#21 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:07 pm

OK guys, put it down to a brain fart in an old guy with kids and the world spinning too fast, eh?

Not at all, gets people talking.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#22 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:55 pm

I don't facebook or twitter , after a work mate tells me he has 600 friends in face book!!!!(he owns a zx6 ffs)and he tells me some of the shite on there, much the same as yammer , so I get all the the techy bits on here plus what other site has a jbx type section :good:

#23 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:31 pm

I think the forum has been quiet because we've all been out on our bikes for the summer - touring, day trips out, or just out on yer own.

Now the nights are drawing in & the clocks go back soon - everyone will be back in their garages & in front of the fire on their lappys - so most bike forums will start to get busier again.

Must admit, I've not been on much this year due to me building an extension on the house - so I've been hanging doors instead of out on bikes 

Still managed to get 3 European trips in though   :badgerrock:  - so will probably do some reports over the winter  :good:

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#24 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:56 pm

I think Pict makes a fair point though. As part of my retirement present to myself I wanted to buy a new TDM. As Yamaha have decided they know best and have discontinued the machine then I cannot go to my Yam dealer and buy one but I can buy an MT-09 and would have done so by now if people hadn't started going on about a TDMT-09 which made me put everything on hold. I wouldn't want to feel I was not able to participate in this, the best motorcycle site (IMHO) on the web if I went and swopped my Niner for something a bit more modern. So for me "TDM and its descendants" would get my vote.

And I'd also like to echo the comments regarding the hard work put in by a number of you to make this site the success it has become, well done and thank you.

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#25 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:57 pm

I think Pict makes a fair point though. As part of my retirement present to myself I wanted to buy a new TDM. As Yamaha have decided they know best and have discontinued the machine then I cannot go to my Yam dealer and buy one but I can buy an MT-09 and would have done so by now if people hadn't started going on about a TDMT-09 which made me put everything on hold. I wouldn't want to feel I was not able to participate in this, the best motorcycle site (IMHO) on the web if I went and swopped my Niner for something a bit more modern. So for me "TDM and its descendants" would get my vote.

And I'd also like to echo the comments regarding the hard work put in by a number of you to make this site the success it has become, well done and thank you.

Well if you want Adventure MT09 you won't have long to wait now, it's going to be unveiled in November at the Milan show. 

http://www.carpe-tdm...=30710&p=305480

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#26 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:04 pm

My TDM is nearly 12 years old now, still looks good and is well kept. I'm on 27k so at the rate I ride there must be another ten years in her at least. By the time it wears out it will be a classic.  :)

I've had my head turned in the past I'll admit, even trying out a BM fookin' W, but somehow nothing new out there seems to tick all the boxes for me. The XTZ1200 would tick boxes if it was sub 200 kg dry and cost... oh much less.

There is nowhere on the net that has a forum like us, that is why the riders of lesser bikes like BM fookin' W's still stay here.

Long may it continue.

Age of the bike is not very important to me, mechanical perfection is.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users