Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:28 pm

Henry cole on ITV4 at 9pm tonight.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:33 pm

Awwwwsalad. Not got TV to watch mystic baldric dammit. Can see him from the office though. 😀
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:47 pm

Got it on record.

#4 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:48 pm

Cheers Studders, recording of Mystic Baldric set.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:55 am

Were it any good? By that I mean were it fun watching a clueless eejit?

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:40 am

Once watched him attempt a massive tour of Africa on a Rickman with an old style 650cc Bonneville  engine. The bike also had trials type tyres whereas his route was on tarmac roads. My thoughts at the time were 'better you than me mate'.

Inevitably the nobbles were torn off the tyres and the engine vibrated that much it cracked the frame.

The bike was eventually replaced with a KTM (I think).

Riggers.

#7 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:11 am

His heart is in the right place re motorsickles dappers. He surpassed himself last night , hanging off the seat dropping his knee while cornering at 30mph. Bless him.

#8 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:37 am

Awwwwsalad. Not got TV to watch mystic baldric dammit. Can see him from the office though.

Watch out daps, no TV will lead to many children matey :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:21 am

His heart is in the right place re motorsickles dappers.

I aggrozzle.

Me HQ backs on to his garden where they do allorra the filming and is interesting to see some of the "projects".

Watch out daps, no TV will lead to many children matey :)

Got the best girly in the world.... That includes not wanting kids. 😀

#10 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:33 am

Spent 2 days riding the amazing roads in Majorca on a Guzzi, all 100 miles of 'em. :lol:  Quite the sensible guy this time, even disagreed with the hipster brigade......a bit.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#11 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:39 am

Remember him trying to ride the last 18 miles of a day in.... THE RAIN!! "I'M NOT SURE I WILL MAKE IT' (to my five star hotel) lolzio!!

#12 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:04 am

Successfully avoided :) Got some lovely magnolia paint.......

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#13 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:48 pm

The boy is an erse. His only saving grace was in a programme at Bonneville salt flats where he began breaking down and gibbering about his addictions as a yoof and how motorsickles saved him - nearly brought a tear to my glass eye.................................  :pimp:

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#14 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:33 pm

It was ok. I percy veered  with it. I just wanted him to liven up a bit or just 'get on with it'

Maybe all motoring shows are forever condemned to be compared to Top Gear when it was quite good ? (quite a while ago !)

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#15 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:19 pm

Still waiting for the call when he has another blast on my old drag bike. Actually any positive program on bikes and biking however light hearted is good for the cause IMHO.

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#16 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:08 pm

can i have a shot on it

#17 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:41 pm

Actually any positive program on bikes and biking however light hearted is good for the cause IMHO.

Very true.

I think there's a wee tinder box waiting to ignite, with all the moped crime going on, people will naturally assume that all powered 2 wheel riders are the same

#18 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:29 pm

Very true.

I think there's a wee tinder box waiting to ignite, with all the moped crime going on, people will naturally assume that all powered 2 wheel riders are the same

Is it any different to the public perception of the Mods and Rockers of 50 years ago? The UK (mainland) general public have always had an issue with "motorcycling" and it goes back to the 60's Mods/Rockers days - not an issue in mainland Europe and Ireland for that matter

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#19 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:34 am

Is it any different to the public perception of the Mods and Rockers of 50 years ago? The UK (mainland) general public have always had an issue with "motorcycling" and it goes back to the 60's Mods/Rockers days - not an issue in mainland Europe and Ireland for that matter

True. But I didn't realise until recently, after it was on a show on the gogglebox, that the violence between mods and rockers only happened for a short period of time one particular summer, 1964/65 ?  ish.....   Always some tension but no major clashes except for then. The way some people speak about it you would think it went on every day throughout the sixties and they were piling the bodies up at every undertakers !

One of the sweet rockers picked her up :)

https://youtu.be/9xpLTkYmco0?t=2m17s

Edited by fixitsan, 06 April 2018 - 07:36 am.

#20 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:10 am

True. But I didn't realise until recently, after it was on a show on the gogglebox, that the violence between mods and rockers only happened for a short period of time one particular summer, 1964/65 ?  ish.....   Always some tension but no major clashes except for then. The way some people speak about it you would think it went on every day throughout the sixties and they were piling the bodies up at every undertakers !

One of the sweet rockers picked her up :)

https://youtu.be/9xpLTkYmco0?t=2m17s

It was a short, mad summer (I'm told  :unsure2: ) but I think it affected the public perception of bikers for decades after. I also think that perception hindered motorcycle sport in the UK in a way that the rest of Europe and Ireland were't affected. It's only since bike racing was professionally publicised on tv in the 90s did Joe Public start to take notice and see motorcycles in a positive light. Johnny Rea's runner up spot on the Beeb's sports personality of the year just wouldn't have happened 20 years ago. Only Barry Sheene managed to break the "dirty, fighting biker" image by appearing on national telly advertising - pity it smelled of tarted up bathwater.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users