#21 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:12 pm

Probably not a dirty sensor, since it is magnetic. But, it does sound like a faulty ABS sensor, or sensor wiring. Also, check that it isn't loose.

+1.

On an 11 year old bike I would at least open and remake every connector. The false speed reading suggests the ECU thinks the sensor is reading pulses from the wheel indentations (which is what happens when the wheel rotates) but actually it could be the sensor connectors making/breaking rapidly, or even picking up some electrical noise from somewhere.

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#22 Borisimov1

Borisimov1

arrived on last train

• 1 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:21 pm

I had exactly the same problem as described in the original post, with the added bonus of the rear brake pulsing /abs activating even at very low speed with no slipping. I decided to bite the bullet and get a new rear sensor and second hand sensor housing,as the sensor was completely seized due to corrosion.the new sensor has completely cured the problem.
It is an annoying expense,but worth it just for peace of mind.

#23 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:20 pm

Just highjacking this one. How about no ABS warning light on but the rear locking up regularly. Not overly bothered but is simply wrong. Needs attention.
Bike is 06

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users