muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:51 pm

http://www.yamaha-mo...-09-tracer.aspx

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#2 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:20 pm

We got it all wrong! Its not an Adventure Bike, its an Action Tourer.  Another first for Yamaha.  Will be years before the others catch on to that one.

Still a nice bike. I rode the MT09 with the fuelling fix and it is a really nice engine now. Very not TDMish. Very much action though.

22kg extra weight over the standard MT?

Rob

#3 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:22 pm

I've just read some gumf and looked at some more pics and I must say the more I look at it, the more I like it. 

If it was as nice and as comfortable as the TDM, and I had a bottomless pit of money, I would have one I think, but I would still be very reluctant to wave goodbye to the TDM. That said, bottomless pit of money? I'd have both! 

#4 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:08 pm

I DO like this! Mmmmmm.........

2015-Yamaha-MT09-Tracer-EU-Race-Blu-Stud

#5 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:14 pm

I would want to see the luggage fittings first but the bike looks good. oh and price.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#6 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:19 pm

I would want to see the luggage fittings first but the bike looks good. oh and price.

2015-Yamaha-MT09-Tracer-EU-Lava-Red-Deta

They look like soft sided bags with zips to me!

Edited by Matt101, 04 November 2014 - 02:20 pm.

#7 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:26 pm

hmm looks ok I suppose, MCN think cost will be around £8K, bike still looks kinda short to me with the rear light out back on two sticks.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#8 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:37 pm

Rear light is up top. That's just number plate light I think.

2015-Yamaha-MT09-Tracer-EU-Matt-Grey-Det

#9 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:05 pm

LEDs front and back. I didn't know they'd developed LED lights to that extent on vehicles or are the front lights a mix of LED and bulb. If you look close you can see the arrays in the front. Works well enough on torches, so why not. Interesting development. 

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

#10 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:16 pm

hmm looks ok I suppose, MCN think cost will be around £8K, bike still looks kinda short to me with the rear light out back on two sticks.

I'll bet it's nearer £9k

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#11 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:37 pm

if I can work out the combination numbers to the wifes purse I might be able to buy one :P

#12 Deauman

Deauman

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 109 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:32 pm

Horrible clocks and ugly rear end that doesn't look like it will welcome a top box spoil what could be a cracking machine. Clever of them to get that underslung exhaust and a centre stand though. So many bikes have upswept exhausts to get in the way of panniers.  The TDM is still ticking more boxes than anything else out there.

#13 timoc

timoc

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:20 pm

I like it, will defo have a test ride.

No more a TDM owner :sorry: moved on to the Tracer :)

#14 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:00 pm

Yamaha official video 

#15 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:12 pm

EICMA show video

Can't say I like the radiator shrouds, they just don't fit the overall aesthetic and the sharp angles sit proud and will surely catch on stuff. Pointless use of plastic that'll cost a lot to replace. The more I see of this bike the less I like it. The new Triumph XC 800 looks much nicer. 

Edited by muddy, 05 November 2014 - 05:13 pm.

#16 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:55 pm

Can I have a blue one please?

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#17 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:05 pm

Do they do them in pink? Might upgrade the niner.

Highly unlikely.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#18 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:15 pm

does it come with the 'accessory fairy' sitting on it ?

#19 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:04 am

What is the betting that the MT-09 Tracer is going to morph into the MT-09 Tracey with all you Mk1 and Mk2 owners?

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#20 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:03 am

What is the betting that the MT-09 Tracer is going to morph into the MT-09 Tracey with all you Mk1 and Mk2 owners?

:rotflmmfao: The thought had already crossed my mind!!

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users