#21 Riggers

Riggers

Carpe Addict

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:15 am

Sorry guys, I went out trail riding in Malaga with my younger (and much fitter) son in law and his mate. Buggered my neck up when I shimmied down a steep incline on a 250 Fantic Enduro that wasn't really set up for me, and didn't quite make it. Fortunately a bit of crick and crack from a good Chiro and several massages later and I'm back to normal again (almost)

Now, where was I --- oh yeah, just N/W of London in 1954 ----- WTF! How did I get there?

To be continued shortly .............................................

Hope you're feeling better Toddyboy. Any progress with the next chapter? 

Riggers

#22 Apache

Apache

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:55 am

Premature ejaculation ?

#23 toddyboy

toddyboy

sticking around

• 35 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:53 pm

Chapter 5

Tina handed the steaming hot cup of tea to me. 

I took a sip. It was all coming back to me now. I’d ridden from the Busy Bee to Hunton Bridge with her on the back, parked the TDM in the back garden of her house and then crashed out on the sofa in her living room. The narrow escape from the cops, the chase through the night and the subsequent crash had just been a dream, or a nightmare more like. Jeez, thank God for that.

“Feelin’ better now?” Tina asked.

“A bit yeah. Thanks for putting me up and sorry I was so unsociable last night. I must have been pretty tired,” I replied. I tried to sound as natural as I could under the circumstances but that dream was so real that I could feel the sweat drying on my forehead. I looked at my watch. Then I did a double take - it was going backwards! Jesus Christ. What the fuck was happening here? 

“Well, it’s a long way from Gibraltar, Toddyboy,” Tina smirked, and I could tell from the tone of her voice she hadn’t believed a word of what I’d told the cops and her at the Busy Bee the night previously.

I sat there on that manky old sofa looking up at her standing in front of me with her hands on her lithe hips, her head cocked to one side, tongue in cheek. A pose that basically meant ‘pull the other one.’

She didn’t know it but I was as much in the dark as she was. I had no idea what was going on. However, this girl was the only person who had stepped up and helped me. I was indebted to her in a way for befriending me but I was well aware that I wasn’t going to get away for much longer without divulging something. But how was I going to explain my bizarre predicament. I decided there was only one way to do it - tell her the truth, and I was about to confess when I was interrupted by something that really lit the touch paper. From inside my leather jacket came an eerily familiar sound. 

“Wossat noise?” Tina said.

Holy shit! My phone, it was ringing. How? I reached for my jacket which was draped over a chair. I fumbled around inside it and pulled it out. Hand trembling, I answered.

There was a lot of background noise and interference but I could hear someone speaking - just. 

“Mr Todd. Is that you Mr Todd?” Came a gravelly voice. He had an American accent too if I wasn’t mistaken.

“Yes, it’s me. Who is this?” I rasped.

“My God! Thank God,” the caller exclaimed. Now listen to me very carefully Mr Todd and do exactly as I say ….”

“No! You listen to me,” I blurted out. “Who the hell are you and how can you possibly be calling me?”

The caller was blunt and to the point. “We are transmitting to you through the VHF radio bandwidth. Fortunately your smartphone has a built in radio receiver. Tell me, is it charged?”

I quickly took the phone from my ear and checked the battery readout. It was showing 1%. “No, it’s nearly dead,” I replied.

“Who’s nearly dead?” Tina butted in. 

In the panic of the moment I’d forgotten she was in the room. I put my hand up to indicate she be quiet which didn’t help much.

“Do you have any means to recharge it?” asked the caller.

I thought about that for a second. I did! I had a 12V cigar lighter charger hooked up to the battery on my bike with a USB charger cable in the back box. Instinctively, I got up and headed towards the door but Tina stood in my way. 

“What is that thing you’re holding there - who the bloody ‘ell are you talking to?” She asked.

“Good, very good! Get your phone charged as soon as possible,” said the guy on the phone. “Now listen carefully,” he continued. “You are in grave danger. You need to go to ………” The dialogue ended mid sentence as the phone battery died.

Shit! I looked desperately at the dead phone, then at Tina. “Where’d you say my bike was?”

“Out in the back garden where you parked it. Woss goin’ on Tod? Wot is that thing - Who’s dying?” she asked.

“I need to charge my phone!” was all I could utter in response, pushing passed her and heading through the dimly lit narrow hallway towards the back of the house, with her hot on my heels. 

The TDM was indeed in the back yard, right where I’d left it leaning on its side stand. Just seeing it brought some relief to the mental turmoil I was going through. I fumbled around in my pockets for the keys, opened the back box and hooked the phone up to the charger cable. The phone was dead as a door nail but the charger lit up indicating it was working. Then I quickly shut the box lid, caught my breath and looked up to see Tina leaning against the frame of the back door with her arms folded and her head cocked to one side again.  

“You going to tell me what’s going on wiv you or what?” She scowled. 

Well, here goes nuffink, I thought. “If you really want to know, I’m from the future!” I announced.

There was a brief moment of silence as she digested what she’d just heard.

