#1 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 26 January 2021 - 01:31 am

So let me get this straight - if I dont declare any modifications then any claim could be refused?
If I do declare the modifications my premium increases by 40 quid
Should I make a claim the cost of the modifications will not be taken into account and any new parts will be OEM?
Huh?

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#2 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:01 am

Sounds about right, blood suckers and allowed to make the rules.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#3 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:55 am

Depends on the mod and the company. Bennetts didn't include my slip on silencer as a mod this time around. They said it's not likely to affect the ride. Night and day to last year. Perhaps they know that in the near future sound levels will become a major issue (as also backed up by my MOT tester) . The sound clampdown is coming....

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#4 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 January 2021 - 12:56 pm

i tell them its a non std replacement part as original equipment is no longer available 

#5 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 14 February 2021 - 10:43 am

I’ve renewed with MCE for another year as they were the cheapest thieves out there, but I don’t expect much should I ever need to claim.....

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users