...?showtopic=2778

B&B is not just us, we dont currently have enough numbers to book the whole place.
let me know how many places are need and i'll check.

i'm going out to the B&B this Wednesday, Andre&Marie already visited the campsite for us so there shouldnt be any problems.
but i'll be visiting anyway to confirm costs and availability as they dont seem to want to respond to my English or German enquiries.

ours is not sync'd with any other groups as when i started the organising they didnt have any definite locations or dates to work with.

I'll be paying a deposit for the B&B this week, its not much so we can just sort it out at the RTT.

My TDM :

#160 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:28 am

roight
B&B & 1campsite visited, B&B deposit paid, we have 1or2 more beds available there
the price includes breakfast, use of the 'playroom' out back which has pool,darts etc and a nice selection of German bottled beers available for €1.5 (softdrinks also available)
there are 2 pubs in the Ruppertshofen, in the next village(Bogel 1km away) there are a couple of steak houses, I tested Lindenhof and its approved wink.gif

2 campsites available

1) http://www.camping-bogel.de/
this one is walking distance (approx 1km other side of Bogel to the B&B)
you have to pay per person, per tent, per bike etc which works out at just less than €9 each (actual prices are on the website, no discount available)
no need to book, just turn up, quote carpe-tdm(wave a piece of paper with the carpe logo if poss as their English isnt great) and pitch your tent good.gif
the site here has static caravans that are peoples holiday homes(not available to rent), the camping field is close by, similar arrangement to the RTT07 site
there is also small shop/bar/restaurant onsite

2) http://www.campingplatz-hauserbach.de/
the 2nd is a few km further away but is slightly cheaper at €5 each + €1 for bike
site has similar facilities to the other one but isnt walking distance for anyone other than Sir Ranulph Fiennes.
the price quoted is discounted and will need to be booked in advance via the B&B folks (thanks Marie for sorting that out smile.gif )
i can collate numbers for this and arrange with Marie to make life easier

it is possible to do the journey from the port in 4.5hours, but i'd allow 5-6 for normal riding with breaks
i took the scenic route which was approx 600miles and was a lovely ride & took 6-7hours, but i wasnt hanging around

the roads in the area are great fun, the road up from the bridge over the Rhine is fast and sweeping, i had to do that a couple of times yeahyeahyeah.gif
Andre is going to organise a couple of ride outs for us, i'm sure that one day he will provide Dandy,Bondy&Mark with some entertainment wink.gif

watch out for a few topics to follow for things to do in the area biggrin.gif (museums & tracks etc)

My TDM :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users