• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 the969

the969

sticking around

• 28 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:38 pm

I know the cat flap mod has been mooted as a possible cure to smooth out the 900, but my 4TX is like a light switch with the fuelling, especially low down.

Carb enthusiasts would think twice after a run on this one, more like early KTM FI...   At some point a previous owner converted to a 2-1 system, headers original, but link and end can distinctly free range. Plenty of grunt and smooth enough when on the power, but I have to address the abruptness of the delivery, around town slipping the clutch in is mandatory. The on / off fuelling also exacerbates weight transfer issues, making life intense for pillions...

Not sure where to start with this. Dyno?  Re jet?  I'm thinking that whoever stuck the pipe on it might not have changed the fuelling..... guesswork, basically. 

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 September 2019 - 09:07 am

Prolly best starting off with the easy adjustments, have you checked the throttle free play and also made sure the drivechain slack is correct ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 the969

the969

sticking around

• 28 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:07 am

Yup thottle free play check an idea....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users