- - - - -

BMW GS's - oh how they annoy me......

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_trevini_*

Guest_trevini_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:08 pm

I think you may have missed the point slightly with the membership. It offers "Exclusive discount schemes". Maybe Yamaha could be pursuaded to offer them a discount on the XTZ12? It would be in their interest, after all!

#82 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:26 pm

QUOTE(Geomorphologist @ Sat 27th Feb 2010, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cuckoo.gif

cchyeah, over in your neck of the woods you wouldn't know anything about strangeness would you--a higgledy, higgledy hidden.gif

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#83 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:09 pm

QUOTE(Geordie Guy @ Sat 27th Feb 2010, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats fookin typical its £15.00 to join. ranting.gif
"Member's Benefits GSClubUK On-Line Membership Application
Access to GSClubUK events
Exclusive Discount Schemes
BMF Affiliate Membership Club website and forum
Email discussion list
Club Membership card & sticker
Club merchandise

Membership of GSClubUK costs £15.00 per year.

Membership fees are waived for non-riding partners and they will be most welcome at club events. Overseas members can join for just £5 per year.To join the club please complete the on-line application form opposite.
"

£12.00 to join the UK GSer.com,

This lot have got money to burn, even their web sites are exclusive.

Just for clarity - you can join UK GSer.com for feck all - you are invited to subscribe for £12, & then you get additional features, - just like Carpe tongue.gif

Not very many forums give you all priveledges for feck all ......only CMC & Ridersite spring to mind

As for having fun on GS's .......the UKGser's ( and I DO subscribe ) seem to be having a ball ......... http://ukgser.com/home/

Even without the approval of certain members of this forum rolleyes.gif

Remember, us bikers are in a minority enough, without going at each other ..........live & let live

PS - I've yet to see a post on a BMW forum that slags off TDM's .........now I'll be proved wrong by some forum sleuth hidden.gif

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#84 paulb

paulb

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:03 pm

I wasnt university education, I'm certainly not middle class and I love to ride bikes full-stop.

I'm absolutely NOT biased towards the GS in any way in saying the following, and I'll take cover... BUT
On most roads, having had both bikes and also as someone who likes to crack on a bit, the GS1150 adv will out-handle, ride comfier and more pliant... and outrun a TDM. Why have I got a GS? Because it happens to be the best allrounder for my needs. It's big enough to be comfy, punchy, handles BRILLIANTLY and takes a right pasting without a murmur
I loved my TDM and did a fair bit to it, to get it spot-on for quick riding. the only reason i sold it, was because I'm a big fella and the TDm was a bit on the small side for two-up with luggage.
Dont slate the bikes lads, by all means have a go at the miniority of people if you really must... but your generalisations are out of line and somewhat childish.
The 1200 boxer in my experience is an unreliable beast ( i had a rod straight through the top on my r1200s block, gs1200 had electrical faults, abs failure, servo issues etc), but the 1150 is a bloody corker. Ive had an 1100, 3 1150s and a 1200 gs.

One of the friendliest bunches of people I ever go away with, are the boxertrix guys. They are mainly r1100s riders, but many have moved away to gixers, gs, vfr, aprilias whatever... NO snobbery, no finger pointing and always a great time had. I guess they understand the concept of being bikers, above branding people?

Edited by paulb, 27 February 2010 - 08:09 pm.

PB

Honda CBR1100 xxx
BMW R1150 GSA se 2005
Yamaha WR450f

#85 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:33 pm

QUOTE(paulb @ Sat 27th Feb 2010, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasnt university education, I'm certainly not middle class and I love to ride bikes full-stop.

I'm absolutely NOT biased towards the GS in any way in saying the following, and I'll take cover... BUT
On most roads, having had both bikes and also as someone who likes to crack on a bit, the GS1150 adv will out-handle, ride comfier and more pliant... and outrun a TDM. Why have I got a GS? Because it happens to be the best allrounder for my needs. It's big enough to be comfy, punchy, handles BRILLIANTLY and takes a right pasting without a murmur
I loved my TDM and did a fair bit to it, to get it spot-on for quick riding. the only reason i sold it, was because I'm a big fella and the TDm was a bit on the small side for two-up with luggage.
Dont slate the bikes lads, by all means have a go at the miniority of people if you really must... but your generalisations are out of line and somewhat childish.
The 1200 boxer in my experience is an unreliable beast ( i had a rod straight through the top on my r1200s block, gs1200 had electrical faults, abs failure, servo issues etc), but the 1150 is a bloody corker. Ive had an 1100, 3 1150s and a 1200 gs.

One of the friendliest bunches of people I ever go away with, are the boxertrix guys. They are mainly r1100s riders, but many have moved away to gixers, gs, vfr, aprilias whatever... NO snobbery, no finger pointing and always a great time had. I guess they understand the concept of being bikers, above branding people?

Yes, I'm an out and out beemerist (or should that be beemerphobe?) and I should do some kind of diversity training or something. Come on, it's not that serious. You should hear some of my other pet theories wacko.gif

Edited by muddy, 27 February 2010 - 08:36 pm.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#86 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:10 pm

Hey, This is all just tongue in cheek banter.

Dont want to fall out, or for anyone else to fall out over this, I 'm just poking fun.

Being down near Liverpool , I miss the Newcastle vs Sunderland bickering, name calling and piss taking.

So, its just for entertainment.

If I saw any biker that I thought needed help, I would stop and lend a hand, no matter what.

A bike is a bike, you make your choice and thats fine by me.

If anyone has been offended by any of this, dont be, it was not meant seriously.

It was just a bit of friendly fun,

Thats it ! No more taking the piss out of Beamers or their riders, or that big fookin touratec Catalouge, or those funny after thought reservoirs or those £550 chequred BMW branded jackets or those £5 indicator bulbs or those zebra paint jobs or .... ranting.gif

Bollox, I cant help me-self ..........

THE END
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#87 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:01 pm

QUOTE(Geordie Guy @ Sat 27th Feb 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, This is all just tongue in cheek banter.
thats not how any of its come across.....

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#88 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:12 pm

LOL i had a few Touratech catalogs delivered recently and i had to laugh at a few of the items this company seems to produce, some items/accessories seem relevent or maybe even necessary but they do seem to make little alloy brackets and covers fer various brands of bikes that seem pointless in my blinkered opinion, basically they seem to invent potential scenarios/problems and their marketplace expands !

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#89 Guest_LDRider_*

Guest_LDRider_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:50 am

Yeah, TT is for the gadget crazy I think. They do make excellent GPS mounts and nice AL panniers IMO. I'm using their locking GPS mounts on both my bikes - haven't found anything better yet.

#90 Guest_trevini_*

Guest_trevini_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:08 am

I'm sure this has been posted before, but for those who haven't seen it......

rotflmmfao.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users