Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 19 January 2021 - 02:14 pm

Ford Fiesta 07 think it's MK5

Anyway sure its a generic code which is

P0300 HO2 Bank sensor 1 1 Heater Circuit, the code cleared even though my Diag tool showed Erase/Fail, car started numerous times with no return until I filled up today, air escaping when I removed the fuel cap, light on again and same code, cleared code, light gone, fuel cap off,light on,now cleared light again, will see if it comes back this week.

Also DIAG tool showed 1/2 faults this time the 2nd being P0300 P and can't find any reference to that ??

So I know the code is only an acknowledgement of an issue and won't necessarily need a new O2 sensor, typically the cars due it's mot in the next 8 days, any thoughts or am gonna have to bite the bullet and have a Diag test at mot time, EML is an mot fail..

Could it simply be a naff fuel cap with a pressurised system!!

Prolly all a bit complex innit..

Edit...actually I just thought either way it's gonna have an emissions test at mot so if there is an issue then it will need a Diagnostic check anyway won't it.

Edited by dablik, 19 January 2021 - 02:19 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#2 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:34 pm

What happens if you clear the code? Does it come back right away or after a while. I had a warning on my car and I cleared it before taking for MOT. It passed.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#3 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 05:42 pm

Code goes away but reappeared after removing the fuel cap, now cleared again but sure it's still in the data somewhere, my hope is to keep it clear for mot and sort after at a much reduced cost, my mechanic is great but feels responsible so would only replace with Ford parts which is expensive, if needed of course.

No time to sort elsewhere before mot due to work..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 19 January 2021 - 07:47 pm

P0300 is a misfire code. Where did you get your info?

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#5 steve27bha

steve27bha

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 20 January 2021 - 12:23 am

OBD2 codes here:- https://www.obdadvis...lar-obd2-codes/

If you scroll down just below half way there is

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

followed by Symptoms, and Causes.

No mention of the P and H you quote, or of pressurised fuel tank.

I don't understand why a fuel tank would be pressurised - or how. Could it be a partial vacuum? - I expect you hear air moving, but could it be going in? Howzabout the vent in the fuel cap / tank being blocked and fuel use creating a vacuum?

Any info on a Fiesta owners site?

Edited by steve27bha, 20 January 2021 - 12:24 am.

TDM900A 2008/09 in use, with     gallery_179098_391_770.jpg sml_gallery_179098_391_1145.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1206.jpg gallery_179098_391_253.jpg gallery_179098_391_82.jpg gallery_179098_391_725.gif gallery_179098_391_797.jpg gallery_179098_391_1396.jpg gallery_179098_391_501.jpg gallery_179098_391_316.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1768.jpg gallery_179098_391_106.jpggallery_179098_391_2170.jpg gallery_179098_391_1373.jpg

CBX750FE in reserve; Cagiva N90 125 now rebuilt & in use.

#6 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:44 am

oh yes, not unusual to have a bit of a rush of air when the cap is taken off. Tanks are sealed now in case of accidents. They're vented to the inlet manifold via an electric valve.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#7 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:23 pm

P0300 is a misfire code. Where did you get your info?

Cheers Dave, Steve also, sorry chaps bloody typo using tablet (or senility) the code is actually P0030 which i have from a basic diagnostic tool, just thought the rush of air was a bit more windy if you like  :) and then the EML came on again directly after at start up..

OBD2 codes here:- https://www.obdadvis...lar-obd2-codes/

If you scroll down just below half way there is

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

followed by Symptoms, and Causes.

No mention of the P and H you quote, or of pressurised fuel tank.

I don't understand why a fuel tank would be pressurised - or how. Could it be a partial vacuum? - I expect you hear air moving, but could it be going in? Howzabout the vent in the fuel cap / tank being blocked and fuel use creating a vacuum?

Any info on a Fiesta owners site?

As above Steve wrong code, yep been having a good browse of the internet on the Ford forum especially, a few posts mention the fuel cap issue and i put 2 n 2 together but likely it's just coincidental.

Incidentally i went over to book in for mot tomorrow and had a word, me jaw dropped when he said " i would'nt be concerned about it"

He told me he had changed bank 1 and 2 sensors along with a catalyser and the light still showed on a number of cars, he will clear it tomorrow and unless summit obvious pops up i'll continue to use it...

So i suppose if it comes back on and does'nt flash i'll use it, car seems to be running fine with it on, if i should start having erratic running or high fuel consumption then it will have to go back in as i think prolonged use will knacker the cat..

Dunno how difficult access is at the roadside to check wiring etc..

Edited by dablik, 21 January 2021 - 01:35 pm.

#8 steve27bha

steve27bha

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:51 pm

I didn't know what a HO2S is so googled and got a very useful-looking page of check / fix info here:- https://www.autoblog...s/?guccounter=1

TDM900A 2008/09 in use, with     gallery_179098_391_770.jpg sml_gallery_179098_391_1145.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1206.jpg gallery_179098_391_253.jpg gallery_179098_391_82.jpg gallery_179098_391_725.gif gallery_179098_391_797.jpg gallery_179098_391_1396.jpg gallery_179098_391_501.jpg gallery_179098_391_316.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1768.jpg gallery_179098_391_106.jpggallery_179098_391_2170.jpg gallery_179098_391_1373.jpg

CBX750FE in reserve; Cagiva N90 125 now rebuilt & in use.

#9 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:00 pm

I didn't know what a HO2S is so googled and got a very useful-looking page of check / fix info here:- https://www.autoblog...s/?guccounter=1

Thanks Steve, had a quick scan and bookmarked for a proper perusal a little later, it does mention stuff i've come across and i would like to check the wiring when i have time, interestingly the car is commonly used for 10 mile round trip down the motorway but also was sat for 3 weeks while used the other car and on holiday, batteries a bit low so wonder if lack of use, cold weather and infrequent use had created the problem.. it can often be unused for awhile...

#10 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:54 pm

The heater circuit isn't the most important part of the sensor. It gets it up to operating temp faster.
Don't get cheap crap off ebay. Most motofactors will be able to get NTK, made by NGK. Prob about £60.
It's normally the post sensor that looses the circuit most.

Thanks Steve, had a quick scan and bookmarked for a proper perusal a little later, it does mention stuff i've come across and i would like to check the wiring when i have time, interestingly the car is commonly used for 10 mile round trip down the motorway but also was sat for 3 weeks while used the other car and on holiday, batteries a bit low so wonder if lack of use, cold weather and infrequent use had created the problem.. it can often be unused for awhile...

Put your meter between the 2 white wires on the sensor, hopefully it'll show an open circuit.
Sometimes they lose the circuit at a certain temp so make it a prob to confirm.
Have fun.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#11 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:09 pm

The heater circuit isn't the most important part of the sensor. It gets it up to operating temp faster.
Don't get cheap crap off ebay. Most motofactors will be able to get NTK, made by NGK. Prob about £60.
It's normally the post sensor that looses the circuit most.

Put your meter between the 2 white wires on the sensor, hopefully it'll show an open circuit.
Sometimes they lose the circuit at a certain temp so make it a prob to confirm.
Have fun.

Thanks Dave, have to suss out access, i'll wait and see what's going on after mot in the morning 1st.

Edit.. Back from mot and emissions are passed Lambda within specs and CO is 0.00%, EML turned off at the garage but came back on during test drive, surprisingly he told me he would fit an NTK sensor if i wanted, £60 and £30 to fit, about the same price for me to do it after buying the right socket etc but reckons the chances of it working are 50-50 ! 

Edited by dablik, 22 January 2021 - 07:17 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users