8 replies to this topic

#1 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:24 pm

Fortunately the toughest part of the year is about to end...

Edited by JBX, 16 April 2018 - 07:25 pm.

top_640.png

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:31 pm

Oh you lucky man you, i had the pleasure of doing that most days in winter when in europe land, been 20 years now since i last went on a mountain, think i might crash now :huh:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:21 am

My ski training consisted of being taken to the top of the intermediate slope at Wachesett, New England, by an ex marine and an Alpine born Frenchman who only said to me "Don't go straight down the middle or you will go too fast, slow yourself down by turning side to side"....and then they pushed me off.

They hadn't told me *how* to turn, so with the kink in the slope fast approaching and a speed I estimated to be about 50mph I decided to give up , and bail out, and crash down.  When I stopped sliding down the hill on my face they both appeared out of nowhere laughing their arses off.

As well as skis and poles I was only wearing jeans and a casual jacket which they assured me would be 'absolutely fine'

By the end of the day, after 6 runs, with soaking frozen jeans, a casual jacket with pockets full of snow and icicles hanging off my eyebrows, I'm sure i showed everyone it was no big deal as I mangled my way down to the bottom with confidence.

To get my own back, I drove the V6 engined minivan we used, sideways, and very close to the steep edge of the icy road, all the way to the bottom of the hill to reach the main road, at which point a very pale Frenchman said "okay, okay, I'm sorry", as he pulled his fingernails out of the plastic of the dashboard he had just been clinging on to for dear life :)

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:27 am

Mountains like that allus make me wanna yodel for some reason. :) Yodel-eh-heee-oooooh. :D

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:05 pm

The things a crazy Frenchman will do to ketchup with a jar of mint jelly he dropped at the top.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:48 pm

No.

You should rather consider this video is picturing a case of emergency : a jar of mint jelly was found near the summit and we skier had to escape on the slopes around while the decontamination team was on the way.

Edited by JBX, 17 April 2018 - 06:57 pm.

top_640.png

#7 Hombre

Hombre

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:10 pm

What tyres do you have?

<p>BSA C15T, Ducati 200 Elite, Villiers Cub Trials Bitsa, Ariel Huntmaster, AJS 650 CSR, Sunbeam S7, Suzuki 650 Katana, Honda 400-4, Bultaco 350 Sherpa, Cotton Minarelli, Fantic 303, Yamaha SRX 400, Yamaha 550 Virago, Kawasaki ZZR 1100,  Fantic 305, Yamaha TDM 850 '91, Yamaha TDM 900 '04.  Ducati 200 Elite (again and now completed restoration), Yamaha SRX-600

#8 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:29 am

What tyres do you have?

Slicks, of course 

Bjørge

#9 JBX