#1 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:31 pm

This is an interesting video of a future spark/compression ignition engine that is reportedly 20% to 30% more fuel efficient.
https://youtu.be/9KhzMGbQXmY
Maybe should have posted on the electric bike thread.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#2 pilninggas

pilninggas

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 181 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:16 pm

Actually looks pretty astonishing, transient compression ratios are the key to light-load effiency.

#3 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:58 pm

We'll see more interesting engines soon, Ilmor have a 5-stroke engine, there is a 6-stroke engine, and the Scuderi engine....... More spares for the dealers to stock !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#4 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:22 pm

Not just the engines that are getting interesting, Koenigsegg have a car out now with no gearbox, just uses a torque converter between the prop shaft and crank, supplemented by electric motors.  No gear changes means it can supposedly do 0-250 mph in 20 seconds :o

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:13 pm

Not just the engines that are getting interesting, Koenigsegg have a car out now with no gearbox, just uses a torque converter between the prop shaft and crank, supplemented by electric motors.  No gear changes means it can supposedly do 0-250 mph in 20 seconds :o

Awesome....and I'm reminded of the Top Gear special where they tested the Tesla Model S, and stated that driven at full performance  continuously it would have a range of below 55 miles - totally forgetting that if they drove the much loved Bugatti Veyron at full chat continuously it would run out of fuel after 45 miles, and it's tyres wouldn't last more than 100 miles. !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fuel efficiency, Mpg, Hybrid engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users