#1 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:24 pm

Hello everybody,

Sorry I haven't shown up recently but I have been a bit preoccupied with my health.I hope this posting will hold interest to members and be seen as an opportunity to experience another form of biking as enjoyable as riding on two wheels. I am having to sell the trike which has been central to my life. Details of the present sale terms can be found at www.backstreetheroes.com

In 2006 a brand new TDM900 was purchased in south Wales and submitted to Hank at Trike Design in Caerphilly(formally one half of Hank's Chop Shop) with the over-riding request that it should retain bike-like handling. It was first licenced in March 2007. On the road handling has been excellent; there is little or non of the instability experienced with other trikes. Conveniently the front forks/yokes required no modification. It is comfortable on long distances and is bike -like as requested by the original owner .Fuel consumption is still good (averaging over 60mpg) despite increasing the weight and oil consumption is minimal as with the original TDM. The "frisky" (Trike design description) performance proves that the 900 engine has no problem carrying extra weight and responding rapidly when necessary. The Conti front tyre replacement has worked well in wet and dry conditions and the tread has lasted well, starting at 7mm. The high intensity riding lights inspire confidence at night. The whole construction makes for pleasurable riding. As with all trikes further modifications are always possible.

Hank was pleased with the conversion and inspired to build a second one for his own catalogue, so likely only two of these exist.

I could put more details here but my writing these days is limited. Do message if you want more details. Sorry,no test rides as my insurance precludes any one else riding the trike.

The whole trike experience has been good fun, Hope to see folk sometime.

Pict

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#2 Oafski

Oafski

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 141 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:30 pm

So sorry to hear this, I had the pleasure of meeting you at a show a few years ago and was very impressed with the Trike. Good luck with the sale, whoever buys it will be getting a super bit of kit.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

"Lags Droopfinger" The Biking Viking

OCD- Old Coffin Dodger

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:27 pm

Very true Oafski and it can haul as well, had Pict following us after Moosey's funeral, it's a good choice if somebody is in need of a 3rd wheel glws Pict.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:28 pm

Good to hear from you after all this time Ian, and sorry that it's to sell the trike. Everytime I trip over the gate stop in the middle of the drive, I remember how close it was to your rear axle!! Happy days...Good luck with the sale and hope you can drop drop by carpe now and again.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#5 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:28 pm

Pete you'll be needing one soon mucka :D :D  no time like the present :wub:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:32 pm

Waiting for that Cliff.....boost me ego why dontcha!! Nice in it's own right tho'.....could even get the missus on it....nah..

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#7 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:37 pm

Waiting for that Cliff.....boost me ego why dontcha!! Nice in it's own right tho'.....could even get the missus on it....nah..

Aw i'm only having a jangle Pete, could'nt resist seeing you online......luv you really :wub:

#8 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:55 pm

Good to hear from you all. Please keep in touch; kettle on if you are passing.

I meant to say that price on "Back Street Heroes" open to offers.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#9 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:32 pm

Hi Ian, good to hear from you. Last time I saw you and the trike was at one of my fettle days several years ago. Sorry you are having to part with the trike. Take care.

Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#10 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:30 pm

Aw i'm only having a jangle Pete, could'nt resist seeing you online......luv you really :wub:

I know I know, but you know I'm delicate and occasionally over sensitive...wub you wots and wots...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users