• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jinkojuice

Jinkojuice

discovering Carpe

• 18 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:17 pm

Just rode the Highlands 500 on my 1999 TDM 850. Loved every minute of it, Covers 1300miles in 4 days.
Battery packed up 30miles outside of wick. AMS motorcycles gave me the tools to get it going again.
Rear tyre was scrubbed by the time I got to ullapool another £151..But had an amazing time it's a must do again.

#2 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:08 pm

What! was your Camera / Phone Broken ?

Welcome

Andy

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:38 pm

West side is grand enough, did it twice the last time, hopefully get around to the whole stretch sometime but will pick a week day cos everybody and their grandma knows about it now..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:30 pm

I want to kill something quick when I hear "NC 500" mentioned! Anything I've done previously up there is what I've organised myself, not some fabricated route made up by a Muppet working for the Scottish tourist board ( Or was it those wankers at MCN )  I'm keen to know what the traffic was like? I did a tour round Skye last bank hol and vowed I wont be back, and banned myself, and added it to my "lake district" ban for the same reasons i.e. Traffic volume, Atrocious driving on single track roads, another place a victim of the tourist board, The landlady at our first night stay, said it's out of control, there isn't enough accomodation to meet demand, and up the top end it's madness due to the NC500 :rant:

Edited by jono49, 10 June 2017 - 08:30 pm.

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#5 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:48 pm

Oh well Jono just means we'll keep to the hush hush parts then, you "know" were i mean ;)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:40 am

I want to kill something quick when I hear "NC 500" mentioned! Anything I've done previously up there is what I've organised myself, not some fabricated route made up by a Muppet working for the Scottish tourist board ( Or was it those wankers at MCN )  I'm keen to know what the traffic was like? I did a tour round Skye last bank hol and vowed I wont be back, and banned myself, and added it to my "lake district" ban for the same reasons i.e. Traffic volume, Atrocious driving on single track roads, another place a victim of the tourist board, The landlady at our first night stay, said it's out of control, there isn't enough accomodation to meet demand, and up the top end it's madness due to the NC500 :rant:

Ditto,
It's also publicised in all the reversed baseball cap car magazines (by the equivalent of the wankers at MCN) and forums (fora for the pedants) and they don't want to experience the road or the journey. They just have bragging charts about who did it fastest. Plenty of other quiet circuits up there.

#7 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:23 am

What a joy it must be meeting that lot on the single track bit's, as their going for their personal best, or lap record, on the "NC 500" :rant:

#8 Jinkojuice

Jinkojuice

discovering Carpe

• 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:02 pm

There were cars racing round Loch Ness putting everyone's life at risk. I personally went to experience the views, we took our time.Loads of bikes really friendly. The views were outstanding though,I was planning to go to sky but weather was coming in so cut it short by a day.

#9 Jinkojuice

Jinkojuice

discovering Carpe

• 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:22 pm

Attached File  20170531_104758.jpg   74.46KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20170531_104758.jpg   74.46KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20170531_114702.jpg   51.11KB   1 downloadsAttached File  20170530_143812.jpg   107.66KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20170528_170457.jpg   134.64KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20170531_110951.jpg   122.94KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20170530_143812.jpg   107.66KB   0 downloads

#10 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:05 pm

Oh well Jono just means we'll keep to the hush hush parts then, you "know" were i mean ;)

Will your classic bike make a run up there this year Cliff? :)

Nice pics I'm just getting the crick out of my neck with the horizontal ones :lol:  I see you visited Smoo caves?

#11 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:08 pm

Will your classic bike make a run up there this year Cliff? :)

Nice pics I'm just getting the crick out of my neck with the horizontal ones :lol:  I see you visited Smoo caves?

Well being ever the optimistic it's gotta be a Yes, hope it's sorted before the G2G, getting on for 9 months now and no leg over..

#12 Jinkojuice

Jinkojuice

discovering Carpe

• 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:20 pm

Do you have any meets in the Midlands?

#13 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:26 pm

Do you have any meets in the Midlands?

No Jinko not had one around that neck of the woods, we had a meet up in Leominster the last 2 years which was fantastic, this year it's up to Alston way near Hartside someplace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users