“The future?" She chuckled, her alarmed look transforming into a churlish grin. 

“That’s right,” I said, “2018 to be precise,” and without further preamble I launched into the whole story of how I’d been caught in a storm while riding back home from the Ace Cafe, got hit by lightning and ended up in 1954 along with my bike and with the body of an eighteen year old. 

When I’d finished she just stood there, looking at me intently as if she were sizing me up for a straight jacket. “And you expect me to believe that?” she chided.

I just shrugged. I didn’t really, but it was the truth and I couldn’t think of any other way of explaining it.

“If this is a chat up line it’s the weirdest one I’ve heard yet,” she crooned. 

Chat up line! Jesus. I never could figure out how a female’s mind worked and probably never would. 

Then she did something that took me even more by surprise. She sidled up and kissed me full on the lips. Now, it’d been a while since I’d kissed a teenage girl. About forty years or so by my reckoning and I have to admit she caught me off balance. It was a surreal moment, though with all the things that had occurred in the past twenty four hours this was about the most real thing that I’d experienced. The fact that I was, well, once was, sixty years old, married with kids and grandkids somehow got overlooked in the heat of the moment. Her lips were full and luscious. Her body was lean and supple and as I grasped her and drew her nearer my cock was so hard it felt like it might break off. Jeez. I hadn’t felt as horny as this since I could remember! Was this really happening? My breathing became erratic as my hand reached under her shirt ……. 

A door slammed shut. Someone had come in through the front door!

Tina abruptly pulled away from me, short of breath and face flushed. “Mum’s back from work. She does nightshift at Apsley Mills. Whatever you do, don’t tell her you slept here last night,” she warned.

I’d completely forgotten all about the fact that anyone else might live here. 

Tina rushed back inside the house and I could hear her talking to someone. Then she came out again with an older woman in tow. The resemblance was obvious. “This is Tod, Mum. He’s a friend of mine I met at the Bee last night,” she explained, as if nothing unusual had happened.

Her Mum had nice, if tired eyes and I swear she looked familiar though for the life of me I couldn’t figure out why. 

“Nice to meet you Tod. You’re not from around here are you?” She questioned.

“Er, no. Not, not really,” I answered furtively.

The woman looked at me, then sideways at her rosy cheeked daughter. 

“Actually, we’re off out now Mum,” Tina announced, giving me a sly sideways glance.

“Where’s your bike, Tina?” her Mum asked.

“Oh, it broke down last night. Tod’s going to take me back to the Cafe to fix it. That’s why he’s here - to give me a lift,” Tina lied.

“Oh I see,” said her Mum sagely. “Jed not about then?” 

“Er, no. Jed’s working today Mum.”

Her Mum raised an eyebrow. “What, on a Saturday. That’s not like him!” She said, questioningly. This woman hadn’t just come down with the last rainfall. She knew what was going on and Tina knew she knew it too.

“Anyway, were off now. See you later,” Tina urged, scuttling away. “I’ll just grab me helmet and jacket, Tod. Won’t be a mo.” And with that she disappeared inside the house, leaving me and her Mum alone for a few tense moments

“Unusual bike you got there, Tod,” her Mum remarked to me as she peered inquisitively over my shoulder at the bright yellow and grey bodywork of the TDM.

I was about to conjure up a bullshit answer to that leading question when Tina came bounding out of the back door all kitted up and holding my crash helmet in her hands. “See ya Mum,” she said again as she hurriedly ushered me out, bike ’n all through the back gate and onto the Street.

I straddled the bike and flicked the ignition switch on. Tina jumped on the back. “Where do you want to go?” I asked.

“Stevenage. To see someone. He’ll know what to do,” she replied. “You know how to get there from here?”

I nodded, fired the TDM up, clicked her into first gear and we set off back in the direction of the Busy Bee Cafe.

To be continued ........................................

Edited by toddyboy, 23 November 2018 - 08:15 am.

#24 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:49 pm

:good:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#25 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 16,329 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:33 pm

I was at the busy bee cafe last Satdi. :D  On the A1 southbound.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#26 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 2,878 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:08 pm

???? hanging?????

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....   qrcode.png

Rules & Registration

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#27 Robodene

Robodene

has been here 4ever

• 1,186 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:19 pm

This one is on the A41 - Watford bypass. Glad you're writing fit again.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#28 Oafski

Oafski

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 12:39 pm

Plus one! lovin' it.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

"Lags Droopfinger" The Biking Viking

OCD- Old Coffin Dodger

#29 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,813 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 23 November 2018 - 07:58 am

+2

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#30 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:18 pm

+3

#31 Robodene

Robodene

has been here 4ever

• 1,186 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:58 pm

+4
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#32 drew

drew

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 56 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:32 pm

really looking forward to the next chapter. :signthankspin:

#33 Robodene

Robodene

has been here 4ever

• 1,186 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:06 pm

Me too

#34 Oafski

Oafski

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:16 am

New Year, New Chapter PLEEEEZZE!

"No good deed goes unpunished"

"Lags Droopfinger" The Biking Viking

OCD- Old Coffin Dodger