Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:34 am

More live yeast practice required. :0)

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#163 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:33 am

:lol:  

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#164 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:29 am

You do know you need to use about double for fresh yeast compared to dried? 

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#165 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:32 pm

More live yeast practice required. :0)

(Tubes '75) White dough on punks?

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#166 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:07 pm

You do know you need to use about double for fresh yeast compared to dried? 

I was told aboot arf an ounce was right for med loaf...hmmm. looks loike it got very good height and popped....don't mind trying again. Loaf is delicious even with its crown. :0)

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#167 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:22 pm

Ball park figure - 1x sachet of dried yeast 7gm for 1/2 kg flour, so about 14gm fresh yeast for same and you can scale from there. That's what I use for white bread and it's fairly consistent. You may want to add a little more for Ciabiatta, but you should really use a poolish to get that started and it uses almost twice as much yeast. 

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

#168 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:27 pm

Brill thanks twev. I will use that to calc the next yeast. A quick kick of my adled Brian with those amounts suggests you are right, not enough yeast last time.

#169 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:10 pm

And again, no flour of any variety - made biscuits out of the last of the SR today

#170 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:05 pm

I can have a look for some around here Favs ?  What sort are you wanting ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#171 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:23 am

Thanks for the offer Ian, but I'll have a poke about today as I have to pop out. I ordered Wholemeal, Strong White, Plain, Elf Racing, Atta & Dried Yeast   - delivery = 0.0

& for the conspiracy theorists:

I tell you this inability to supply us beyond the Home Counties with flour, it's all part of a Tory plot to subjugate the dissident North and maintain any kind of controlling grasp on the Northern Powerhouse Poorhouse. Then, when this country sinks to the bottom of the world wages table and the natives are more desperate than Dan, the Tories will be in a position to maximize the exploitation of the workforce without the expense of holding the military in reserve nearby.

That's all true gibb gibber gibberish and I have incontestable proof that I made it up cos I wrote it down on my last square of toilet paper. Oooo -  must dash....

#172 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:39 am

Only had plain white in Tesco this am.  I swear I saw Boris Johnson delivering it, along with izal bog roll, as I queued to get in.  Might possibly have been Micheal Fabricant, hard to tell them apart from a distance, but either way, it was deffo a southerner. :oldgit:

#173 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:16 pm

Thanks for the offer Ian, but I'll have a poke about today as I have to pop out. I ordered Wholemeal, Strong White, Plain, Elf Racing, Atta & Dried Yeast   - delivery = 0.0

& for the conspiracy theorists:

I tell you this inability to supply us beyond the Home Counties with flour, it's all part of a Tory plot to subjugate the dissident North and maintain any kind of controlling grasp on the Northern Powerhouse Poorhouse. Then, when this country sinks to the bottom of the world wages table and the natives are more desperate than Dan, the Tories will be in a position to maximize the exploitation of the workforce without the expense of holding the military in reserve nearby.

That's all true gibb gibber gibberish and I have incontestable proof that I made it up cos I wrote it down on my last square of toilet paper. Oooo -  must dash....

Got these for ya, next time we meet up Al.  2kg bags.  Happened across them in Asda this eve.

Attached File  SWhite.jpg   62.56KB   0 downloads

Lemme know when ya fancy a chinwag. :good:

#174 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:40 pm

Oooooh good find!!!

#175 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:47 pm

Also had loads of self raising, but no elf racing.

#176 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:35 pm

I can do Monday 25 May for Breakfast or Brunch. Virtual pubbing tomoz after a little truck work.

Ta v much 4 the flour :cake eating:

Edited by Favs, 21 May 2020 - 08:40 pm.

#177 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:51 pm

:good:

#178 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:19 pm

Attached File  IMG_20200710_201255.jpg   73.74KB   0 downloads

Courgette and lime... Sounds wrong but taste so right.

#179 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:31 pm

Attached File  BC803426-F2E6-4181-8B4A-F10DF5996F4E.jpeg   144.11KB   0 downloads

Kentucky Derby Pie in the oven (one of a big batch for a catering gig tomorrow. It’s essentially a choc and walnut tart in a pastry case with a double shot of Jim Beam Pre Prohibition Bourbon in each one. 

LCErj.jpg

#180 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:40 pm

Yum :cake eating: