#241 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:14 pm

You wouldn't want to even dare to mount the parts....fear of scratches, and if you do dare, the bike won't ever make it out of your living room!
Bjørge

#242 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,744 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:45 pm

Living room  :huh:  it's in the bedroom :D

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#243 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:15 pm

Anthracite ?  Nice colour, hope it all works when the bikes' back together. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#244 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:20 pm

If it don't work its make a beautiful ornament.

I am sure puttin it all back together is gonna give you a warm fluffy and slightly pants poopy feeling dabbers.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#245 dablik

dablik

• 10,744 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:56 pm

Anthracite ?  Nice colour, hope it all works when the bikes' back together. :good:

Lot's of faith then :huh:

If it don't work its make a beautiful ornament.

I am sure puttin it all back together is gonna give you a warm fluffy and slightly pants poopy feeling dabbers.

More poopy pants me thinks :unsure2:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#246 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:14 pm

Coming along nicely fella, I'll have to call up for a nose

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#247 dablik

dablik

• 10,744 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:16 pm

Come on, i could do with picking ya brains a bit.

#248 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:05 am

Lot's of faith then :huh:

More poopy pants me thinks :unsure2:

Well, after the 1hr discussion we had on the phone about colour schemes, I think we both know how difficult it is to envisage how it will look as a whole when you're painting parts separately.  My comment was sincere and genuine.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#249 dablik

dablik

• 10,744 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:53 am

Well, after the 1hr discussion we had on the phone about colour schemes, I think we both know how difficult it is to envisage how it will look as a whole when you're painting parts separately.  My comment was sincere and genuine.

Oh yes i agree about that, however you also know wot a stubborn arse i am as well, so if it dont look right it will get done again, i'm not looking to create a show model specimen but i'm after clean and fresh, even when it's back together i dare say i'll have more little bit's to sort along the way, have a little "more" faith mucka :wub:

#250 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:05 am

Well, after the 1hr discussion we had on the phone about colour schemes,

The inner 9er bhoyo is strong in this one.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#251 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:01 pm

Ha ha they left theyselves open to that comment!

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#252 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:28 pm

Me too! me too! Get the cake in......
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#253 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:06 pm

Oh yes i agree about that, however you also know wot a stubborn arse i am as well, so if it dont look right it will get done again, i'm not looking to create a show model specimen but i'm after clean and fresh, even when it's back together i dare say i'll have more little bit's to sort along the way, have a little "more" faith mucka :wub:

Ok, message understood.

#254 dablik

dablik

• 10,744 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:44 pm

Sticks and stones :P

Me too! me too! Get the cake in......

You think i have time to get cake in Pete :lol: your welcome to pop along, only bits to see just now..

#255 dablik

dablik

• 10,744 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:37 pm

Decided to have another try to measure the big end oil clearance today, made up a doohickey to hold it but really everything would need to be bolted down tight for the torque needed on them nuts, had me neighbour holding on for dear life trying to measure but ended up smearing the plastigauge, impossible to keep it still so that'll be another job needs sorting in the shop then..

Attached File  20190721_144905.jpg   146.43KB   0 downloads

Me bearings are a bit worn eh

Attached File  20190721_152353.jpg   128.75KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190721_153100.jpg   123.82KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190721_153106.jpg   126.41KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190721_153113.jpg   108.61KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190721_153126.jpg   107.36KB   0 downloads

Had a bit of powder coat cleaning up to do so i could fit the discs on the wheels, all new bearings in today..

Attached File  20190721_182429.jpg   135.37KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190720_172402.jpg   202.73KB   0 downloads

All to come off again for tarting up when the tyres are on, run out of space inside the house for storage now.

#256 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:45 pm

Them shells have done their job.

Have you got plastigaugerage?

#257 dablik

dablik

• 10,744 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:53 pm

Yup got plastigauge daps, bought 2 sizes for mains and big ends, the shop can do it now, i guess they will measure the journal and big end, do some math to get the clearance, then the fun begins sorting the bearings, no one knows bearings sizes, not across the www  :)  some good guestimates about though..

#258 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:14 pm

s <--- you forgot this

Ermmmm I spoke to yam about burring sizes....again colour coding should finish after primary skoo....JUST TELL US THE SIZES lolzio..... Thought I got somewhere with yam and posted info somewhere...hmmm[/quote]

#259 dablik

dablik

• 10,744 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:45 pm

Some info on Trx forum but only posted as "examples" but seem to make sense and i have the impression the poster knows is onions, found other info on a jetski site but the measurements were a bit arbitary so moved on, another old post i found stated VW Polo vintage 1977 bearings fit ?!?!!?!!

I'll replace main bearings with the colours i have as the clearance is still in spec, check em with the new ones and go from there..

Not come across any info you posted about the actual sizes/increments......Yet.

#260 dablik

dablik

• 10,744 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:30 pm

Went and made a cupla gaskets, top case cover a roight fiddly diidly one to make.

Attached File  20190721_221719.jpg   125.87KB   0 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)