• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 b10m

b10m

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:29 am

I keep getting some site which is titled "motomaniac" but nothing else. ohmy.gif

I have a feeling that it is the servers site altho I can't know really.

Anyway, stuff it I go for a ride in the brilliant sunshine that we are having here, and worry about it later.

kin-hell, did you see that.?

#2 b10m

b10m

arrived on last train

• 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:16 am

Just had another look and we seem to begetting a site called
Welcome to brisksearch.com.

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:34 am

That doesn't sound so good. Tony will know about the TRX site, he is in Scotland but oim sure he will have some thoughts on this when he returns.

Waz the web addy for the TRX site?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 duibhce Kaelann

duibhce Kaelann

has been here 4ever

• 1,147 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:09 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sat 11th Sep 2010, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Waz the web addy for the TRX site?

http://trx850.motomaniac.net
Yamaha XJ600S Diversion '94
Yamaha XJ900S Diversion '97
Suzuki SV650S '01
Yamaha TDM900 '04

Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré '08 + Yamaha TRX850 '97

I'll let go of my throttle when they pry it from my cold, dead hands...

#5 b10m

b10m

arrived on last train

• 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:09 am

QUOTE(duibhce Kaelann @ Sat 11th Sep 2010, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep thats it, I remember we had this come up once before, same site came up, but I cannot remember what the fix was, dry.gif I would imagine Jak wub.gif will be here soon so maybe all will be revealed.

#6 JakTRX

JakTRX

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:11 pm

Finally found my log-in details for this place (my recently dead laptop had all my bookmarks on!!!)

Yep the forum's down and it may take a few more days to fix the problem. I'll update on this thread - and I'd be grateful if you'd pass the message to any of the other forum guys if you have their email addresses.

Fingers crossed we'll be back home again soon blink.gif

#7 EmVee

EmVee

arrived on last train

• 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:48 pm

QUOTE(JakTRX @ Tue 14th Sep 2010, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally found my log-in details for this place (my recently dead laptop had all my bookmarks on!!!)

Yep the forum's down and it may take a few more days to fix the problem. I'll update on this thread - and I'd be grateful if you'd pass the message to any of the other forum guys if you have their email addresses.

Hello Jak, it's MV from the TRX forum, can you send me a pm with your paypal deets again please?

Cheers!

#8 b10m

b10m

arrived on last train

• 7 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:10 am

QUOTE(JakTRX @ Tue 14th Sep 2010, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jak, good to hear from you. ekoja here.

#9 JakTRX

JakTRX

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:49 pm

Hi MV/ekoja smile.gif

More news on the TRX forum tomorrow I hope

#10 JakTRX

JakTRX

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:20 pm

OK after some rather major problems with the webhost, I've had to set up a (hopefully temporary) forum ...

www.trx850.freeforums.org

Please head on over there and sign up ... and also pass this message on to any other TRXer you have contact details for.

Jak
TRX Forum Admin

#11 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:56 pm

I can't get in with my current username and password. tdown.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#12 JakTRX

JakTRX

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:59 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Thu 16th Sep 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't get in with my current username and password. tdown.gif

As it's a completely new forum you'll have to register - we're all newbies again blush.gif

#13 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:03 pm

QUOTE(JakTRX @ Thu 16th Sep 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As it's a completely new forum you'll have to register - we're all newbies again blush.gif

Jak, if you have a backup of the old site i may be able to get you something up and running with the old content on a new web address
PM me if thats any use and i'll check up on it in the morning

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#14 JakTRX

JakTRX

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:56 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 16th Sep 2010, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jak, if you have a backup of the old site i may be able to get you something up and running with the old content on a new web address
PM me if thats any use and i'll check up on it in the morning

Thanks Tony - I may ask for your advice when it comes to that. For now I'll stick with the freeforum although it's not perfect, if the old forum stays dead then I'll get round to setting up a permanent forum. I've had a look round at hosts already - any recommendations?

#15 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:39 pm

QUOTE(JakTRX @ Fri 17th Sep 2010, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Tony - I may ask for your advice when it comes to that. For now I'll stick with the freeforum although it's not perfect, if the old forum stays dead then I'll get round to setting up a permanent forum. I've had a look round at hosts already - any recommendations?

Yes but I'm biased lol
Lemme see what my guys can do it for.....

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#16 JakTRX

JakTRX

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:58 am

The main site is working again .... *phew*

yahoo.gif

#17 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:37 pm

Whoop whoop. good.gif

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#18 b10m

b10m

arrived on last train

• 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:16 am

Hi ekoja here from the TRX forum. which by the way,  is  down again,

I used this forum the last time it went down as a lifeline forum. I wonder if Jak from our TRX850 forum has logged onto here?

#19 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:12 am

Heya ekoja

I have emailed jak with a linky dink to this thread. If we can do oubt else just lettuce snow.

#20 b10m

b10m

arrived on last train

• 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:27 am

Thanks a lot.

I miss it already.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users