Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:56 am

sad.gif

Someone has stolen my baby !

Nipped to the loo at 5am, thought I could hear it raining so looked out the kitchen window and just saw an empty space where my bike should be.

Police were round in 5 minutes and took the details etc.

Feels like a part of me has been taken.

Just spent the previous few days with the bike in bits whilst waiting for parts to arrive, fettling with the cams etc. Finished the fettling Satdi, went for a quick blast and then gone this morning. Ever get the feeling your being watched ?

Rang insurance who took my phone number so's a claim assistant can call me tomorrow when they're back at work.

Edited by Studley Ramrod, 10 September 2010 - 03:02 pm.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#2 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:18 am

giveusahug.gif sorry.gif

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:36 am

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What are registration, engine and frame numbers SR?

Other identifrying features/oddities?

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:53 am

Fookin ell fella..... shocked.gif

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 YOYOBANDERAS

YOYOBANDERAS

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 51 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:25 am

Sad day Studley, will keep eyes and ears open. Will ask around at work, a few of them seem to know most of the dregs of society in our area. Sad Sad Day.

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:45 am

on frame and engine.

It's got a CF hugger, Laser Pro Stock rear, Corbin seat, Bluespots, siezed fork damper adjuster, it's reeeeally silver, got a silver front wheel with standard dark rear wheel, yellow frame bung painted silver with a black Yamaha logo emblem, bellypan wasn't fitted, half black half grey grips, DL650 Handguards, 48,000 miles, refurbed head painted in Hammerite Smooth Silver, Carpe-TDM sticker, repainted front M/C also filed and polished smooth/seamless, new fork bushes, (sigh) Oh yeah, and the cylinder head lugs for engine brackets both need helicoiling.

Feel like I'm waiting for something, but I don't know what. Phone call from police would be nice......

AMAZING !! Police have just phoned and it's been found. As I was just typing

Edited by Studley Ramrod, 05 September 2010 - 08:54 am.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:45 am

Just spoke to Ian, Police have found it but not sure of the condition yet,

Watch this space

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:50 am

wooooooooohoooooooooooo (I hope).
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:51 am

Yep, police have found my baby. All I know is she was found dumped about a mile and a half away with the ignition broken but is apparently undamaged, although it could have been dropped at walking pace.

Police have taken her to one of their compounds for forensics to look at and I've gotta phone the place tomorrow to see if I can pick her up.

What an emotional day !

Cheers Moose, appreciate you callin' smile.gif

#10 Guest_trevini_*

Guest_trevini_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:09 am

Bloody hell Ian - I feel for you. Glad you got it back and hope it's ok/not too bad. Did they get the thievin' gits?

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:27 am

No such luck Trev, bike was found dumped with the ignition damaged.

I think some diy might be the order of the day after all that. See if I can fortify my parking place.

#12 jim850wav

jim850wav

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:53 am

Ba*ta*ds... ranting.gif .. But great to see your getting her back... Ba*Ta*ds.. people will do anything to get their hands on a Mk1... Hope shes OK ....
Slightly beat up Mk1 but still going

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:27 am

jaysus thas shockin !! did they drop her onto the ground when they gave up pushing ??

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#14 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:40 am

Thats bloody good luck there mate..

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#15 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:27 am

Ah what a shitter Ian,,,, glad it's been found and they only fooked with the ignition,, hope you have it back on the road soon m8.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#16 SelinaXC

SelinaXC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:31 am

Thieving toe-rags, hope their b*lls turn square and fester in the corners.

Glad to hear she's been recovered so quickly, fingers crossed there is nothing but ignition damage Studley.
giveusahug.gif
Tiger 800XC in black & WR400F rider, cohabiting with two TeDiuMs, a Mk1 and a Mk3.

#17 mecrox

mecrox

really likes Carpe

• 99 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:53 am

Bastids and what a thing to wake up to on a quiet Sunday morning! But I'm sure your prompt action helped and prevented any more damage before it was eventually found.

#18 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:57 pm

glad you got it back -that is an absolutely cracking Mk1

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#19 Onanist

Onanist

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:01 pm

What a sh*tter Studley, fingers crossed the damage is minimal.
My life in bikes (with the random oddity) Made it to 48 with no car licence : Yamaha DT50M, Yamaha RD250E, Honda Melody (stupid law changes), Honda NS125F, Yamaha FZ600, Yamaha TDM850 MKI, CZ 125, GSXR1100WP, Aprilia RS250, Yamaha TDM850 MKII, Yamaha YZF750, Honda FT500, Reliant Rialto, Suzuki DR250, Suzuki DR650, Sukida 200, Yamaha Thunderace, Yamaha TDM900 2003, Yamaha TDM850 MKI, Triumph Tiger 1050, Triumph Tiger Explorer

#20 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:45 pm

What security did you have on it Stud ?

Glad its been found.
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users