#1 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:55 am

Are there any members living/working near Stourport-on-Severn who would be able to look at a motorhome for me?

There would be absolutely no onus on the member making a decision on my behalf, just to cast an eye over a low mileage Lunar Telstar at Worcester Road Motors, Worcester Rd DY13 9AS.

I've looked at the premises on Google Earth and it's a bit "back street" but the van appears to be a good one. I'm speaking to the garage this afternoon for further information.

PM me if you're able to help - thanks in anticipation, Alan

http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#2 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:05 am

Alan,

I live in Bromsgrove so Stourport no problem, except that I'm in Devon all this week. What is you time limit?

Richard

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#3 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:26 pm

Alan,

I live in Bromsgrove so Stourport no problem, except that I'm in Devon all this week. What is you time limit?

Richard

Sorry, I missed your post Richard - didn't come up as a notification.

Job done, this is what a forum is all about. RogerD got in touch and offered to go and see the van. He's also owned motorhomes in the past and had a good idea of what I was wanting him to look out for.
He spent around 40 minutes on the phone to me from inside and outside the van and gave a hugely detailed account of it's condition. He also found out that it had a timing belt change last year at 10,000 miles (the van is 6 years old) and a full service history.

Many thanks Roger and thanks for getting in touch Richard - we took a flight down yesterday and drove it back to Edinburgh in the afternoon. It's a really good, well looked after van which I couldn't have picked up without you guys help

Attached Files

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#4 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,446 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:25 am

Sorry, I missed your post Richard - didn't come up as a notification.

Job done, this is what a forum is all about. RogerD got in touch and offered to go and see the van. He's also owned motorhomes in the past and had a good idea of what I was wanting him to look out for.
He spent around 40 minutes on the phone to me from inside and outside the van and gave a hugely detailed account of it's condition. He also found out that it had a timing belt change last year at 10,000 miles (the van is 6 years old) and a full service history.

Many thanks Roger and thanks for getting in touch Richard - we took a flight down yesterday and drove it back to Edinburgh in the afternoon. It's a really good, well looked after van which I couldn't have picked up without you guys help

Looks very nice indeed.

Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#5 RogerD

RogerD

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:59 am

Glad it all worked out OK Alan, and you are more than welcome. Hope you had a good trip back to Edinburgh. Any thoughts on those tyres?

Hope you have a great season in the motorhome.

Roger

Roger

2004 Silver TDM 900, Scorpion cans, MRA screen, Heated Grips, Piramid Fender Extenda. Mitchelin PR3's, Oxford Soft luggage.  Now living with Sidestand

2015 BMW R1200GS , in Frost Blue, Adventure screen, cruise control, quickshifter, heated grips, ESA , BM panniers but Givi topbox.                                                          

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:08 am

Noice wan wee wan and wodger. 

Enjoy the new van Dandy.....very jealous...miss mine.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#7 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:42 pm

Looking forward to seeing that :)

Stu

#8 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:21 pm

Glad it all worked out OK Alan, and you are more than welcome. Hope you had a good trip back to Edinburgh. Any thoughts on those tyres?

Hope you have a great season in the motorhome.

Roger

Tyres surprisingly ok - the last 20 miles were during a snowstorm on unsalted roads and had no moments.

Even the van has only covered 10,000 miles from new, the previous owner had the tyres changed from Michelin XC Campers to LInglong - a tyre I'd never heard of and I can only assume the originals were beginning to crack with such little use. I negotiated a price when buying the van on the premise that I'd be ditching the Linglongs as soon as possible but apart from a "dead" feeling driving straight ahead at 70 mph they were fine, albeit a bit noisy. Thinking about it, I might have had the tyres at around 12 psi lower than stock - that may have contributed to the "dead weave" I'll pump them up and try again  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users